Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

10 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Months now?  It all comes down to long term performance, like over 10 years or more and I have no problem acknowledging that, but I also know the standard or norm in the industry doesn't even come close to the market indexes that are constantly touted. 

Not every portfolio is aimed at matching or beating a particular index.  Sometimes its about stability and safety.  It is for me and you mind you,  :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I'm closing in on my all-time RECORD HIGH!!! WOO HOO!!     :happy:

Good time to sell those 3 shares and wait till the market drops and buy back in.

4 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Not every portfolio is aimed at matching or beating a particular index.  Sometimes its about stability and safety.  It is for me and you mind you,  :lol: 

And fee generation for the "advisor" selling them.

13 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

And fee generation for the "advisor" selling them.

You work for free?  Invest on your own if you’re so fee conscious.  No skin off my ass.  Most people benefit from professionally managed portfolios.  

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

You work for free?  Invest on your own if you’re so fee conscious.  No skin off my ass.  Most people benefit from professionally managed portfolios.  

Nope, but we don't sell people what they don't need either.  

Investors are starting to smarten up though.

Morningstar-active-passive-investments.jpeg?quality=75&strip=all&w=450&h=299.43609022556393&crop=1

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Nope, but we don't sell people what they don't need either.  

Investors are starting to smarten up though.

Morningstar-active-passive-investments.jpeg?quality=75&strip=all&w=450&h=299.43609022556393&crop=1

There are pros and cons of both types of investments, and you probably dont even know what they are.  Besides I sell about an equal amount of both, depending on the investors profile.  What do you do, so I can insult you too? 

12 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

There are pros and cons of both types of investments, and you probably dont even know what they are.  Besides I sell about an equal amount of both, depending on the investors profile.  What do you do, so I can insult you too?

Sure there are pros and cons.  And those vary if you are the one buying or selling the product.

For those watching, an independent fee-only advisor is a better choice if someone needs investment help.

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Sure there are pros and cons.  And those vary if you are the one buying or selling the product.

For those watching, an independent fee-only advisor is a better choice if someone needs investment help.

I am bound to act in a fiduciary capacity, meaning I have to do whats best for the client whether its transactionally based, or fee only, and we offer both platforms.  For those watching, your statement is incorrect, it depends on the client, and there is alot more to financial advising besides just selling investments.  Protection strategies such as life or long term care policies are still only commission based, and we offer those too.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I am bound to act in a fiduciary capacity, meaning I have to do whats best for the client whether its transactionally based, or fee only, and we offer both platforms.  For those watching, your statement is incorrect, it depends on the client, and there is alot more to financial advising besides just selling investments.  Protection strategies such as life or long term care policies are still only commission based, and we offer those too.

A fiduciary is the only way to invest if you want to hire an FA. Anyone who isnt has zero legal or ethical obligation to act in your best interests. 

27 minutes ago, f7ben said:

A fiduciary is the only way to invest if you want to hire an FA. Anyone who isnt has zero legal or ethical obligation to act in your best interests. 

Just demand 10% yearly growth, and always carry a tire iron into the office when you go for a visit.  

Neal

15 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Just demand 10% yearly growth, and always carry a tire iron into the office when you go for a visit.  

Neal

That gets znutty beat to a pulp by a nerdy glasses wearing fa who ripped him off good 

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

You can do fee only or other with the same advisor, at least you can here.  Not sure what that gets you.  The more you know.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

:lol:

It's against human nature to recommend something you get zero compensation for.  Over 65% of my investments give nothing to advisors.

Fiduciary.:lol:

9 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It's against human nature to recommend something you get zero compensation for.  Over 65% of my investments give nothing to advisors.

You're dumb as fuck dude....like mouth breathing dumb

12 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

As long as I hit my targets I really don't care how others are rewarded.  I shoot very high though.

24 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Someones getting paid, you can count on that.  :lol:    Its just as much against human nature to not recommend what is the best interest of both the client AND the advisor,  and for the majority of scenarios long term......thats fee only.    Its a slower way to get established in this business but long term the best for both parties.  Personal service still matters to a majority of people.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

That gets znutty beat to a pulp by a nerdy glasses wearing fa who ripped him off good 

You're such a fukken weirdo. That doesn't even make sense. God, you need a sound beating. Not killed, but a severe beating. 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Feels like this might finish in the red today.....just a feeling

Gotta be some profit taking at some point 

Dude the Dow is up over 200 and in record territory. :dunno: