Check your account email address ×

Sources ; Ford , gubermint motors looking to kill slow selling sedans

6 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

We're going Saturday to the local Ford dealership to look at Escapes. She says she doesn't want a full size truck anymore because she doesn't want a gas guzzler. I keep telling her to look at the EcoBoost so we'll see what happens

I called my buddy (owns Ford dealer) and asked him to check on leases and he came back with the Escape and F150 with the best deals right now.    Escape SE 4wd (1.5 or 2.0eb) was about 290/month F150 XLT Sport 4x4 2.7eb 302a was 340-380,  depending on cab size and options. Both zero down with 10,500 miles a year.     Called State Farm and the insurance was within 5 dollars a month between an Escape SE 4wd, Xlt SCab and XLT SCrew. There's quite a bit of inventory out there. We're heading out of town this Sunday and won't be back til the 8th. I've had him look up a few based on colors and options.  I told him I'd be in touch with him around the 5th to see which one he could dealer trade for.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I called my buddy (owns Ford dealer) and asked him to check on leases and he came back with the Escape and F150 with the best deals right now.    Escape SE 4wd (1.5 or 2.0eb) was about 290/month F150 XLT Sport 4x4 2.7eb 302a was 340-380,  depending on cab size and options. Both zero down with 10,500 miles a year.     Called State Farm and the insurance was within 5 dollars a month between an Escape SE 4wd, Xlt SCab and XLT SCrew. There's quite a bit of inventory out there. We're heading out of town this Sunday and won't be back til the 8th. I've had him look up a few based on colors and options.  I told him I'd be in touch with him around the 5th to see which one he could dealer trade for.  

She keeps saying she wants to trade in her fusion and get an Edge... I keep telling her about the Escape. She called and got some quick estimates on insurance through her current provider and the Ford wasn't that much different but when they checked the GMC or the Chevy, Terrain and Equinox, it was a hundred bucks more a month is what they told her. All being 4wd. 

8 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

She keeps saying she wants to trade in her fusion and get an Edge... I keep telling her about the Escape. She called and got some quick estimates on insurance through her current provider and the Ford wasn't that much different but when they checked the GMC or the Chevy, Terrain and Equinox, it was a hundred bucks more a month is what they told her. All being 4wd. 

Edges are nice,and I suggested one of those too,  but my almost 17 year old doesn't want one. Says he's not old enough for an Edge yet  :lol:   

I've tossed around the idea of buying an RS and splitting the payment 50/50 with him, and then sharing the Raptor and the RS between us , but he doesn't like the RS.  Says hatchbacks are gay. :lmao:  I said even with AWD and 350HP .  He still says yes they're gay.  Said he'd rather have an Escape :lol:

2 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Edges are nice,and I suggested one of those too,  but my almost 17 year old doesn't want one. Says he's not old enough for an Edge yet  :lol:   

I've tossed around the idea of buying an RS and splitting the payment 50/50 with him, and then sharing the Raptor and the RS between us , but he doesn't like the RS.  Says hatchbacks are gay. :lmao:  I said even with AWD and 350HP .  He still says yes they're gay.  Said he'd rather have an Escape :lol:

He doesn't know the Escape is for middle aged women?

You know he probably thinks hatchbacks are gay because you've bashed imports his whole life, right? Karma's a bitch man.

2 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I was pointing out that Subaru crosstrek?  Thing to my daughter months ago.  I thought she might like it...it looks kinda cool sporty.  She said "Ewww....I'm not driving a granola."  Granola? :lol:

She said all Subarus are "granolas" for lesbos!  Shit!  I laughed my ass off.  Ok...I never knew that. :dunno:

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

You know he probably thinks hatchbacks are gay because you've bashed imports his whole life, right? Karma's a bitch man.

Two Japs and a Hitler in my driveway now.  Bought my first foreign truck ever a while back after being a lifetime Chevy guy.  Love it.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I was pointing out that Subaru crosstrek?  Thing to my daughter months ago.  I thought she might like it...it looks kinda cool sporty.  She said "Ewww....I'm not driving a granola."  Granola? :lol:

She said all Subarus are "granolas" for lesbos!  Shit!  I laughed my ass off.  Ok...I never knew that. :dunno:

Two Japs and a Hitler in my driveway now.  Bought my first foreign truck ever a while back after being a lifetime Chevy guy.  Love it.

Granola is also used for liberal hippy types, Whole Foods types who eat Granola with hemp and flax seeds and goji berries in it, most likely with some soy or almond milk... Maybe even so.e kombucha.

We had a mix when I was growing up, every American gave us shit. Chrysler, Ford, and Chevy... The Toyotas and the Lexus just run and run, petty shit starts popping up after 100k but they just keep on going.

3 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Granola is also used for liberal hippy types, Whole Foods types who eat Granola with hemp and flax seeds and goji berries in it, most likely with some soy or almond milk... Maybe even so.e kombucha.

We had a mix when I was growing up, every American gave us shit. Chrysler, Ford, and Chevy... The Toyotas and the Lexus just run and run, petty shit starts popping up after 100k but they just keep on going.

Yeah, my old man went to Toyota 20 years ago and hit the 200k mark on three of his trucks.  And he laughed and laughed as my Chevys started to unravel at about the 70k mark.  Although, my last Tahoe was awesome.  Just basic maintenance til 170k, then some fuck face ran a stop and totaled it.   :(

My Tundra is piling up some miles now and still like fucking new.  Not a rattle to it.  Last Silverado I sold at 80k because I thought the fucking dash was gonna fall in my lap.  Fucking 45k truck in 2009 turned into a rattle trap at 75k.  Wtf?  

I'll take all the shit my buddies give me for having a Toyota.  They all trade in their Fords/Ram/Chevy at about 3 years.  Smart.   :lol:

26 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

smh at buying hs kids new cars.  

Bought my daughter a 10 year old SUV with 100k miles.  It's nice, don't get me wrong.  To keep it, she has to work a PT job, maintain a 3.5 GPA, and participate in a team sport.  She pays $200/mo. for miscellaneous expenses, ins, maintenance, etc to help her learn to budget.  I fill the tank and wash it once a month and she gets the rest.  

So, hardly a free ride in this house.   Gotta teach her how the real world works while I give her a bit of help to get her started.  No snowflakes allowed here!

2 hours ago, Wildboer said:

Theres nothing wrong with an Escape. You're just another know nothing about vehicles retard 

He would be able to see right away that you're nothing but a pussy ass Libtard Faggot

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Theres nothing cool or sporty about a Crosstrek SMH

At least she got here mom's brains 

:flush:

35 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

smh at buying hs kids new cars.  

Who's buying their kid a new car? 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

i bought my son an 02 jeep wrangler and my daughter an 11 mazda 3.  they are responsible for insurance and gas for them and they both work in addition to having sports/dance 5-6 days a week.  

I think these days if the kids got extracurriculars you really have to help them out with the vehicle,  the days of a $1000 beater are gone.  

5 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Theres nothing wrong with an Escape. You're just another know nothing about vehicles retard 

He would be able to see right away that you're nothing but a pussy ass Libtard Faggot

Theres nothing cool or sporty about a Crosstrek SMH

At least she got here mom's brains 

:flush:

Who's buying their kid a new car? 

Yeah.  How the hell am I supposed to know what a teenage girl thinks is a cool car? :lol: Guess she showed me I don't for sure.

On 7/26/2017 at 7:22 AM, snoughnut said:

We can't race on public roads so handling is not that big of a deal. Versatility is the reason and sedans don't have it, my wife drives a 2015 Traverse and she loves it.

If you drive like a toad it isn't as my sedan is very versatile, in sport mode I have 80% of the power going to the rear wheels, in tour mode it's 70 or 60%, and in snow/ice it's 50/50, plus there are changes in the suspension and shift points, and at 335 hp it's a great daily driver, now my V coupe at 556 hp is even more fun :thumb: 

22 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

If you drive like a toad it isn't as my sedan is very versatile, in sport mode I have 80% of the power going to the rear wheels, in tour mode it's 70 or 60%, and in snow/ice it's 50/50, plus there are changes in the suspension and shift points, and at 335 hp it's a great daily driver, now my V coupe at 556 hp is even more fun :thumb: 

"My sedan is versatile in sport mode".

:lol:

You have two caddys?  Really playin' up that mob thing, eh?

:lmao:

Please tell me you don't wear odd, out of the ordinary hats.

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah.  How the hell am I supposed to know what a teenage girl thinks is a cool car? :lol: Guess she showed me I don't for sure.

No one ever accused you of being that smart :lol:

:snack:  

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Fur coats :lol:

2 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

No one ever accused you of being that smart :lol:

:snack:  

Fur coats :lol:

How am I supposed to know how a teenage girl thinks?  I'm not a fucking liberal you know!

Fuck no!  Say you are making shit up about fur coats!  Say it....say that was a joke. 

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Or fur coats :news::lol:

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

How am I supposed to know how a teenage girl thinks?  I'm not a fucking liberal you know!

Fuck no!  Say you are making shit up about fur coats!  Say it....say that was a joke. 

Somebody needs to post that picture...real bent nose goombah Vinny The Chin shit! :lol:

Edited by Biggie Smails

17 hours ago, Wildboer said:

They aren't really necessary here in Jersey, we throw them on my mom's car because she could use the help and my dad's van because he takes it upstate to go sledding almost every weekend. For me, all-seasons get me through the 3/4 days a winter that the roads are snowy.

No, amount of Snake posts whining about dick sucking when no one else brought it up is too damn high.

Got something to tell everyone delivery boy?

Just that fags disgust me.

58 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Somebody has a fucking picture?????!!!!!!  ARE YOU CEREAL???????  Stop teasing me!

You know the saying about stereotypes, right?

12 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Bought my daughter a 10 year old SUV with 100k miles.  It's nice, don't get me wrong.  To keep it, she has to work a PT job, maintain a 3.5 GPA, and participate in a team sport.  She pays $200/mo. for miscellaneous expenses, ins, maintenance, etc to help her learn to budget.  I fill the tank and wash it once a month and she gets the rest.  

So, hardly a free ride in this house.   Gotta teach her how the real world works while I give her a bit of help to get her started.  No snowflakes allowed here!

Bingo!

16 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Who's giving their kid a free ride? 

14 hours ago, Zambroski said:

PM little pussy , and ask her :bc:

Nope :lol:

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Somebody has a fucking picture?????!!!!!!  ARE YOU CEREAL???????  Stop teasing me!

Post the pic @Momorider 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

Low gas prices have really killed sales of small cars.  I have a 45 minure commute and am cheap so just a Focus I bought new that's paid for, 150k miles.

Looking at a used Escape in the future for my wife. She drives alot so mileage is important. Almost 30 mpg in the Escapes. Can be had a couple years old with low miles for $15k.

Looked at some cars at the fair this week.  $17k for a Focus, $30k for Escape, $40k for F150, $60k for a diesel.  Crazy...