Check your account email address ×

Sources ; Ford , gubermint motors looking to kill slow selling sedans

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:26 AM, xcr700 said:

Ok. That's good. I kinda like my kias lol 

The company's been growing for years in the USA.  I would bet that KIA passed up several manufactures in US sales in the past decade.  Also, quality has gotten better.

Our KIA Sorrento is pretty loaded in unneeded options, all that stuff in an Explorer would have cost $15K more.  KIA SUV's however, do not have a frame they are unibody so they have ungodly low GVWR and trailer tow I think is only like 2000 lbs :lol: 

So keeping my Explorer (17 mpg) and F-150 (12 mpg), but the KIA is getting 27.5 mpg which is a win.

11 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

The company's been growing for years in the USA.  I would bet that KIA passed up several manufactures in US sales in the past decade.  Also, quality has gotten better.

Our KIA Sorrento is pretty loaded in unneeded options, all that stuff in an Explorer would have cost $15K more.  KIA SUV's however, do not have a frame they are unibody so they have ungodly low GVWR and trailer tow I think is only like 2000 lbs :lol: 

So keeping my Explorer (17 mpg) and F-150 (12 mpg), but the KIA is getting 27.5 mpg which is a win.

I always thought they were getting bigger, even if they flattened out for a bit,they will still be a force to be recconed with lol. 

When all the other manu's are putting on huge rebates and sale prices at the end of the year, KIA only offers like $1000 off MSRP, that's IF you qualify for it.  They get em with great lease offers but they get they're money either way with the buy-out.  They are holding value better these days also, comparable to anyone else.  They're not the underdog anymore.  The Sorrento was built in Georgia, but our 2015 Forte was built 99% in South Korea - only drove it 15,000 miles in 18 months and traded it in I hated that car too small and light.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

KIA :lol:

I just like their cars . I'm on my second Rio and really like it. Fully loaded for fuck all and cheap to run. My commuter car. I prefer my ram or f250 for all else 

2 hours ago, xcr700 said:

I just like their cars . I'm on my second Rio and really like it. Fully loaded for fuck all and cheap to run. My commuter car. I prefer my ram or f250 for all else 

Ignore Jay...its Ford or nothing cause hes a janitor there....He would be the same if he worked for Kia.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Man...I've said it before but KIA and Hyundai have come a long way from being throw aways.  Damn they got some nice lookin shit on the road.  And don't they have 100,000 mile warranties!  Dayam.  

19 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

I bet you can't even drive a Rio around the block in the winter.

You can get anything around the block in the snow with decent tires and a half a brain.

Edited by Wildboer
Typo
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 hours ago, xcr700 said:

Have you tried sitting on the passenger seat of that pos? Wife has a fusion ,and my head rubs against the section of roof the sunroof hides in. I'm 6'4 ,so that might be the problem  ,but still. When we go somewhere and she drives her car,I have to lean my head into the opening for the sunroof lol 

You're a bit taller then me so the only time I have that issue is when I get in the drivers seat after the GF has been using the car. She lifts the seat all the way up to see better so when I get in I hit my head on the Headliner garnish and me knees on the steering wheel

11 hours ago, xcr700 said:

I always thought they were getting bigger, even if they flattened out for a bit,they will still be a force to be recconed with lol. 

They have come a looong way and now make some nice stuff. In the beginning when they were first sold here all I saw was copies of the popular cars of the time. 

41 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

You're a bit taller then me so the only time I have that issue is when I get in the drivers seat after the GF has been using the car. She lifts the seat all the way up to see better so when I get in I hit my head on the Headliner garnish and me knees on the steering wheel

They have come a looong way and now make some nice stuff. In the beginning when they were first sold here all I saw was copies of the popular cars of the time. 

I learned the hard way to always pre move the drivers seat before getting in.  Squished my balls pretty bad once lol 

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

I learned the hard way to always pre move the drivers seat before getting in.  Squished my balls pretty bad once lol 

:lol: Ouch! Now she just warns before getting in after the first few times dropping F bombs in the driveway. She wants to get rid of the car this weekend and get an SUV from wither Ford or Chevy so we are going to the dealerships on Saturday to what they have for deals this month

11 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

:lol: Ouch! Now she just warns before getting in after the first few times dropping F bombs in the driveway. She wants to get rid of the car this weekend and get an SUV from wither Ford or Chevy so we are going to the dealerships on Saturday to what they have for deals this month

:lol: I don't get any warnings at all . 

She loves that car ,but loves driving my trucks better. You should see her at Christmas time when we trek into the city to visit family . We usually take a truck ,cause it's winter and enough already with the cars :lol:,but if I'm drinking, she's driving, and she turns totally into that Disney character from way back.....Mr.Wheeler :lol:

"GET THE FUCK OUTA MY WAY CUNT.  OR YOU'RE GONNA GET A WHOLE LOTA RAM UP YOUR ASS!!!!!". 

her words ,not mine:lol: Fuckin physco 

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

:lol: I don't get any warnings at all . 

She loves that car ,but loves driving my trucks better. You should see her at Christmas time when we trek into the city to visit family . We usually take a truck ,cause it's winter and enough already with the cars :lol:,but if I'm drinking, she's driving, and she turns totally into that Disney character from way back.....Mr.Wheeler :lol:

"GET THE FUCK OUTA MY WAY CUNT.  OR YOU'RE GONNA GET A WHOLE LOTA RAM UP YOUR ASS!!!!!". 

her words ,not mine:lol: Fuckin physco 

Her name isn't Heidi also is it? :lol: Sounds just like my girl! :bc: 

6 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Good deals on Escapes and F150s right now 

10 hours ago, xcr700 said:

Winter tires ftw

They aren't really necessary here in Jersey, we throw them on my mom's car because she could use the help and my dad's van because he takes it upstate to go sledding almost every weekend. For me, all-seasons get me through the 3/4 days a winter that the roads are snowy.

5 hours ago, Snake said:

The amount of dick sucker here is too damn high.

No, amount of Snake posts whining about dick sucking when no one else brought it up is too damn high.

Got something to tell everyone delivery boy?

22 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

They aren't really necessary here in Jersey, we throw them on my mom's car because she could use the help and my dad's van because he takes it upstate to go sledding almost every weekend. For me, all-seasons get me through the 3/4 days a winter that the roads are snowy.

No, amount of Snake posts whining about dick sucking when no one else brought it up is too damn high.

Got something to tell everyone delivery boy?

Snow tires here are a necessity  . We get pounded pretty good sometimes, and the roads here are almost always icy.  This was boxing day this year. Snowmobile season came overnight lol

20161226_090336.jpg

1 hour ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Good deals on Escapes and F150s right now 

We're going Saturday to the local Ford dealership to look at Escapes. She says she doesn't want a full size truck anymore because she doesn't want a gas guzzler. I keep telling her to look at the EcoBoost so we'll see what happens