Check your account email address ×

This winter SUCKS

jtssrx

8 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Yah well the CO2 levels were 1000X what they are today 12,000 years ago, that means fucking nothing at all you hack :finger: 

Link?

According to scientists, the last time CO2 levels were around 400ppm was the Pliocene era which was longer than 12,000 years ago.  Much longer.  Like 3 million years ago.  Several “ice ages” have come and gone since then without ever crossing the 400 ppm threshold.  But keep telling yourself there’s no significance to that.

Edited by XC.Morrison

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Sea levels have hardly risen......20 years ago they said we would be measuring rise in meters

There’s 9000 year old cities under 50 meters of ocean water so I guess the industrial revolution must have started around 10,000 years ago since that’s what’s causing climate change 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Link?

According to scientists, the last time CO2 levels were around 400ppm was the Pliocene era which was longer than 12,000 years ago.  Much longer.  Like 3 million years ago.  Several “ice ages” have come and gone since then without ever crossing the 400 ppm threshold.  But keep telling yourself there’s no significance to that.

:lies: 

34F and raining here right now. The extended forecast is calling for a pattern flip starting early February as big ridging returns to Alaska. Result would a lot of arctic cold east of the Rockies.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

34F and raining here right now. The extended forecast is calling for a pattern flip starting early February as big ridging returns to Alaska. Result would a lot of arctic cold east of the Rockies.

yah....fucking great. A melted soupy mess and -40f .....sweet

56 minutes ago, f7ben said:

nothing that has been predicted has occurred......its closer to religion than science. Sorry  

It doesn’t matter that every prediction hasn’t come true. If Democrats tell snowrider its true then its true. 

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Link?

What does c02 have yo do with high pressure systems pushing out of the south which force the polar jet into Canada? We had two strait weeks if below zero here. It’s not clinate change its weather patterns

• Thanks 1

Have a guy coming on Sunday to take away the M8. Trading for a 2006 CRF 450r which in turn will be traded for a banshee from my buddy as he is kinda looking for a dirt bike. The mountains cost too much to ride and there is dick all for snow in Albert unless you are in the mountains. 

Plenty of atv trails around my house and they are legal on the roads and I can ride all year right from my front door. Win/win

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Yup.....its basically over. Every fucking year the same thing. I'm going to sell my fucking cabin in a few years......every fucking asshole from within 1000 miles beats the shit out of every square inch of snow there because its literally the only place that ever gets snow anymore 

I'm with you hasn't been good in a long time. But side note I know your cabin so keep me posted before it goes on the market.

5 minutes ago, old cat man said:

I'm with you hasn't been good in a long time. But side note I know your cabin so keep me posted before it goes on the market.

I would certainly do that Frank.......I love the cabin but I'm 600 miles away now and its not being used like I want to. Its almost paid for and I havent made up my mind on it yet but its possible in the next year or two I might decide to let it go.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Momorider said:

He's using pseudo science to try and fool you and clearly it has worked.  One of the things he tries to use to debunk global warming is the fact that temperature rise leads CO2 rise by 800 years or so, and so therefore CO2 cannot be the cause of the temperature rise.  On the surface, and to a simpleton this makes sense.  But the science tells a deeper story.  According to actual science, the scenario goes likes this:  Changes in orbital patterns, aka the Milankovich cycle, induce a small forcing effect that starts the planet on a several thousand year warming trend that continues well after CO2 levels have begun to rise.  The initial warming allows for some melting ice in the north that leads to 1.  Less reflection of sunlight and 2. release of stored CO2 gasses within the ocean.  As the CO2 levels then rise, they act as an amplifying force on the whole system. 

Basically what that dudes argument comes down to is that boost produced by turbochargers doesn't produce the horsepower because looking at a graph, you see rpm begin to rise well before you see the psi from the turbo rise as it spools up.  Therefore rpm alone is responsible for horsepower and the boost is just a fun little anecdotal sidekick with no hand in the game.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

This is bullshit. Glad you faggots are getting out of the sport too, hopefully more faggots get out so there is less traffic when we do have snow. :bc:

That will mean less Grooming and trail work so rougher trails to ride on., trail work monies come from registrations and trail passes

13 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

That will mean less Grooming and trail work so rougher trails to ride on., trail work monies come from registrations and trail passes

Oh shut up, Don. :lol::bc: