Check your account email address ×

You hate skidoo but you need skidoo

Anler

2 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

How many years did it take cat to come out with doos 2003 sdi tech? 12-13? :lol:

LMFAO 2003 sdi tec . remind us aging how long those 800s went down the trail before making custom baseball size hole in the crank case. was it 800 or 1400 or any place in between.

total crap doo did not build a decent 800 until a few short yrs ago and they are still far from a benchmark . unless of course you are comparing them to a poo

17 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

LMFAO 2003 sdi tec . remind us aging how long those 800s went down the trail before making custom baseball size hole in the crank case. was it 800 or 1400 or any place in between.

total crap doo did not build a decent 800 until a few short yrs ago and they are still far from a benchmark . unless of course you are comparing them to a poo

so if you can make fun of a year ski doo what about 2012 cat? they were the biggest pieces of shit since the fusion.  and thats a cold hard truth.  

6 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

so if you can make fun of a year ski doo what about 2012 cat? they were the biggest pieces of shit since the fusion.  and thats a cold hard truth.  

they were total shit . and we are not talking a year or 2 of junk motors from doo it went on a long long time . like Polaris long. and the chassis is still a total pile of week shit . and look to the left I own a 15 gade

Edited by Ez ryder

Just now, Ez ryder said:

they were total shit . and we are not talking a year or 2 of junk motors from doo it went on a long long time . like Polaris long

cat was 2012-2014. are they even relevant sales numbers?  i am serious.  i just bought a 2016 El Tigre 6000 with the Q3 shocks while a nice sled the fit and finish is 1980's shit.  I am embarrassed how it is on this sled.  No where near a 10k sled.  

i am also a cat guy now so i am aloud to say how big of piles of shit they really are fit and finish.  if this sled is a snow injector like bussman''s its gone within the season.  

Just now, Kev144 said:

cat was 2012-2014. are they even relevant sales numbers?  i am serious.  i just bought a 2016 El Tigre 6000 with the Q3 shocks while a nice sled the fit and finish is 1980's shit.  I am embarrassed how it is on this sled.  No where near a 10k sled.  

14 was fine . it has the big fin and alignment was way better . I have a 14 and it has never blown a belt . I have flat spotted 4 but that is my fault getting stuck and kicking the shit out of them . fit and finish yeah ok after my first trip in the trees or the first few rollovers to get unstuck all irrelevant.

on my off trail sleds durability and ability to take big hits is #1

motor holding together in the middle of no where is #2

trail sled I really don't care as long as it rides ok I am good

5 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

i am also a cat guy now so i am aloud to say how big of piles of shit they really are fit and finish.  if this sled is a snow injector like bussman''s its gone within the season.  

no it is not I ride over the hood all the time with full vented panels . I used prob 1/8 of a tube of black rtv when it was new . no more no less tan we use on the crews rmk or summits

56 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I had them all. :lol: 4624.jpg.fe125f71bbd947c49a2024d8792f7ab9.jpg6063.jpg.34bcd25c1a345cb65b33dd904a66ab1a.jpg6112.jpg.fd0daf953eadbb4afd58379eb079f3ea.jpg16711642_10212408556638987_314684101040448674_n.thumb.jpg.7cdb0c4b084f245b5cc8f608f395fe1f.jpg7286.jpg.4deb1544ed8fd148339465a58b971e3a.jpg59fd2a7584b2a_IMG_0356(1).thumb.jpg.6cc8ae323e2559e968fd1c33ec59330e.jpg16265363_10212270241101185_2424268479207124551_n.thumb.jpg.bd098592abe79cd404b384f20dda8711.jpg

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Well , now we all know who to turn to when we need some qualified expertise on anything arctic cat related  :lol:  

Who here has ridden the new 850 summit???  If not, you should try one before talking crap....you would be really surprised.  No fix it kit needed for pooly designed engine ,atleast BRP admitted piston issues with the Etec and replaced top ends free of charge regardless of mileage....local polaris dealer admits privately that the engines are still not fixed and you should plan on a rebuild before 1500 miles or risk catastrophic engine failure.  I have personally rebuilt many post Fuji 800 poo engines....a couple at under 700 miles and several at less than 1500. Yamacat still builds poorly/cheap assembled sleds, although their 800 is a good engine.

You would all be pulling a handle and stripping reverse gears if Doo hadn't introduced the RER.....and probably still be riding a tub style wide-ass sled.  Hate Doo all you want but they are the innovative leaders in the industry. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mikeadoo said:

Who here has ridden the new 850 summit???  If not, you should try one before talking crap....you would be really surprised.  No fix it kit needed for pooly designed engine ,atleast BRP admitted piston issues with the Etec and replaced top ends free of charge regardless of mileage....local polaris dealer admits privately that the engines are still not fixed and you should plan on a rebuild before 1500 miles or risk catastrophic engine failure.  I have personally rebuilt many post Fuji 800 poo engines....a couple at under 700 miles and several at less than 1500. Yamacat still builds poorly/cheap assembled sleds, although their 800 is a good engine.

You would all be pulling a handle and stripping reverse gears if Doo hadn't introduced the RER.....and probably still be riding a tub style wide-ass sled.  Hate Doo all you want but they are the innovative leaders in the industry. 

You just contradicted yourself in the first two lines you fucking asshole :lol:   

Edited by Sal Rosenberg
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

You just contradicted yourself in the first too lines you fucking asshole :lol:   

Read a little closer prick.  Skidoo had some piston issues in the early 800 Etec engine....admitted it and fixed it under warranty at the owner's leisure for up to 3 years.  If Polaris had the balls to admit they screwed the pooch on the 800CFI design (short little pistons with too much piston to cylinder clearance=broken piston skirts.....thus the numerous "polaris 800 FIX IT KITS" on the market) from 2008 till current 800s they would go tits up from the warranty repairs.

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

4E54B3A3-C45B-4451-86BA-AC8CE954A1F5.thumb.jpeg.1519d668dadb626d1988bc882c2ffad1.jpeg

Nice sled but poor fit and finish. Will see how long it's kept 

well it wont even think about needing a top end for a solid 10k mi or more for a trail guy and about 4k on a M .

Edited by Ez ryder

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah top of the line lmfao

1455157713823.jpg

Um, that's a XP chassis you moron

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

4E54B3A3-C45B-4451-86BA-AC8CE954A1F5.thumb.jpeg.1519d668dadb626d1988bc882c2ffad1.jpeg

What made you buy that? 

Analreciever cleaning house in this thread 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

2 hours ago, Mikeadoo said:

I rode one last year....my only complaint was the footwells....without the toeholds they are way to big....and I have huge feet. Other then that its definately a step up from the xp xs ...motorwise and chassis.

A few buddies experienced cracked buldheads after minimal mountain riding...seen a few others had the same issue on Facebook.

3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

14 was fine . it has the big fin and alignment was way better . I have a 14 and it has never blown a belt . I have flat spotted 4 but that is my fault getting stuck and kicking the shit out of them . fit and finish yeah ok after my first trip in the trees or the first few rollovers to get unstuck all irrelevant.

on my off trail sleds durability and ability to take big hits is #1

motor holding together in the middle of no where is #2

trail sled I really don't care as long as it rides ok I am good

Again...mosts mountain trips and flatlander rides that ive gone on over the yrs.....more then 9 times out of 10 its the cats in our group with issues.

1 hour ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Um, that's a XP chassis you moron

What made you buy that? 

still top quality doo alloy there with that total shit fixed secondary . is that secondary still permanently fixed to the jack shaft . yeah junk have they spent a extra 3 cents to thicken up the clutch faces ? no ok still doos famous tin foil toys then ha  

still selling chassis stiffening kits like they are going out of style for that new chassis ?odd in deed

1 hour ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Again...mosts mountain trips and flatlander rides that ive gone on over the yrs.....more then 9 times out of 10 its the cats in our group with issues.

I have a good friend...die hard cat guy for years, new sleds every year....he will tow a back up sled into the good riding areas because he has been let down so many times!!!! True story

8 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Heard nothing but great things about those sleds, Kev. Would love to try one someday as they sound like great little trail rockets. Only complaint, and I didn't hear anything about fit and finish, is they are spendy when new. Keep us informed how you like it. 

7 hours ago, Mikeadoo said:

Paging RR. :news: