Check your account email address ×

You hate skidoo but you need skidoo

Anler

3 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Ok man....ive had all 4 brands over the yrs....theres only one i wouldnt trust...

And it isnt poo doo or heavy. :lol:

Fuck you Dave you ass hole!!!!11 as a new cat guy I take offence to that!!!

:lol::bc: 

Just now, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Ok man....ive had all 4 brands over the yrs....theres only one i wouldnt trust...

And it isnt poo doo or heavy. :lol:

that is rich coming from a guy riding a doo. it is hard to say what is worse poo 800 pistons or skidont cranks . I will take 20 lbs over hitting a frozen pop can and bending a multitude of modules. fucking awful skidoo engineering . yeah lets make the arms as long as we can like a lever .  then attach them as close to the hollow center of the frame . make sure we add no bracing and use the lightest cheapest alloy we can find . yes that's the ticket . that will keep the sheep coming back for more of our junk

11 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Well , now we all know who to turn to when we need some qualified expertise on anything arctic cat related  :lol:  

I've owned a cat for 3 days. I am now the site expert :dunno: 

Hey im sure yours will be ok. :bc:

Fit and finish so far is the only complaint.  It's bar none the worst in the business.  Will see how it rides some day :bc:  

Just now, Kev144 said:

Fit and finish so far is the only complaint.  It's bar none the worst in the business.  Will see how it rides some day :bc:  

Did you say what year it was?

Just now, Ez ryder said:

how long to you plan on keeping that remolds wrap gem you are on ? 

I just got it back last yr. I got it new in 12 and then sold it at the end of 13....its good enough for around here....if i ever get to the mountains i just use my buddies back up g4. :bc:

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

that is rich coming from a guy riding a doo. it is hard to say what is worse poo 800 pistons or skidont cranks . I will take 20 lbs over hitting a frozen pop can and bending a multitude of modules. fucking awful skidoo engineering . yeah lets make the arms as long as we can like a lever .  then attach them as close to the hollow center of the frame . make sure we add no bracing and use the lightest cheapest alloy we can find . yes that's the ticket . that will keep the sheep coming back for more of our junk

Can go back and forth all day....i trust my personal experience more then yours. :bc:

I just got it back last yr. I got it new in 12 and then sold it at the end of 13....its good enough for around here....if i ever get to the mountains i just use my buddies back up g4. :bc:

I ride with no doo out west any longer . use to be 2 guys I roll with had summits but that was over as soon as the pro came out . I honestly see very few doo out west . could be the places we ride but prob only 1 in 20 sleds in the forest service lots will be a doo . as far as new stuff goes rmk rules the numbers hands down then cat then doo . out of 20 sleds call it 14 rmk 5 M 1 doo .

cooke city ski doo is ALWAYS out of parts. take parts with you to the hotel. You will make a killing.

and the ratio of poos and cats and doos is close to what ezra posted. actually see more revs that xp's because revs werent that terrible of a mtn sled.

Edited by Legend

19 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

As long as you have the good clutches and shocks, you're in business.  Love the ergos and the chassis/suspensions work awesome.  At least Doo and Cat finally came around to Polaris's way of thinking with the quick release panels.  Major peeve of mine on the newer sleds was just how much harder/different to work on access wise.   :bc: 

10 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

personal experience. ok ask your dealer how many modules they replace a yr .  

7 minutes ago, Legend said:

cooke city ski doo is ALWAYS out of parts. take parts with you to the hotel. You will make a killing.

and the ratio of poos and cats and doos is close to what ezra posted. actually see more revs that xp's because revs werent that terrible of a mtn sled.

Like I said we can go back and forth all day....

My last HCS ride in the UP...we were all on Ski Doos...except for 2 cats and 1 poo....both cats broke down...and had to be towed to the nearest road....so we could trailer them out....we also stopped at a few dealers to keep them going as well.

None of the SKi doos or poo had issues.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

As long as you have the good clutches and shocks, you're in business.  Love the ergos and the chassis/suspensions work awesome.  At least Doo and Cat finally came around to Polaris's way of thinking with the quick release panels.  Major peeve of mine on the newer sleds was just how much harder/different to work on access wise.   :bc: 

unfortunately the cat doesn't have them until i believe 17 :( this 16 is a pain in the ass :bc: it was just too good a deal to pass on.  

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

unfortunately the cat doesn't have them until i believe 17 :( this 16 is a pain in the ass :bc: it was just too good a deal to pass on.  

Well the panels are about the only thing that I can think of with your sled that aren't that easy to deal with.  What I've always liked about the 2 cats I've owned was just how well then handled and went :bc: 

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Well the panels are about the only thing that I can think of with your sled that aren't that easy to deal with.  What I've always liked about the 2 cats I've owned was just how well then handled and went :bc: 

I seem recall the seats on the one model being an issue. :dunno:

8 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Like I said we can go back and forth all day....

My last HCS ride in the UP...we were all on Ski Doos...except for 2 cats and 1 poo....both cats broke down...and had to be towed to the nearest road....so we could trailer them out....we also stopped at a few dealers to keep them going as well.

None of the SKi doos or poo had issues.

The UP is not out west.

Trail sleds, yeah ski doo rules the roost. Especially in the UP. Its either doo or Yamaha in the UP.

2 minutes ago, Legend said:

The UP is not out west.

Trail sleds, yeah ski doo rules the roost. Especially in the UP. Its either doo or Yamaha in the UP.

In the northeast its hard to say.  I think Skidoo overall, but lots of the other 3 everywhere you go, unless you're in the woods, and then I'd say mostly Polaris then Skidoo, then Cat.

30 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I ride with no doo out west any longer . use to be 2 guys I roll with had summits but that was over as soon as the pro came out . I honestly see very few doo out west . could be the places we ride but prob only 1 in 20 sleds in the forest service lots will be a doo . as far as new stuff goes rmk rules the numbers hands down then cat then doo . out of 20 sleds call it 14 rmk 5 M 1 doo .

Carl Custer seems to do well with them...

5 minutes ago, Legend said:

The UP is not out west.

Well I have pictures of one of my mountain trips as well...where all the cats died in our group on the one trip :lol:

Like I said....can go back and forth all day. :bc: