Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

You must have signatures turned off in your settings :dunno: 

Maybe I'll look..but if that was the case i would have thought that nobody would see it then...this hi tek chit confuses me..lol.

Yeah that was it..is it off by default or did i do it I wonder.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, ckf said:

You have the grill to make the same thing :bc:

I'm all over it this week....after seeing those beauties I cannot wait any longer!:joint:

• Like 1

Picked up these bone in country style ribs last week. Smoked them up today. 2.5 hours at 225-250. Another 1.5 hours foiled in a pan, and then 30 minutes to firm up and set sauce.

Definitely had to foil these to help get them tender. With the varying size of cuts, some still dried out a bit. Should have put applease juice in the pan. 

Smoked over cherry wood on my wsm. Texas style rub with Texas pit bbq sauce.  Great combo if you like pepper.

I very rarely foil anything. Just doesn't make sense to me to wreck all that good bark by foiling. Rather just wait out the stall and get good bark.  Can go either way on the sauce.

20160605_182235.jpg

20160605_183606.jpg

• Like 3

Starting 6 butts Thursday night for my brothers grooms dinner.  Cant fuck this up.

Planning on 20 hours at 225, no foil. Butts take forever for me before they get fully tender. Will rest them in a cooler if they get done before we are ready.

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

Them look good

I thought they came out great! Nicole liked them, but said the bark was a little to much for her. Has anyone cut a rack in half so they could wrap one and not the other?

9 hours ago, ckf said:

I thought they came out great! Nicole liked them, but said the bark was a little to much for her. Has anyone cut a rack in half so they could wrap one and not the other?

I've not done it but you could. Timing would be a bit tough to plan. Unwrapped half would need to go on 30 minutes to an hour before the wrapped half.  

Did some grilling tonight before I smoked that top sirloin the other day I cut a few Steaks off the roast. Grilled them up tonight turned out great! The meat man.😉

IMG_20160606_182917519.jpg

IMG_20160606_181728540.jpg

Edited by Badger**
  • Like 1

I ended up smoking the roast on the kettle for a couple of hours using chunks of cherry. I pulled it at 130° and sliced it thin. Lots of flavor, but kind of tough.

20160611-IMG_0774.jpg

20160611-IMG_0775.jpg

23 minutes ago, ckf said:

I ended up smoking the roast on the kettle for a couple of hours using chunks of cherry. I pulled it at 130° and sliced it thin. Lots of flavor, but kind of tough.

Looks like ether an Eye of round roast or a Sir tip roast?? ether one of them are a tough one to get tender IMO. 

2 hours ago, Axys1 said:

Looks like ether an Eye of round roast or a Sir tip roast?? ether one of them are a tough one to get tender IMO. 

That brings up a question I have for you regarding roasts...I realize a rib roast is very tender but can you give me a list of roasts and their tenderness starting with the toughest?

Edited by Biggie Smails

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

That brings up a question I have for you regarding roasts...I realize a rib roast is very tender but can you give me a list of roasts and their tenderness starting with the toughest?

holy fuck smales ....why dont you ask him to map out the human genome for you quickly as well :lol:

Just now, f7ben said:

holy fuck smales ....why dont you ask him to map out the human genome for you quickly as well :lol:

He can do that afterwards but he is The Meat Man!:superman:

2 hours ago, Axys1 said:

Bottom round roast. I was planning on bringing it to 200 and pulling until I read online that it's to lean a cut to do that with. I need to pick up a chuck sometime and try it.

I just sliced some of the leftovers for a sandwich, very good that way :bc: