Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nice spot you have there.👊🏻🌞😎

Thanks, it’s a work in progress.

This was 6 weeks ago.

AE0D7BD3-8573-477E-B679-4A38546F5C35.thumb.jpeg.ad536dae6d3a25891b6fa27e6b3bfdb3.jpeg

Then this.

8BEC0371-4633-448A-8492-DC53B5392EC1.thumb.jpeg.fd847ed793cd037f9d724ada457f30d3.jpeg

Took out the spill over spa. It’s been replaced with a regular hot tub up at the house. Took out the Fiberglas stairs and built custom stairs inside the pool. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Back home beauty night , moon hiding behind the clouds :bc:12CFE1D8-0650-4EB3-A53E-5BC9CA995330.thumb.jpeg.f597dd68a4730fe0dff111a2b9678b47.jpeg

F42AC08B-BDDE-432F-8F31-2F678FF5B974.jpeg

Nice. It's crazy what the modern cellphone camera can do :bc:

The heat and humidity broke here yesterday. Currently 61⁰ and cloudy. 

• Like 1

Just now, ckf said:

Nice. It's crazy what the modern cellphone camera can do :bc:

The heat and humidity broke here yesterday. Currently 61⁰ and cloudy. 

I have an iPhone 11, and it was crazy to see how much better the 13 is that the little woman picked up this summer... I couldn't believe the improvement!

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

I have an iPhone 11, and it was crazy to see how much better the 13 is that the little woman picked up this summer... I couldn't believe the improvement!

They have gained a lot over the past few years. Especially at night with limited light. It's mostly on the computer side as these small sensors simply can't preform this well on their own.

• Like 1

• Gold Member

Yeah this is a 13 .....was surpirsed how much better it is than my Galaxy S9. 

Still like the Samsung better for some things, but Apple def has the camera figured out .  Unfortunately my S9 got wet and never recovered,  lost everything :thumbdown:

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

It looks like cooler weather is in the extended forecast for here in northern Vermont. Highs in the upper 60s to low 70s for the next 10 days. The highest temp forecast over the next 10 days is 75⁰ on the 20th. Summer is waning.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, ckf said:

It looks like cooler weather is in the extended forecast for here in northern Vermont. Highs in the upper 60s to low 70s for the next 10 days. The highest temp forecast over the next 10 days is 75⁰ on the 20th. Summer is waning.

Much cooler down here in CT today also ...  the humidity has been pretty bad lately. It killled one of my A/C units a few days ago thing was running non stop lol. 

• Like 1

We're having another scorcher today and spending the day on the pontoon. I'm taking it out of the water tomorrow as we'll be heading home on Monday to pack the rest of the house. We have a quick closing date (Sept 19th) and have arranged a moving company for our move. It'll be goodbye Ontario and hello Nova Scotia. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, smokin george said:

We're having another scorcher today and spending the day on the pontoon. I'm taking it out of the water tomorrow as we'll be heading home on Monday to pack the rest of the house. We have a quick closing date (Sept 19th) and have arranged a moving company for our move. It'll be goodbye Ontario and hello Nova Scotia. 

Congrats on your move :bc:

Currently sunny and 79⁰ here in northern Vermont. Humidity isn't bad either.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

My thoughts from the tractor seat. 
By Don Hartman. 

I sure miss the kind of people I grew up around... the kind that knew how to fix things when they broke, like trucks, tractors, leaky faucets, and such. Those from the generation that had guts, character and willpower... the ones that lived through world wars and the Great Depression... not by choice but because they had to.

I miss the early morning coffee drinkers... the ones that got up early and stayed at it late because that's just what you do if you want to get it done. I miss those folks that helped each other in times of need... but refused to ask others for help. The ones that didn’t have much, but they were content with what little they had. 

I miss the generation that also was easygoing and never too busy to stop and visit over the fence and just chew the fat, or had time to stop and cut a watermelon on the turn row. The kinda folks that would offer a glass of tea, or maybe sit in the shade and eat a milk nickel on a hot summer day. Folks that when the weekends came around would get together and play cards or dominos. The ones that wanted to go hunting and fishing together. 

My generation is the last taught by those great men and women. They are now the ones with gnarled hands and stooped shoulders, white hair and wrinkled skin. Many are fading, and many are dead and gone. 

That generation accomplished so much and prospered, they passed that prosperity on without most of us having earned it... now many have gotten to the point that it is expected. 
Each generation wants to give their children a life better than they had, which is a noble gesture... but a true disservice. 
But of all they taught us and gave us, there is one thing that a lot have failed to learn and that is... that most things that come easy don’t last... but the things that last don’t come easy. 

Be blessed.

• Like 4