***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

On 12/11/2022 at 3:55 PM, 800renegaderider said:

First snow of the year dusting so far but still happy to see some snow

Barley a dusting here.

Chilly start to the day with clear skies and 2⁰. I was reading a weather blog this morning and the guy was talking about cold artic air filtering in to the northeast in a week to 10 days.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

Barley a dusting here.

Chilly start to the day with clear skies and 2⁰. I was reading a weather blog this morning and the guy was talking about cold artic air filtering in to the northeast in a week to 10 days.

Ya that sucks don’t look like there will be any opening day riding this year 😞. It was cold here to 13 when I woke up. We ended up with 2 maybe 3” of fluff it was enough for me to take the kids 120 out yesterday for some yard laps while they were at school 😂. Had to test ride it make sure the tune up and shit i did over weekend was all good.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Ya that sucks don’t look like there will be any opening day riding this year 😞. It was cold here to 13 when I woke up. We ended up with 2 maybe 3” of fluff it was enough for me to take the kids 120 out yesterday for some yard laps while they were at school 😂. Had to test ride it make sure the tune up and shit i did over weekend was all good.

We may get a storm this weekend that might allow for limited riding in northern areas by the following weekend. We do need this colder air to help freeze things up before we get any significant snow. Only the smaller bodies of water have frozen over here so far. 

• Gold Member
28 minutes ago, ckf said:

We may get a storm this weekend that might allow for limited riding in northern areas by the following weekend. We do need this colder air to help freeze things up before we get any significant snow. Only the smaller bodies of water have frozen over here so far. 

The cold will help and I hear the talks of this storm Friday/Saturday although it’s saying rain/snow mix down here hopefully that changes still ways out. It be nice if at least up north has some decent riding first of the year 🤞.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dz246 said:

Morning :news:

Currently 18 degrees, blowing snow, and icy conditions. 

Currently 32⁰ and lightly snowing.  We are going to get shadowed by the mountains and are only expecting 3-6 inches here from this storm.

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Still below freezing here but by the weekend it'll be 50 degrees and raining again :bashhead:

I'm heading to Glamis in a few days. Nothing like New Years eve in the sand dunes.

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Good , hopefully it stays colder when this shit comes thru. 17 here this am

Unfortunately it looks like we will get a little snow before changing to rain here, too :(  It does look like temps get a little more seasonal after that with a little ❄️ toward the end of next week.

• Thanks 1