Check your account email address ×

New 2018 Doo RS

43 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I had a center shock bolt let go on the same '03 Rev once, years after the crash... Can't blame it on Doo though, I shoulda known something was wrong when I got done re-installing my re-valved shocks and there was an extra washer left over :lol: 

"Extra" parts are always added at the factory during assembly.  They allot for waste like that. You really don't need everything they use. :lol:

Just now, Zambroski said:

Yeah...not sure what the deal is with that.  Not happy about pro-open going away in SnoX though...AT ALL!  Gay.

Yea that sucks big time.  Hearing a dozen piped 2 strokes leave the line at the same time was what the show was all about.  SnoX seemed to be making a slight comeback the last couple of years.  This won't help attendance at the races.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Vince owned. :lmao:

Anler owned. :lmao:

Ive never traded in a sled in my life. Two of the last three that I sold was to people I know who still own them and still ride them.. :news: 

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yea that sucks big time.  Hearing a dozen piped 2 strokes leave the line at the same time was what the show was all about.  SnoX seemed to be making a slight comeback the last couple of years.  This won't help attendance at the races.  

It's really amazing.  And I haven't heard a good reason why they are doing it.  First the "Tucker rule" then this? :wall:  Attendance is soaring, money is flowing, why fuck with it?   There were plenty of pro open racers lining up last year at Duluth so I don't get the "money" is stopping Pro-open class from growing. The crowd goes nuts when they fire up.  

Hell, I just hope these people actually know what they are doing when they come up with this shit.  I wonder sometimes....actually, a lot of times.

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Ive never traded in a sled in my life. Two of the last three that I sold was to people I know who still own them and still ride them.. :news: 

I think Vince meant this:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

"Extra" parts are always added at the factory during assembly.  They allot for waste like that. You really don't need everything they use. :lol:

Of course it let go like 50+ miles from home, we were right by D&D though... The cat dealership that makes the performance parts. They were closing up for the day but they gave my dad a ride to the nearest Doo shop and lent us some tools that made the repairs take half as long as it would've with our trails idea toolkit. Never was a Cat fan, but those guys saved our ass that afternoon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Of course it let go like 50+ miles from home, we were right by D&D though... The cat dealership that makes the performance parts. They were closing up for the day but they gave my dad a ride to the nearest Doo shop and lent us some tools that made the repairs take half as long as it would've with our trails idea toolkit. Never was a Cat fan, but those guys saved our ass that afternoon.

You should have seen what the Cat people here did for me when I jerked up my whole electrical system.  HQ even got involved and hooked me up!  They really do "get it".

They may be weak on the front end, but they are far from hard to work on.  It was pretty easy to pull the whole front end off and replace the E and S modules. If I did it again I could have the engine it in an hour. 

20170420_173328.jpg

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's really amazing.  And I haven't heard a good reason why they are doing it.  First the "Tucker rule" then this? :wall:  Attendance is soaring, money is flowing, why fuck with it?   There were plenty of pro open racers lining up last year at Duluth so I don't get the "money" is stopping Pro-open class from growing. The crowd goes nuts when they fire up.  

Hell, I just hope these people actually know what they are doing when they come up with this shit.  I wonder sometimes....actually, a lot of times.

Honestly, the Tucker rule and this are stupid... the way to deal with the Tucker problem would have been to run him out of the sport around 2010.

1 hour ago, Doorider said:

They may be weak on the front end, but they are far from hard to work on.  It was pretty easy to pull the whole front end off and replace the E and S modules. If I did it again I could have the engine it in an hour. 

20170420_173328.jpg

I wouldnt say its hard to work on but everything in there is pretty tight and you have to take off alot of shit to get at what you need to get to. Its not like the old days where you just pop the hood and fix your shit trailside. 

Just now, Anler said:

I wouldnt say its hard to work on but everything in there is pretty tight and you have to take off alot of shit to get at what you need to get to. Its not like the old days where you just pop the hood and fix your shit trailside. 

I'll say it's hard to work on.  CUZ FUCK!!!!  Unless you have little girl hands with the dexterity of a surgeon. 

And damn DOO Rider....that's a full on disassembly and reassembly.  Kinda not the same thing.  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I'll say it's hard to work on.  CUZ FUCK!!!!  Unless you have little girl hands with the dexterity of a surgeon. 

And damn DOO Rider....that's a full on disassembly and reassembly.  Kinda not the same thing.  

Theres that too. I have big hands and yeah i had to break out the extenda grabber or the magnet on a stick with the mirror on a stick many times. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Theres that too. I have big hands and yeah i had to break out the extenda grabber or the magnet on a stick with the mirror on a stick many times. :lol: 

I had to reroute the coolant line with surgical tools when I changed plugs...broke it when my hand got lodged in there. :lmao:

Ever pull the driven clutch?  CUZ :lol: Just the clutch. :lmao:

Brutal...bit still, a finely tuned machine...no doubt.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
46 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That's what I was thinking.....eessh.

7 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

I know that but the SB has the beaver tail so I was wondering how it did in the pow.

the poo with the combine hanging off the tunnel sucks ass in the deep it is tail heavy and trenches out quick . built for trail a bud has 1 who can ride the pow very well and if there is even a slim chance of popping off the trail the farm implement Polaris stays home and the rmk gets to go .

If I spent more than 25 %   off trail I would get a standard coupled skid and more than 50% a uncoupled skid with the narrow arms

Edited by Ez ryder

24 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

the poo with the combine hanging off the tunnel sucks ass in the deep it is tail heavy and trenches out quick . built for trail a bud has 1 who can ride the pow very well and if there is even a slim chance of popping off the trail the farm implement Polaris stays home and the rmk gets to go .

If I spent more than 25 %   off trail I would get a standard coupled skid and more than 50% a uncoupled skid with the narrow arms

Interesting.....

4 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Look at all the guys that hung up the helmet at the end of last season.  I've also seen a handful of the big haulers on Racingjunk for sale since the season ended too.  

Could be a tough go of it for a few series next year.  I think one in MI called it quits and another is talking about it.

It could be a very interesting year at the tracks next year.  

10 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Interesting.....

Yeah, interesting,.. The guy hates poo, cat is the best..been hearing it for years..Ezra rides in the woods out west, we got it, you da man Ezra..steep and deep!!

But for facts, 3 feet of fresh powdah,  out by myself field playing and ditch bang'n for hours in Syracuse at the trucking company terminals by my house,  stopping and going on a little 600 switch with a 1.375 cobra track..the sled is fine off trail, is there better off trail sleds?? I'm sure,..but if you want to do both,..the Switchback does it all very well..I put a clutch kit in it, dual rate Springs, and shimed the skis, other than that is bone stock.

DSC_0604.JPG

DSC_0516.JPG

DSC_0608.JPG

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Yeah, interesting,.. The guy hates poo, cat is the best..been hearing it for years..Ezra rides in the woods out west, we got it, you da man Ezra..steep and deep!!

But for facts, 3 feet of fresh powdah,  out by myself field playing and ditch bang'n for hours in Syracuse at the trucking company terminals by my house,  stopping and going on a little 600 switch with a 1.375 cobra track..the sled is fine off trail, is there better off trail sleds?? I'm sure,..but if you want to do both,..the Switchback does it all very well..I put a clutch kit in it, dual rate Springs, and shimed the skis, other than that is bone stock.

DSC_0604.JPG

DSC_0516.JPG

DSC_0608.JPG

not saying it is a bad sled my best bud has 1 saying if spending any real time off trail it is not the best option . I ride in the UP where I assume he is also and I would buy a standard skid all day if spending any time off trail. it is mostly dead ends   logging roads when going off trail up there . and the combine is not ideal .  

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

not saying it is a bad sled my best bud has 1 saying if spending any real time off trail it is not the best option . I ride in the UP where I assume he is also and I would buy a standard skid all day if spending any time off trail. it is mostly dead ends   logging roads when going off trail up there . and the combine is not ideal .  

I agree,  like I said, my buddies assault is better off trail, but he can't keep up on the trail..I can go play in a field for hours, so can my buddy, it's surely easier for him, but I'm having a ball too, with a bit more effort I'd bet..but that fucker is way back and beat to hell after 50miles of trail riding..

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

I agree,  like I said, my buddies assault is better off trail, but he can't keep up on the trail..I can go play in a field for hours, so can my buddy, it's surely easier for him, but I'm having a ball too, with a bit more effort I'd bet..but that fucker is way back and beat to hell after 50miles of trail riding..

Don't make me put a call out for a Madcat meeting boy. Now you watch your tone and simmer down. :lmao: