Check your account email address ×

The real jobs report.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Between Feb. 2020 and March 2024.

3.4 million jobs to migrants and illegals.

-78,000 to US born workers.

"We did it Joe!"

I just witnessed 5 mehiconos fully install a new roof on a tall, hard-pitched two-story house on Sunday morning in 4 hours flat.  

The white boss stood on the ground watching the whole time.  The most strenuous job he did was drive the van that day.  This is where we’ve gotten to now, and it ain’t gonna change.  

I have been trying to fill 4 roles for the past 6mo + and no one who is an American even applies.  High level technical roles.  Tons of Indians and Chinese apply, but I also need someone who is able to speak to people and would much prefer to hire a local.

13 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I have been trying to fill 4 roles for the past 6mo + and no one who is an American even applies.  High level technical roles.  Tons of Indians and Chinese apply, but I also need someone who is able to speak to people and would much prefer to hire a local.

To many government programs that pay people not to work are out there.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Between Feb. 2020 and March 2024.

3.4 million jobs to migrants and illegals.

-78,000 to US born workers.

"We did it Joe!"

Lmao.... The end Looks like Home Depot early in the morning.   

6 minutes ago, Doug said:

To many government programs that pay people not to work are out there.

I am hiring way above that category though.  $150k + jobs shouldn't be that hard to fill 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I am hiring way above that category though.  $150k + jobs shouldn't be that hard to fill 

Speaking for myself since I retired got asked to come back as a contractor 4 times and turned it down each time.  The current level of management feel having meetings and sending email and text chains out actually gets something done and resolve problems.  They are wrong.  You need to talk to people one on one and physically look at the problems and hold people accountable.

I liked my job but hated the current method/environment of management.  That was the main reason I retired and the reason I wouldn't go back as a contractor.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I don’t see a lot of movement in that area, unless whole sale changes are occurring.  I’m one willing to “ride out” what I have at the moment.  It would take quite the bump to make me even consider looking right now.  I know one person who has been adventurous in the last 4-5 years and I think they’ve had 6 jobs in that time frame.

19 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Holy fach! I should say not!

20 minutes ago, Doug said:

Speaking for myself since I retired got asked to come back as a contractor 4 times and turned it down each time.  The current level of management feel having meetings and sending email and text chains out actually gets something done and resolve problems.  They are wrong.  You need to talk to people one on one and physically look at the problems and hold people accountable.

I liked my job but hated the current method/environment of management.  That was the main reason I retired and the reason I wouldn't go back as a contractor.

With this current 5-7 year conversion project I’m on, I certainly can see what you mean.  And when this carrot they’ve put out in front of me comes to fruition, retiring and coming back as a part time contractor will certainly be an option.  Am I going to be willing to do that?  Time will tell.  We have one guy who retired and contracting now, and he ducks out on meetings all the time, so he can get what they want done. That would be a cool option for a while, not during snowmobile season!

Just now, Pete said:

Inflation through the roof as predicted all owned by the dems and plugs. Great job :lmao:

It would've have been no different had Trump won.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

With this current 5-7 year conversion project I’m on, I certainly can see what you mean.  And when this carrot they’ve put out in front of me comes to fruition, retiring and coming back as a part time contractor will certainly be an option.  Am I going to be willing to do that?  Time will tell.  We have one guy who retired and contracting now, and he ducks out on meetings all the time, so he can get what they want done. That would be a cool option for a while, not during snowmobile season!

Towards the the end before retiring if I felt it was a waste of my time I would stop the meeting to ask the If I was needed for the remained of the meeting.  If not I would leave to go get something done.  When I would call a meeting which was not that often I would have everybody turn their phone to silent and ask if they would wait until after the meeting to read any text messages.  If somebody was on their phone during the meeting I would stop the meeting until they were done.   

16 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

It would've have been no different had Trump won.

You do not know this you tds fuck

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pete said:

You do not know this you tds fuck

Of course I dont. But you think it would. 

19 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Of course I dont. But you think it would. 

You have zero clue. Zero but you’ll blame trump because you are a serious tds fuck

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

You have zero clue. Zero but you’ll blame trump because you are a serious tds fuck

Where did I blame Trump? I said things(inflation) wouldnt be any different under Trump. Thats not blaming him.