Check your account email address ×

Work til you die.. not a bad philosophy

• Platinum Contributing Member

Have to admit....I kinda agree with this. I'm busy as hell getting setup with my new "lifestyle" but I'm already regretting retirement.:lmao: Hope I adjust. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/columnist/2024/03/13/ben-shapiro-retirement-trump-social-security-medicare-cuts/72947221007/

Screenshot_20240313_105240_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240313_110009_Chrome.jpg

I'm not working for someone else any longer then I need to. After retirement you just have to stay physically and mentally active

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Anybody who believes retirement is a bad thing is a moron. Getting up every day and having the freedom to do what you want in life is priceless, life is too short to toil away at a job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Now retirement is political - nice work. Yeah I’d definitely rather work than travel, see my kids more, grandkids, etc. 

I had 7 weeks vacation plenty of time to do any of that shit

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Well you should keep working for Trump then. He needs more donations.

Just now, snoughnut said:

Anybody who believes retirement is a bad thing is a moron. Getting up every day and having the freedom to do what you want in life is priceless, life is too short to toil away at a job.

Guess I liked my job a little too much.  I'm seeing both sides right now and I'm not impressed.....sounded good from the sidelines.

Fill your time with other activities ... before you know it, you'll be like most others who retire and say, "I don't know how I ever had time to work!"

Retirement is a good thing - and I can't wait to get there (and hopefully have the health to enjoy it for many years).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, akvanden said:

Well you should keep working for Trump then. He needs more donations.

Actually, I was thinking about trying to go back.....but It would be like starting over with beginning wages and vacation time...would lose all my seniority.   So I'm basically stuck where I'm at.

4 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

7 weeks out of 52 a year isn't even 15%

Just now, Skidooski said:

7 weeks out of 52 a year isn't even 15%

Another 7 sick days....and I could take a week off more frequently than every other month.....more than enough time off.

5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Fill your time with other activities ... before you know it, you'll be like most others who retire and say, "I don't know how I ever had time to work!"

Retirement is a good thing - and I can't wait to get there (and hopefully have the health to enjoy it for many years).

I'm still busy unpacking and setting up from my recent move. Staying quite busy right now.   Wife knows I'm miserable already.  Should have known  after I had a good taste of retirement when I was out 6 months with Covid 2 years ago...... couldn't wait to go back to work then.  What made me think it would be different this time, I'll never know.     I'm gonna try to take up a lot of hobbies I used to have to ease into this end of stage part of life.:lmao:

• Like 2

• Gold Member

My wife’s grandfather is 92 he’s been retired since the mid 90s guys been retired almost longer than I’ve been alive lol. Working into retirement age is retarded I say do it as soon as you can.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I'm still busy unpacking and setting up from my recent move. Staying quite busy right now.   Wife knows I'm miserable already.  Should have known  after I had a good taste of retirement when I was out 6 months with Covid 2 years ago...... couldn't wait to go back to work then.  What made me think it would be different this time, I'll never know.     I'm gonna try to take up a lot of hobbies I used to have to ease into this end of stage part of life.:lmao:

ORRRR Spend more time here making silly arguments or saying dumb shit!!11 Seems to be what other retired folk are doing  :snack:

31 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Guess I liked my job a little too much.  I'm seeing both sides right now and I'm not impressed.....sounded good from the sidelines.

Take another look in 6 weeks.

6 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

ORRRR Spend more time here making silly arguments or saying dumb shit!!11 Seems to be what other retired folk are doing  :snack:

Yup.... fitting right in:lmao:

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Take another look in 6 weeks.

Yeah, I guess....just got a bad attitude right now and unpacking and getting this house set up is a real pain in the ass. I've been mad at everything lately . I'll admit that

Yup.... fitting right in:lmao:

Yeah, I guess....just got a bad attitude right now and unpacking and getting this house set up is a real pain in the ass. I've been mad at everything lately . I'll admit that

PLus when the nice weather hits and instead of working you are in a boat on a lake it seems like a great idea. 

That being said , moving fucking blows

42 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Most people don't.  That's the main problem.

• Like 2

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Most people don't.  That's the main problem.

Chicken dinner

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

PLus when the nice weather hits and instead of working you are in a boat on a lake it seems like a great idea. 

That being said , moving fucking blows

Are you gonna do that every day?

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Are you gonna do that every day?

Just the hot ones. 

Then a little lawn care, walk the garden , pick veggies. 

Go for a motorcycle ride 

A little fly fishing in a river.

A round of golf once a week

Hit the sxs trails when they are empty , midweek

Maybe even the occasional titty bar.

many in life have no interests. retirement doesn't make them appear. my girlfriend is part retired. they asked her back 2 days a week. no one applied. she has many interests and is always busy. she remains active and eats a good diet. too many retire, celebrate with steak dinners and hit the chair. gone in no time. that is the worst part of life to stop moving

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

My wife’s grandfather is 92 he’s been retired since the mid 90s guys been retired almost longer than I’ve been alive lol. Working into retirement age is retarded I say do it as soon as you can.

BuT iTs DiFfErEnT iF yOu EnJoY yOuR jOb!!!!

3 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

many in life have no interests. retirement doesn't make them appear. my girlfriend is part retired. they asked her back 2 days a week. no one applied. she has many interests and is always busy. she remains active and eats a good diet. too many retire, celebrate with steak dinners and hit the chair. gone in no time. that is the worst part of life to stop moving

Right now I have the exact opposite problem.  Sit on the computer all day working and don't get enough time to get up and do things.  One the weekends I'm outside working all day, wish I could do that every day.

They just recently changed our vacation policy so I'm up to 5 weeks which really helps.