Check your account email address ×

2024 leftovers... UGH!!!

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, AK440 said:

You gotta dig deep to support the industry. If you don’t snowcheck a ‘25 you’re not a true snowmobiler. The least you could do is buy a leftover ‘23 or ‘24. If you don’t the OEM’s won’t build hardly any 25’s, factories will shut down, assembly workers will be laid off. The entire sled industry will come to a shuddering halt and then cease to exist. 

The least you could do is STFU.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The least you could do is STFU.

Whoa! You gays have trouble with controlling your emotions. How many cocks did you choke on before your community🌈 gave you that user name? :buttkisser:

C00A8E42-B542-4B25-979E-5153DAE60972.png

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mnstang said:

I wonder if that's because they live on credit..  But sure go into deeper debt for a winter toy that should help the old savings situation out.

There are plenty of good used sleds they can afford for under 4k.  And those sleds also won't depreciate so they won't be losing shit loads of money that they don't even have.

I’d dare to say a $10-12k snowmobile (money down taken out) loan is far less idiotic than a mortgage payment truck loan (that you’re upside down in after 3 months for depreciation)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I’d dare to say a $10-12k snowmobile (money down taken out) loan is far less idiotic than a mortgage payment truck loan (that you’re upside down in after 3 months for depreciation)

When we bought our house I remember our loan officer talking about that very thing. We had to jump through alot of hoops to get our loan but people could go into a car dealer and leave the same day with a $50k car that starts depreciation as soon as you drive away.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, AK440 said:

You gotta dig deep to support the industry. If you don’t snowcheck a ‘25 you’re not a true snowmobiler. The least you could do is buy a leftover ‘23 or ‘24. If you don’t the OEM’s won’t build hardly any 25’s, factories will shut down, assembly workers will be laid off. The entire sled industry will come to a shuddering halt and then cease to exist. 

you're slowly turning into my second third favorite trouble making dupe account around here... :roflcrying:

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

I don't think so.  A snowmobile is a complete toy (for most) that depreciates rapidly and every time you use it you're also spending money, for some people alot more.  And it's seasonal only and then sits for months while you're making payments and making someone else rich instead of yourself.  You should never go into debt for a total recreational luxury item, especially when there's ones out there you can actually afford.  But reading some magazines and fomo is all it takes for some to have negative money.

A car or truck literally makes you money if you need it to get you to work.  That alone makes the car infinitely more valuable.  Car is a need, sled is a want.

Not that I'm advocating for car payments either, I've never had one but it's way more understandable than a sled payment, that's a joke!

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it's higher than $4K but the point remains the same.  people in general are deeply in debt for homes, cars/trucks, 'toys', student loans, credit cards, medical bill and on and on...

excluding Jags and SP 500's there's not much out there for us over $4K we'd want... is there?  :lol:

otb... :slapping:

Don't even know what you're trying to say.  I am aware people are in debt for those things.

Do you mean under 4k?  Either way, there's plenty of sleds I want that are both over and under 4k!!!

53 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you're slowly turning into my second third favorite trouble making dupe account around here... :roflcrying:

:snack:

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Sadly for AK leftovers are still too expensive.  No sled for him with all that glorious snow.

Have you completely unscrewed your clickers yet? Your sled will ride even softer if you give them a really strong twist when they hit that false stop. 

9 hours ago, mnstang said:

I don't think so.  A snowmobile is a complete toy (for most) that depreciates rapidly and every time you use it you're also spending money, for some people alot more.  And it's seasonal only and then sits for months while you're making payments and making someone else rich instead of yourself.  You should never go into debt for a total recreational luxury item, especially when there's ones out there you can actually afford.  But reading some magazines and fomo is all it takes for some to have negative money.

A car or truck literally makes you money if you need it to get you to work.  That alone makes the car infinitely more valuable.  Car is a need, sled is a want.

Not that I'm advocating for car payments either, I've never had one but it's way more understandable than a sled payment, that's a joke!

I paid $5500 for my latest vehicle and 16 for my sled so I wouldn’t listen to me either. 

BUT with the prices of sleds these days if you can put 7-8-10 grand down and pay monthly on the rest I think the difference in cash is better off in your pocket.

17 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Sadly for AK leftovers are still too expensive.  No sled for him with all that glorious snow.

maybe we could crowd fund enough to get him a cheap Baler or something?   

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

maybe we could crowd fund enough to get him a cheap Baler or something?   

:roflcrying:

And amusingly it would be a monstrous upgrade over anything he's ever owned.

Just now, Deephaven said:

Do they make a snowbike kit for an 80cc machine?  Perhaps that would be a nicer thing to go in on for him.

based upon average snowfall in Alaska... I was thinking something like this...

https://wausau.craigslist.org/snw/d/clintonville-classic-suzuki-lt50-quad/7724661217.html

or this... 

https://wausau.craigslist.org/snw/d/port-edwards-snowdog-ice-fishing-machine/7705804403.html

on a completely separate note, anyone need a 2018 MXZ 600 with 67 miles on it?

https://wausau.craigslist.org/snw/d/wausau-2018-skidoo-mxz-600-with-only-67/7713907180.html

anyone need a 340 Puma?

https://wausau.craigslist.org/snw/d/mosinee-artic-cat-puma-340/7716640946.html

race-n-rally magazines?

https://wausau.craigslist.org/snw/d/stratford-race-rally-magazines-each/7719181912.html

93 Jag Deluxe before TH68 snaps it up?

https://wausau.craigslist.org/snw/d/hancock-1993-arctic-cat-jag-deluxe/7712577000.html

a covid priced Jag (parts sled) and trailer?

https://wausau.craigslist.org/snw/d/rothschild-snowmobile-and-trailer/7719390310.html

little something for the Polaris boys?

https://wausau.craigslist.org/snw/d/plover-wheeler-1987-polaris-cyclone-250/7718287378.html

oval racing sled?

https://wausau.craigslist.org/snw/d/fine-ludwig-440-pro-sprint/7705636150.html

an F7 just because F7

https://wausau.craigslist.org/snw/d/mosinee-2005-arctic-cat-f7/7714211467.html

I don't remember the last time I looked for shit on C/L... glad to see it's still there :lmao:

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2024 at 10:11 AM, Sled_Hed said:

I'm looking into a 94 Indy trail 

I keep thinking I need a wedge and a Trail would work fine.  Started second pull one-handed.  Every. Single.  Time. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Palu49 said:

I paid $5500 for my latest vehicle and 16 for my sled so I wouldn’t listen to me either. 

BUT with the prices of sleds these days if you can put 7-8-10 grand down and pay monthly on the rest I think the difference in cash is better off in your pocket.

the 'vehicle' was a good purchase... I hope?  :dunno:

I haven't made a car/truck/boat/toy etc payment since 2001... because I'm on not riding/driving a deprecating mortgage.

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the 'vehicle' was a good purchase... I hope?  :dunno:

I haven't made a car/truck/boat/toy etc payment since 2001... because I'm on not riding/driving a deprecating mortgage.

It’s a nice unit and people try to buy it at gas stations and parking lots all the time 😂 

I usually don’t take payments on things but the cash was better suited elsewhere in this situation 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 1:01 PM, Not greg b said:

They probably cut out the lower end models because most people snow check the latest and greatest. Has been that way for a long time. Not having new “value” sleds will help with their inventory problem.

They didn't make new XCs this year because there are too many carryovers sitting on dealer lots.

On 3/9/2024 at 7:31 PM, Palu49 said:

Both are idiotic.

On 3/10/2024 at 7:38 AM, Palu49 said:

Nope, it's not.  Rates at dealers are upwards of 10% right now.  Even the local credit union is 7.5-8% depending on loan term and that's for prime borrowers.

There are some really good deals out there right now, if you can stroke a check for it.  Get a few dealers in a price war against each other on the same or similar models.  The time spent comparison shopping and a couple hundred miles will be worthwhile.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2024 at 9:25 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

updated... 

2,282 2024 New Polaris Snowmobiles For Sale

1,899 2024 New Ski-Doo Snowmobiles For Sale (more?)

369 2024 New Arctic Cat Snowmobiles For Sale

187 2024 New Yamaha Snowmobiles For Sale

123 2024 New Lynx Snowmobiles For Sale (more?)

the BRP sleds are breeding... :dunno:

Drop the Polaris to 2,281. Dad got me an 850 assault today for getting good grades on my report card. It is a snocheck only model that was sold out but some how a dealer had one. It has the big tv screen in it and does wheelies. 

• Haha 3