Check your account email address ×

Are The 2015 CTEC 600’s Any Good

I had a 16 that I put 8000 miles on with no issues.  They had problems with breaking piston skirts but there is a new updated piston design you can use.  Might be worth a quick freshen up if it is getting up there in miles.  Top end seal kit and piston kit is all you will need.

• Platinum Contributing Member
24 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Zuke or bust in the procross

Kind of what I was thinking…looking at a 15 800RR that is pretty minty…makes more sense than anything else at this point all things considered.

Just now, Deephaven said:

If you can deal with the sitting position on the Procross it is the only choice.

Are there any aftermarket seats available that improve the seating position?

The ctec 6000 is good I wouldn't have any concerns about it.  I personally wouldn't bother with the Suzuki 800.  Very blubbery on the low end, low torque in low and midrange, you have to ride it hard to make it do anything.  

8 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This one is in a RXC.❄️

We've had 2 early builds scatter completely, lots of pieces.

There were a couple piston updates, and they're pretty damn solid engines after that

• Like 1

15's are pretty good.  If it hasn't gernaded itself yet, it should be fine.

We've had a small handful of 2015's and replaced a motor in 1 at 7500 due to my own fault and bought one with a bad motor and replaced it.  All the others have been find.  One has 11.5k with no rebuilds on it, but all trail miles.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

15's are pretty good.  If it hasn't gernaded itself yet, it should be fine.

We've had a small handful of 2015's and replaced a motor in 1 at 7500 due to my own fault and bought one with a bad motor and replaced it.  All the others have been find.  One has 11.5k with no rebuilds on it, but all trail miles.

Shit! Now I am glad I sold my 15 when I did. If you like it? I'm out. Fake race sledder.:finger:

17 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Shit! Now I am glad I sold my 15 when I did. If you like it? I'm out. Fake race sledder.:finger:

What other year Procross 600's do you have?  I'm fairly certain I've owned those years too.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

What other year Procross 600's do you have?  I'm fairly certain I've owned those years too.

15, 18, 20, 22. 24 of course. Just a spin around the yard. Zero issues,  but I will never keep a sled past 4,000 miles. Resale, resale, resale. 

21 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

15, 18, 20, 22. 24 of course. Just a spin around the yard. Zero issues,  but I will never keep a sled past 4,000 miles. Resale, resale, resale. 

Four stroke skidoo. 4000 miles will bring top dollars 

24 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Four stroke skidoo. 4000 miles will bring top dollars 

Yeah. It is a Doo. Will bring in a huge loss. No money in crap!

29 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Save a lot of money on fuel and oil with that Doo to make up for it.

Not really. 1100 plus miles on a gallon of Ctec 2 oil. $50.00, what I paid for, 6-7 gallon reserve. No filter, no mess and no dealer upcharge. 14 mpg. Most years, 1100 miles or more. No more chaincase oil changes as well. Just sayin.

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Not really. 1100 plus miles on a gallon of Ctec 2 oil. $50.00, what I paid for, 6-7 gallon reserve. No filter, no mess and no dealer upcharge. 14 mpg. Most years, 1100 miles or more. No more chaincase oil changes as well. Just sayin.

You lie like shit.  80:1 and you are burning down.  That or you never break 15mph which is probably the case.

• Like 1