Check your account email address ×

Brand New 17 ZR6 Roger Skime

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Just popped up on Marketplace….brand new with all the dealer paperwork….what would you pay?

BTW the asking is 13,000

Is it a limited build?  Do a search to see if any other ones are for sale.  See what the market is for that sled

If it's not limited although a cool sled that's a high price.  Could purchase a 2-3 year old sled for that price

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Doug said:

Is it a limited build?  Do a search to see if any other ones are for sale.  See what the market is for that sled

If it's not limited although a cool sled that's a high price.  Could purchase a 2-3 year old sled for that price

The Skime sleds were a one year limited build…somewhere around 500 were made. This is the first brand new one I’ve seen listed. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The Skime sleds were a one year limited build…somewhere around 500 were made. This is the first brand new one I’ve seen listed.

I'd look around to see what other ones are selling for if you can find one.  Hard call

4 minutes ago, Doug said:

I'd look around to see what other ones are selling for if you can find one.  Hard call

TBH I started this thread out of curiosity more than anything…I wouldn’t pay that even for a new RS.👊🏻

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

TBH I started this thread out of curiosity more than anything…I wouldn’t pay that even for a new RS.👊🏻

Couple sleds that were limited build that I have sold just like anything needs to find the right buyer.  I've made out good on them but it took a while to sell them and wasn't in a place that I needed to sell them.

When a guy came to pick up the sled he bought he looked at another sled I wasn't planning on selling a 1992 XLT.  Asked what I wanted for that so I though what I thought was a crazy price and he bought.  Just takes the right buyer.

These were first year limited build sleds.  Often times they have one year only parts.  The limited build sleds now are more of a signature build sled.

• Like 1

@mnstang has one and a few others here have as well like @Ziemann @taperk600 

they're a rare duck, probably one of the most unique PC's ever made and I'd like to have one just to look at but... not for $13K even if it's brand new.

question is, what's it worth 5, 10, 15, 20 years from now... or what's it worth to just start using and enjoying it on occasion?

• Like 1

I have seen that new one.  It's a good price.  I have seen lightly used ones (~100 miles) go for 14-15k.  If it was in MN it'd be snatched up quickly at that price being brand new as delivered, it has very high collector value.  These sleds will be worth money in the future.  But if you're also just in the market for a new trail sled, there's still high value for that sled at that price, especially when you factor in the resale.  You could ride for 5 years and it will be worth more after that than any other brand new sled you'd buy right now.  Because it's an RS.  Ultra premium shocks, well balanced sled right off the floor and they look killer.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I have seen that new one.  It's a good price.  I have seen lightly used ones (~100 miles) go for 14-15k.  If it was in MN it'd be snatched up quickly at that price being brand new as delivered, it has very high collector value.  These sleds will be worth money in the future.  But if you're also just in the market for a new trail sled, there's still high value for that sled at that price, especially when you factor in the resale.  You could ride for 5 years and it will be worth more after that than any other brand new sled you'd buy right now.  Because it's an RS.  Ultra premium shocks, well balanced sled right off the floor and they look killer.

Good points.👊🏻🇺🇸

Local AC shop in Glastonbury had a 16 or 2017. El tigre that was a new sled, owner paid for sled and died..... Dealer ended up with it ...

Before COVID they sold it for 8900 , or 9k...AND it could be financed through AC

Shop had a Roger Slime + 2 ZR El tigre ..

Skime edition was next generation......

8k - 9k is more believable......

Yes , I would ride it.

1 hour ago, ICG said:

Local AC shop in Glastonbury had a 16 or 2017. El tigre that was a new sled, owner paid for sled and died..... Dealer ended up with it ...

Before COVID they sold it for 8900 , or 9k...AND it could be financed through AC

Shop had a Roger Slime + 2 ZR El tigre ..

Skime edition was next generation......

8k - 9k is more believable......

Yes , I would ride it.

I would ride this one as well.👍🏼