Lutsen Resort Fire

Saw it on the local news (Rochester) feed this morning.  Anytime a fire breaks out at a Northwoods resort or bar, it sure seems to be suspect.  Add to that, a record year for shit weather and it's even more suspicious.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

Saw it on the local news (Rochester) feed this morning.  Anytime a fire breaks out at a Northwoods resort or bar, it sure seems to be suspect.  Add to that, a record year for shit weather and it's even more suspicious.  

I guy hates to automatically get suspicious but it has happened quite a few times. A couple establishments around here have had that happen (Carlsona Beach specifically)

• Like 1

Did the ski hill own that one??  Not sure they did - if they did, that would be quite suspicious considering the Mogul’s burned not even a year ago now.

19 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Did the ski hill own that one??  Not sure they did - if they did, that would be quite suspicious considering the Mogul’s burned not even a year ago now.

No, different owners.

Old buildings, old heating systems, old fireplaces + chimneys...add in the winter cold and bad things happen when you try to keep warm....

On 2/6/2024 at 4:49 PM, Mag6240 said:

Moguls isn't the one that burned last year, that was Papa Charlies...

8 hours ago, D-rail said:

Moguls isn't the one that burned last year, that was Papa Charlies...

Yeah that was a mistake on my part.  I knew that, not sure why I said Mogul’s.

Ate at Blue Finn last night and the bartender said not many had been staying there for a few years since the new owner took over, pretty much pissed off a lot of people.  He wanted to rebuild and is the only one who is happy about the fire… just “speculation” at this point but awfully suspicious.

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2024 at 8:00 AM, Mag6240 said:

Yeah but two large buildings burning COMPLETELY to the ground within 5 miles of each other??  
Something doesn’t smell right.

Unhappy customer, competitor, disgruntled employee, local pyro ....

Seen it more than once.... Pyro was a member of the Fire 🚒🔥 Department..... He liked the excitement....

Edited by ICG
Spelling

2 hours ago, ICG said:

Unhappy customer, competitor, disgruntled employee, local pyro ....

Seen it more than once.... Pyro was a member of the Fire 🚒🔥 Department..... He liked the excitement....

Graduated with guy that did that!

He would set fires then be first one on scene!!dad was fire chief at one time!!

actual prettty good friends in high school.

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Graduated with guy that did that!

He would set fires then be first one on scene!!dad was fire chief at one time!!

actual prettty good friends in high school.

20 year volunteer FD member here and I am pretty sure we would have a pillow case party for that guy before we turned him in.  If anyone was hurt or killed because of his pyro I hope they threw away the key!!!!!

Unfortunately,  there have been two+  local Junior Fire Fighters that enjoyed the extra action.... Mansions, old factories..... the list went on...

The abuse was hostilities towards the mansion owner.... He was accused of the crime..... Ultimately, they found the junior firefighter had put a couch up against 3rd floor dormer..  While the fire damage was minor, the water damage destroyed three floors.... The water from the third floor ran down the curved stairs like a river . .  .....