Check your account email address ×

First automobile??

32 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

First bike was a Hodaka Wombat. It was pretty tired when I got it but still had a blast.

Friend as kids had an Alsport Steen that had a Hodaka motor and swing arm front suspension.

6d5c74ddc6cba1206926f9b35d0fe522.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ckf said:

Mine was a Honda CT 70.  :ashamed:

A buddy has one sitting in the machine shed that they rode the hell out of as kids, has very little compression lol. 

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

It was known in my house that the kids were not allowed to drive our parents cars.  Get a job. So after stocking produce for a year at Ruggles thrifty grocery @16 I bought a 6 yr old 1980 dodge d150. With a 360 4 barrel. It was a long bed 2wd and was the king of Smokey burnouts in the Cumberland farms parking lot!  It had a bench seat and column shift so there was a lot of room for activities.It was 2 tone maroon and white. Great rig with ram hood ornament!

IMG_9658.jpeg

Edited by Shifty
  • Like 7

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

First bike was a Hodaka Wombat. It was pretty tired when I got it but still had a blast.

Wasn’t my first, but I had a Hodaka Dirt Squirt back in the day. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shifty said:

It was known in my house that the kids were not allowed to drive our parents cars.  Get a job. So after stocking produce for a year at Ruggles thrifty grocery @16 I bought a 6 yr old 1980 dodge d150. With a 360 4 barrel. It was a long bed 2wd and was the king of Smokey burnouts in the Cumberland farms parking lot!  It had a bench seat and column shift so there was a lot of room for activities.It was 2 tone maroon and white. Great rig with ram hood ornament!

IMG_9658.jpeg

my nova with the 230 would not spin the tires. we would leave school, guy in the car behind me would jump out and lift my quarter while i power braked. get that bias ply dunlop 70 smokin' , then it was on. my buddy had a mercury comet , 302 with a 3 on the tree. that was the king of burnout. robin egg blue 4 door. smoked many cars , and the look when a robin egg blue 4 door comet beats you. i later put a 250  in my nova and it burned all kinds of rubber. cumbys around here are small. donuts with that truck is badass

Edited by sleepybrew

and we never drove our parents vehicles. we had a yard of chevelles, nova, pontiacs, impalas , mostly ss big blocks. as he sold them off the last one was a 70 nova ss. red and black, rally wheels, 350  . i pleaded with him , please sell me that car . he never answered but one day said " i'll have to bury you in it" . he was probably right , but that was 100% my mother telling him not to sell it to me. 

like this

1970 Chevrolet Nova SS for sale at Chattanooga 2022 as S196 - Mecum Auctions

Edited by sleepybrew
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, nascarmike said:

My first, and I still have it. I got the the original sales reciept also from my grandpa.

Climber1.jpg

Climber2.JPG

my neighbor had one of those with a 2 stroke , i think 125. thing ripped. his girlfriend wanted to try it, flat on her back in an instant

4 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

My first bike was a 1989 KLR 650 that I bought in 2019

20190613_210408.jpg

Nice! Did you get it sorted out or am I thinking about someone else?  :dunno:

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

My first bike was a 1989 KLR 650 that I bought in 2019

20190613_210408.jpg

Cant kill those things.

I kinda want to get another one to just bomb around town and hit the gravel roads. My KTM is too much a dirtbike. 

27 minutes ago, ckf said:

Nice! Did you get it sorted out or am I thinking about someone else?  :dunno:

No, that was me. It got sorted out when I was on my first trip out of town and about an hour into the ride a gear on the right side of the case decided to loose a couple of teeth and fuck up a lot of shit so I replaced it with a 2005 KLR with 10,000 miles for less money than I had into that KLR with 55,000 miles lmao.

26 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Cant kill those things.

I kinda want to get another one to just bomb around town and hit the gravel roads. My KTM is too much a dirtbike. 

See above lol.

I have wanted to upgrade for a couple of years but it doesn't make sense money wise just for a but more power.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

No, that was me. It got sorted out when I was on my first trip out of town and about an hour into the ride a gear on the right side of the case decided to loose a couple of teeth and fuck up a lot of shit so I replaced it with a 2005 KLR with 10,000 miles for less money than I had into that KLR with 55,000 miles lmao.

See above lol.

I have wanted to upgrade for a couple of years but it doesn't make sense money wise just for a but more power.

Yeah 55k holy shit ! 

2005 is what I had also . 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 6:55 AM, sleepybrew said:

hey that 2.3 engine stood the test of time

2.0 but she ran great. The rest of the car was a rust bucket with wheels. Ran her for 2 years with no issues.