Check your account email address ×

Pay up Abbot

The Adams administration filed a lawsuit Thursday against 17 bus companies for allegedly transporting tens of thousands of migrants to New York City, claiming the companies were carrying out Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s “evil intention” of shifting the costs of the migrants’ care to sanctuary cities under a state-funded transport program he launched in 2022.

The city is seeking to recoup $708 million in migrant costs incurred over the last two years.

The lawsuit is based on a New York state social services law that states “[a]ny person who knowingly brings, or causes to be brought a needy person from out of state into this state for the purpose of making him a public charge … shall be obligated to convey such person out of state or support him at his own expense.” A public charge is someone deemed to be likely to primarily rely on government benefits and, in immigration cases, may be denied lawful entry into the country or legal residence on that basis.

• Haha 1

Sue the bus companys? :lol:

Fucking crooked lawyers and their liberal counterparts.

How about suing the  Biden administration for allowing the needy illegal persons for being on U.S. soil in the first place?  In fact, don't waste tax payer's $ suing 'em, just take 'em out back and hang 'em from every healthy tree limb a body can find that's at least 10' off the ground.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Well then according to ny state law , the federal government should be held accountable not the bus companies. 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If states wanted to advocate for illegal immigration then they should bare the costs. Getting what you vote for is literal instant karma 

Can’t say you’re wrong but you had to see this coming. What’s the saying? Fuck around and find out? It’s all a game to these hack politicians anyway.

1 minute ago, Shifty said:

Well then according to ny state law , the federal government should be held accountable not the bus companies. 

How so? Seems like it would be on Texas to pay for their own immigration problems to me. States rights and all ya know?

14 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Sanctuary City is now big mads!

Adams is just playing the political game to save his constituents money and keep them happy. Like I said, you had to see this coming.

If you want to really ruin a country, bring in millions of people that don't have the same values, patriotism or ethics that the current citizenry have.  That is what the current liberals want to do, ruin this country as well as other countries.  Don't be fooled, its not fucking politics, it's plain destruction and destabilization tactics.  Prove different and maybe we can have a discussion.  Abbott is proving the hypocrisy of these "sanctuary cities" and in doing so, he is showing what will happen to this country on a smaller scale. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

"Evil Intentions" in quotes from the article what bunch of horse chips that is. 

Well he is playing a disingenuous political game so I’d say his intentions are certainly less than pure. Evil is definitely hyperbole though.

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

How much longer are we going to let this go on?  Close the Border now 

Up the quotas now. Give the brown people a path.

Let me get this straight.  So democrats who never will admit that illegal immigrants are draining the system, now admit that these people actually are primarily relying on government to pay their way?  So I guess that solves that question, illegal immigrants are actually living off taxpayer money.

1 hour ago, Wildboer said:

Can’t say you’re wrong but you had to see this coming. What’s the saying? Fuck around and find out? It’s all a game to these hack politicians anyway.

How so? Seems like it would be on Texas to pay for their own immigration problems to me. States rights and all ya know?

That may hold some validity if the current admin wasn’t suing them and interfering at every step as they try and secure their own border. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Well he is playing a disingenuous political game so I’d say his intentions are certainly less than pure. Evil is definitely hyperbole though.

Up the quotas now. Give the brown people a path.

You live under two misperceptions. First of anyone is playing a disingenuous game it is Biden. Second you are under the impression that the border is just being invaded by south Americans when in truth we are seeing border crossings by over a hundred countries including China and Russia. Closing the Border is about security not race.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That may hold some validity if the current admin wasn’t suing them and interfering at every step as they try and secure their own border. 

Biden sucks but drowning people with floating barriers is a joke any, it’s all a fucking game to these guys.

6 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

You live under two misperceptions. First of anyone is playing a disingenuous game it is Biden. Second you are under the impression that the border is just being invaded by south Americans when in truth we are seeing border crossings by over a hundred countries including China and Russia. Closing the Border is about security not race.

Chinese and Russians :lol: now I’ve heard it all. Please tell me what rathole source you found that one down.

Just take the fed immigration tax dollars from Texas and give it to the northern states he’s shipping immigrants to.

Texas will start screaming like a little girl.

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

Biden sucks but drowning people with floating barriers is a joke any, it’s all a fucking game to these guys.

Chinese and Russians :lol: now I’ve heard it all. Please tell me what rathole source you found that one down.

Floating fucking barriers? Do you know how many countries on this planet youd just be shot point blank in if you tried to invade their borders? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

Are you kidding? Myorkis testified in front of Congress that more than 100 nations have people coming across our southern border. What crap news sources do you use to miss that little tid bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Just take the fed immigration tax dollars from Texas and give it to the northern states he’s shipping immigrants to.

How about we close the border instead.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wildboer said:

You do realize they ask these illegals where they want to go right and they all chose sanctuary cities/states.  Immediately nullifies that lawsuit. 

Edited by Highmark

It’s laughable that some here thinks it’s Texas’ responsibility to control their own border, and in an attempt to ‘share the wealth’ of low paying job applicants you all cry for, is somehow a bad thing for your precious communities - FFS

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I haven't checked for years, but Texas had always sent way more money to the Federal Government than they received, that was one of their reasons for wanting to secede from the Union, they could easily be self sufficient.