Check your account email address ×

Harley Riders

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a new Street Glide 2018, well new to me! I immediately dropped a Red Shift 468 cam, upgraded oil pump into her which really woke her up. I was at work the other day and a guy said I had same year bike but totaled it out last year. He has a 124c.i. big bore kit he is willing to sell me pretty cheap. Has the jugs, pistons, rings, and all gaskets, along with the upgraded fuel injectors and the heavy duty clutch. I have been doing a ton of reading online and cannot really find any great answers to what I'm looking for. Have any of you done the big bore kit on your bike? When all said and done are you happy with the upgrade? Would you do it again? Is it a noticeable difference in performance? I ride with a lot of people but none of them have done the big bore kit. I have reached out to a company called Fuel moto and S&S Cycles. Both assure me these kits are a great upgrade and if installed correctly and tuned correctly I am not making my motor any less reliable. Both told me your making it more reliable, better jugs, pistons, bike doesn't work as hard. The price he is asking is pretty good (I think). I have been online and priced them out. Thanks to all who have some good feedback for me. Yes the bike will be getting Dyno'ed to make sure its tuned correctly. I am not looking to build a monster here, just want a little pep to get up and go when I want. Still want to jump on my bike and say sure lets ride to Florida (I live in Ohio) or where ever, still want my 1 week summer trip rocking out around 4-5,000 miles........

Fuel Pack 3 Tuner

V&H power duals with V&H High Output slip-ons

High Flow air Filter

(55).jpeg

• Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold Member

Harley baggers like every other harley will never be fast no matter what you throw at the motor.  Just ride it as is cause engine mods won’t make a difference as you will still be slower then a 400cc sport bike.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, SHADOSPRIT said:

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a new Street Glide 2018, well new to me! I immediately dropped a Red Shift 468 cam, upgraded oil pump into her which really woke her up. I was at work the other day and a guy said I had same year bike but totaled it out last year. He has a 124c.i. big bore kit he is willing to sell me pretty cheap. Has the jugs, pistons, rings, and all gaskets, along with the upgraded fuel injectors and the heavy duty clutch. I have been doing a ton of reading online and cannot really find any great answers to what I'm looking for. Have any of you done the big bore kit on your bike? When all said and done are you happy with the upgrade? Would you do it again? Is it a noticeable difference in performance? I ride with a lot of people but none of them have done the big bore kit. I have reached out to a company called Fuel moto and S&S Cycles. Both assure me these kits are a great upgrade and if installed correctly and tuned correctly I am not making my motor any less reliable. Both told me your making it more reliable, better jugs, pistons, bike doesn't work as hard. The price he is asking is pretty good (I think). I have been online and priced them out. Thanks to all who have some good feedback for me. Yes the bike will be getting Dyno'ed to make sure its tuned correctly. I am not looking to build a monster here, just want a little pep to get up and go when I want. Still want to jump on my bike and say sure lets ride to Florida (I live in Ohio) or where ever, still want my 1 week summer trip rocking out around 4-5,000 miles........

Fuel Pack 3 Tuner

High Flow air Filter

(55).jpeg

My Cousin WillyD thanks you.

You bunch of meanies.

I was going to ask how to make my "86 Bronco with the 351, run like a GT-R but I don't think I will now.

Edited by Voodoo
  • Haha 2

• Gold Member
13 hours ago, SHADOSPRIT said:

Fuel Pack 3 Tuner

High Flow air Filter

(55).jpeg

Fuck the Harley haters man . Sweet Bike! 

I know of a couple Guys with 124 builds and they are night and day compared to a stocker with bolt ons. Ive heard if you build them right they can be reliable also. :dunno:

I think if the price is right go for it . Big bore builds are not cheap. 

I have a 117 Road Glide and I got one buddy with a 114 RG with a Cam and his is faster and he prob has 80lbs on me. Big dude lol. Cam alone wakes these up for sure. 

My other Buddy has 117 Diablo and He just did Cam, injectors, intake made 120+Hp forget his exact number but it was decent. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Fuck the Harley haters man . Sweet Bike! 

I know of a couple Guys with 124 builds and they are night and day compared to a stocker with bolt ons. Ive heard if you build them right they can be reliable also. :dunno:

I think if the price is right go for it . Big bore builds are not cheap. 

I have a 117 Road Glide and I got one buddy with a 114 RG with a Cam and his is faster and he prob has 80lbs on me. Big dude lol. Cam alone wakes these up for sure. 

My other Buddy has 117 Diablo and He just did Cam, injectors, intake made 120+Hp forget his exact number but it was decent. 

How many men have you suck started? Like 7 or is it more???

• Gold Member
12 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Harley baggers like every other harley will never be fast no matter what you throw at the motor.  Just ride it as is cause engine mods won’t make a difference as you will still be slower then a 400cc sport bike.

So dumb . Pointless to compare to a sport bike different animal . 

I came off Yamaha R1, R6 , FZ 09 , GSXR 750 and 600. 

Still have just as much fun ripping on a Harley. 

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

How many men have you suck started? Like 7 or is it more???

I am not familiar with that procedure . 

Is that some Midwest faggotry you fruitcakes get into out there? 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

So dumb . Pointless to compare to a sport bike different animal . 

I came off Yamaha R1, R6 , FZ 09 , GSXR 750 and 600. 

Still have just as much fun ripping on a Harley. 

What year GSX750R did you have? I had an 85. 

• Gold Member
Just now, Steve753 said:

What year GSX750R did you have? I had an 85. 

Badass. First year . 

I had a 2014 750 and a 2004 600. 

My buddy still has a 1989 GSXR 1100 that he bought brand new. Blue and White its a time capsule. Still has D&D pipes from early 90s. 

Just now, EvilBird said:

Badass. First year . 

I had a 2014 750 and a 2004 600. 

My buddy still has a 1989 GSXR 1100 that he bought brand new. Blue and White its a time capsule. Still has D&D pipes from early 90s. 

Oh nice. I had the R1000 for one season and then switched to Harley. Less chance of me killing myself if you know what I mean.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
On 12/19/2023 at 9:32 AM, Steve753 said:

Oh nice. I had the R1000 for one season and then switched to Harley. Less chance of me killing myself if you know what I mean.

Yes for sure. I cant ride Sportbikes anymore. Too many close calls ,you cant ride those things slow. I didnt even run a plate on my R1 and would just go out trolling State Troopers. You cant do that shit forever!  :lol:

I kinda wish I had kept my 04 600 . That bike was actually comfortable for a Sportbike and still did 160mph think it was 120hp. And it was Harley colors lol. Rare bike. 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

Yes for sure. I cant ride Sportbikes anymore. Too many close calls ,you cant ride those things slow. I didnt even run a plate on my R1 and would just go out trolling State Troopers. You cant do that shit forever!  :lol:

I kinda wish I had kept my 04 600 . That bike was actually comfortable for a Sportbike and still did 160mph think it was 120hp. And it was Harley colors lol. Rare bike. 

4A2D1065-948F-493C-81C2-BE60E55EA243.jpeg

Ya thats a nice bike for sure. I use to drive my 85 to school. Got it in 11th grade. My dad said he would pay half for my car of choice. I said I dont want a car. He co signed the loan for me though for the bike. Wish i still had that thing just to look at. :lol:

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Wish I still had my BMW R1100r, never should have sold it.  Not the fastest, not the shiniest, but smooth and reliable.  Could take that thing to Alaska if I was up to it.

I looked close at the BMW S1000R . Almost traded my '16 FZ09 in on one before I decided to give up the Sportbikes  

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

I looked close at the BMW S1000R . Almost traded my '16 FZ09 in on one before I decided to give up the Sportbikes  

Thats the inline right?  Mine was old school opposed twin.  

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Thats the inline right?  Mine was old school opposed twin.  

Yeah its the naked version of the SuperSport. 

Then I realized high HP Naked Bikes arent worth it lol. Fuckers are more dangerous IMO , they have the power but not the aero.  My FZ09 after it was tuned was fucking scary on the Highway after 125+mph .

Id rather do 115 on the Road Glide its solid. 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 1