Check your account email address ×

Harley Riders

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

My compromise....grew up on sportbikes, but no way I could go to a bagger. She looks a lot sportier without the top box on. 

20210613_134934.jpg

That's a bagger. :lol:

• Gold Member

Call me weird I like all Motorcycles ! 

I wish I could own one of each type. 

13 minutes ago, toslow said:

This is my new favourite 

Those are cool I rode one in Laconia . I could see myself getting rid of my KTM dual sport and getting something like that instead. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SHADOSPRIT said:

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a new Street Glide 2018, well new to me! I immediately dropped a Red Shift 468 cam, upgraded oil pump into her which really woke her up. I was at work the other day and a guy said I had same year bike but totaled it out last year. He has a 124c.i. big bore kit he is willing to sell me pretty cheap. Has the jugs, pistons, rings, and all gaskets, along with the upgraded fuel injectors and the heavy duty clutch. I have been doing a ton of reading online and cannot really find any great answers to what I'm looking for. Have any of you done the big bore kit on your bike? When all said and done are you happy with the upgrade? Would you do it again? Is it a noticeable difference in performance? I ride with a lot of people but none of them have done the big bore kit. I have reached out to a company called Fuel moto and S&S Cycles. Both assure me these kits are a great upgrade and if installed correctly and tuned correctly I am not making my motor any less reliable. Both told me your making it more reliable, better jugs, pistons, bike doesn't work as hard. The price he is asking is pretty good (I think). I have been online and priced them out. Thanks to all who have some good feedback for me. Yes the bike will be getting Dyno'ed to make sure its tuned correctly. I am not looking to build a monster here, just want a little pep to get up and go when I want. Still want to jump on my bike and say sure lets ride to Florida (I live in Ohio) or where ever, still want my 1 week summer trip rocking out around 4-5,000 miles........

Fuel Pack 3 Tuner

V&H power duals with V&H High Output slip-ons

High Flow air Filter

(55).jpeg

Dont listen to the tards that dont even ride a harley.      i did a 124 BB set up on my 18 SG  27 thousand miles ago,, no reliability issues what so ever/   the roll on power increase is fuckin grrreat /    i can break the rear tire loose banging second with ease.   and ya comparing it to a sport bike is silly.   I went thru Fuel moto myself and theyve been great, right there with tech support any time it was needed.  getting more open air flow is key.  i went with the screemin eagle 55mm intake with 5.5 injectors and with thaT the stock air cleaner,, even opened up didnt have the flow rate really needed for that much suk according to the dyno tech i talked with. 

If you can buy the components at a good price i say jump on them.  i spent over $4600 for the parts alone.     S&S jugs & pistons, fuel moto RACE series tappets, s&s tappet cuffs ( a must on all M8s ),S& s adjustable push rods, star racing compensator, woods 22xe cam, S.E. heavy clutch, power vision tuner and tune, DEcat the cat in the head pipe. 

probably more im not recalling at the moment.     while your in there i recommend removing and testing and or replacing the piston oilers.  they are known to not just flow wide open but some have a shitty seal and leak against the case causing issues.

DO IT  and enjoy it!                                  

IMG_3527.jpg

Edited by old indy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Oh nice. I had the R1000 for one season and then switched to Harley. Less chance of me killing myself if you know what I mean.

Local guy killed himself last Friday on one.  

speed may have been a factor.  
Yeah, probably . 

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, old indy said:

You ever ride a bike ben?         now i know your superior riding and mechanical skillz are not to be questioned hehe but have you ever ridden a tuned Harley?        

I would not survive motorcycle ownership. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Guarantee put you on a newer M8 Bagger with a few brewskis in you and you'll have a shit eating grin after 10 miles . :thumb:

Not my thing , haven’t ridden a street bike since I was a kid. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I would not survive motorcycle ownership. 

:roflcrying:         A good way to be with ones self            honest :bc:             

Even at my age the thrill of man handling 1000 pounds, hurling down a winding road, laying it over scrapping  running boards is pretty spectacular   lol ,   WHY??   i know i just pushed an anvil further than i ever should have        :lmao:  

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, old indy said:

:roflcrying:         A good way to be with ones self            honest :bc:             

Even at my age the thrill of man handling 1000 pounds, hurling down a winding road, laying it over scrapping  running boards is pretty spectacular   lol ,   WHY??   i know i just pushed an anvil further than i ever should have        :lmao:  

It's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden stop!

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

It's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden stop!

yup    over 1000 pounds with me on it and you can tell in a real hurry it dont want to stop,   sorta feels like a freight train being pushed by many cars.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, old indy said:

yup    over 1000 pounds with me on it and you can tell in a real hurry it dont want to stop,   sorta feels like a freight train being pushed by many cars.

See I thought the weight was gonna be hard to get use to coming off 400lb sportbikes but I dont even notice it anymore . Feels lighter than I imagined it would.