Check your account email address ×

Invited for rides who's not invited

23 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Drunks and slow riders that hold everyone else up

Agree on both ... although I will say, I don't mind waiting a short while at stop sign or intersections for someone to ride within their ability vs. them trying to push it by keeping up.  We had a guy join us for a trip last year, and he was in the rhubarb every day trying to keep pace with our lead group. 

• Like 4

What you have to do to ride with my group and I: act like a civilized human that has been out in public before.

What you have to do to be uninvited to ride: ride with no respect and be a general jagoff.  Loud sleds, trespassing, can't hold their line on a trail, etc.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, Bontz said:

Agree on both ... although I will say, I don't mind waiting a short while at stop sign or intersections for someone to ride within their ability vs. them trying to push it by keeping up.  We had a guy join us for a trip last year, and he was in the rhubarb every day trying to keep pace with our lead group. 

Same don’t mind a quick wait and check at intersections. I was more talking waiting so long you gotta turn the sled off take the helmet off and wonder wtf did they crash. I’m not talking out with the family either fine with going slow then this is like guy trip stuff I’m talking about.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member

The guy who is never ready to ride.

I got a buddy who always would say " ride over to my place, I'll be ready when you get here." You show up and he says "I just got to throw a couple bolts on and I'll be good. 5 more minutes."  ....lol

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 1

1 - sled is a pos

2-drinkers, as in more than a beer or 2 at lunch

3-cig smokers. stop for 2 seconds and they have one lit. i used to leave them 

4-sleds that are illegal as in no reg, loud . i don't need to stop for the cops . good stickers they wave you on

5-my biggest one, those who can't be on time or forget all their shit. i used to tell these fools. go home, get your shit ready, double check. go to bed, not the bar flapping about how you are going riding. that's how we end up with non maintained sleds ridden by unprepared riders jumping on. plus late from being out all night

6- those not ready. when we hit the parking lot we are gone in a few minutes. sleds warm while we get dressed and that's it. our gas is full , oil is full, sled clean and looked over. same with the ride there. truck hooked up and full the night before. turn key, straight shot aside from a stop for to-go breakfast. kills me to see these guys get there and start filling the oil , adding gas, looking at shit, finding shit , tinkering, kicking last weeks ice out from under the sled, etc. 

it's a short season, i no longer deal with that crowd. i ride with 1 other person regularly, and a couple rock solid guys that jump in a few times a year. 

the bar scenario happened in this video with the rev. he jumps on the with the other ski doo guy. beat unmaintained sled. carb boots were shot, hanging idle. i didn't even know the guy but i told him he should be looking . he didn't. then it's blowing up, and the rope rips out. now pulling on the clutch. it finally ran , i told him not to shut it off. we get to the end of the railbed by north south rd, and he shuts it off. never started again, got towed by the venture 500. that was another that jumped on. i saw that 500 , he was like it does 70. yeah with a tailwind downhill on glare ice. we waited all day for him, but he had the tow truck we needed.

jump towards the end

My favorite.. The guys that refuse to slow down at all when other sleds are approaching.. Like wow im impressed you did 80-90 past me.. I wish i had a baseball bat at times.. My other personal favorite the guys who will not slow down when riders are PARKED on the side of trail.. They get to you and hammer it or don't slow down.. I get it you should stop at stop signs for breaks, but times when thats not possible

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

My favorite.. The guys that refuse to slow down at all when other sleds are approaching.. Like wow im impressed you did 80-90 past me.. I wish i had a baseball bat at times.. My other personal favorite the guys who will not slow down when riders are PARKED on the side of trail.. They get to you and hammer it or don't slow down.. I get it you should stop at stop signs for breaks, but times when thats not possible

i like to stop on a big straight at the hill and watch them go by. we are way off trail and we cheer em on. coming at me especially in dust or poor conditions without lifting is not cool . see it all the time. we crank , but i chill with oncoming sleds

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

i like to stop on a big straight at the hill and watch them go by. we are way off trail and we cheer em on. coming at me especially in dust or poor conditions without lifting is not cool . see it all the time. we crank , but i chill with oncoming sleds

Top it off with " trail friendly cans" that slow the sleds down with backpacks and a shovel.

1 minute ago, Doug said:

Top it off with " trail friendly cans" that slow the sleds down with backpacks and a shovel.

we stopped on culpepper rd, sick trail and folks crank on it. it has a couple whoops that can send you. we ride fast but short of maniacs. after a while there you see them all. and hear them loud shits coming. last time one dude riding solo blew by , caught some air , and was gone. he da man that day 

• 3 weeks later...

Another uninvited. 

The guy that won't joint any club, has never marked one mile of trail, won't buy a trail pass and then complain when we hit one section that wasn't groomed because the clubs groomer was broke down.  Rode with him Thursday no invite for Friday.

• Like 1

Guys that show up with unrepaired sleds and they know it.

Back in the mid-90s, we had two tag along guys that wanted to ride with us, one guy I worked with, the other was his friend. We took a trail break and seen the hood was up his sled, I walked back to see what was up.

He had a can of WD-40 and was spraying it on the chain and sprockets, no chaincase cover, in his defense and cover wouldn't of done any good with a big piece of the chain case missing.

He made it to the next town, and I had to tell him you can't continue on with us.