Check your account email address ×

What’s up with BRP stock?

Rod

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

24k for a sled is why.

But the economy is rockin and people are making so much more money according your idol.  :lmao:

• Haha 6

Any high dollar recreational products with the current interest rates.  Snowmobile club member works at Mercury Marine and they have cut their production numbers as they see a big slow down.

1 hour ago, Doorider said:

:dunno:

Screenshot_20231130-152717_Google.jpg

Minneapolis, MN (November 12, 2013) – Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) today announced that it has purchased all of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.’s (“FHI”) 3.96 million shares of Polaris’ common stock for a purchase price of $497.5 million, thereby reducing its outstanding share count by approximately six percent. Polaris funded this purchase with a combination of cash on hand and $250 million of borrowings under the Company’s revolving credit facility.

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

But the economy is rockin and people are making so much more money according your idol.  :lmao:

At 24 k even wealthy people are looking to other outdoor activities. Horrible investment but yeah you would make it Thurston Howell.

1 hour ago, Rod said:

I think a 24 cat 800 RR is around 10 grand more than my 2020 was and it’s the same sled 

Local dealer has full line of Polaris, BRP, CF moto, etc., and a shit ton of inventory.  I drive by it every day, and I see the same 10-15 BRP pontoon boats all wrapped just sitting there, along with at least 100 crates of all kinds of other shit.  I honestly don't see how that works as a business model.  But the local camp trailer/motorhome dealer, same story.  These people pay cash for all this inventory that is sitting there depreciating?

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

At 24 k even wealthy people are looking to other outdoor activities. Horrible investment but yeah you would make it Thurston Howell.

What $30k SXS's? $150k Boats? 

Everything is up Genius, and wealthy people will buy toys no matter what . That Guy isnt giving up poweraports to go hiking instead. 

Reality is it keeps the middle Class Blue worker Guy having to buy used shit or not get in the sport at all. 

Keep making excuses for inflation . Meanwhile Joe Biden just forgave student loans on the backs of hard working Americans and you applauded it like the stooge you are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Local dealer has full line of Polaris, BRP, CF moto, etc., and a shit ton of inventory.  I drive by it every day, and I see the same 10-15 BRP pontoon boats all wrapped just sitting there, along with at least 100 crates of all kinds of other shit.  I honestly don't see how that works as a business model.  But the local camp trailer/motorhome dealer, same story.  These people pay cash for all this inventory that is sitting there depreciating?

Well most dealers have floor plan thru banks. Its even worse you dont sell shit after 6 months or so you start losing money everyday just from the interest . 

Just now, EvilBird said:

Well most dealers have floor plan thru banks. Its even worse you dont sell shit after 6 months or so you start losing money everyday just from the interest . 

You've been to Scrantons, I just can't believe how much inventory those guys are carrying.  Same with Lee's.  I'd hate to be caught with my pants down.  Crazy too because consumer discretionary took off during covid and now, what reality has set in?  :lol: 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You've been to Scrantons, I just can't believe how much inventory those guys are carrying.  Same with Lee's.  I'd hate to be caught with my pants down.  Crazy too because consumer discretionary took off during covid and now, what reality has set in?  :lol: 

Yeah I know Phil pretty good. They got deep pockets and it shows . I think he gets away with the amount of inventory because he will literally sell anywhere . They move product. Just hope the gravy train doesnt end because ive seen that firsthand .  

34 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

What $30k SXS's? $150k Boats? 

Everything is up Genius, and wealthy people will buy toys no matter what . That Guy isnt giving up poweraports to go hiking instead. 

Reality is it keeps the middle Class Blue worker Guy having to buy used shit or not get in the sport at all. 

Keep making excuses for inflation . Meanwhile Joe Biden just forgave student loans on the backs of hard working Americans and you applauded it like the stooge you are. 

Relax scooby doo

6 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Yeah I know Phil pretty good. They got deep pockets and it shows . I think he gets away with the amount of inventory because he will literally sell anywhere . They move product. Just hope the gravy train doesnt end because ive seen that firsthand .  

Did you know he and Meg moved to Colorado?!  I really don't get how that works, but have heard some stories, I think its a really tough environment right now, with autos too.  Tom S and son Matt are boat neighbors down in Mystic.  They do have a NFG attitude though.  :lol: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

1y3omr.jpg

how quickly we've forgotten the gotta have it covid spending spree where sales were through the roof, credit didn't matter and adm or paying full retail was awesome.  I'll shed zero tears for anyone.

couple years ago beyond that there were rebates, golden tickets and only suckers paid full price.

IDK what it is some of you want tbh... It's like many of you have severe ADD

this was at a local high volume Polaris dealer last week... 

IMG_20231124_160315812_HDR.jpg

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Dealers floor plan gets expensive.....  comments from dealer management....hard or impossible selling $40K toys at 8% interest....Seeing a glut of unsold  pontoon boats, campers( scary amounts) when traveling  .  . 

Cheap stuff is selling....

The economy has slowed down tona snails pace.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Highmark said:

Fuckin right, I’m making 50% more actually. 

giphy[1].gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rod said:

I think a 24 cat 800 RR is around 10 grand more than my 2020 was and it’s the same sled 

And then Textron proposes a bunch of layoffs.  What a fucking surprise.  Their savior is a me too offering in a wives engine size only.  Some seriously fucked management there.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
12 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Did you know he and Meg moved to Colorado?!  I really don't get how that works, but have heard some stories, I think its a really tough environment right now, with autos too.  Tom S and son Matt are boat neighbors down in Mystic.  They do have a NFG attitude though.  :lol: 

Yeah and hes got a place on Congamond now.  I asked Him how that works myself he just shrugged it off. :dunno:Affluent lifestyle I guess, I'm not on that level  .  :lol:

Edited by EvilBird