Check your account email address ×

Arctic cat in trouble??

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

Because it was not qualified. You know this I assume. Well you, being the biggest non racing, racer.

Because it didn't qualify as a stock snowmobile. It didn't have to meet stock engine specs, suspension specs, drive specs, material specs, all it did was look like a future released machine. There was nothing on that machine that qualified as stock.

7 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

A 2017 Cat former snox sled was leading the Catalyst.

Impossible.  Cat's never break.

7 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

How? Only makes the other brands more questionable. Wiring? 

Your timing of posting this after the above is as brilliant as Jimwit can be .

6 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

It is the same fucking sled that I bought. Not modified. Talk about dense. 

More brilliance.  Lots of changes from the prototype or you'd be super pissed when yours arrives.  Wake up.  Not stock.

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

do you have any idea how many parts he's broken and subsequent dnfs herf has had over the years on a Procross? 

many...  9_9

Remember the years when Herf kept “blowing belts” in the open class that resulted in DNFs? I wonder if that was a result of testing the unblowable, nuke proof catalyst belt drive belt

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

What about the first race where catalyst went 2 for 2 on DNFs

I think both of them derailed tracks.  

Several of my friends said that course was the most scared they had been on a sled.  Just survive and move on to the next race.

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I think both of them derailed tracks.  

Several of my friends said that course was the most scared they had been on a sled.  Just survive and move on to the next race.

Didn’t one of them come back to the pits in a wheelbarrow? I do remember that only like 4 sleds finished that race.

15 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

A stock class sled needs to meet a minimum build quantity.  It used to be 400 or 500, a while back it was 200, then 150, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was down to 100 now.

Months ago I was looking for info on minimum build quantity. I couldn’t find it anywhere. I’d be interested to see what it’s dropped down to. I’m pretty certain 500 units was back in the late 90’s at the peak.

8 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Remember the years when Herf kept “blowing belts” in the open class that resulted in DNFs? I wonder if that was a result of testing the unblowable, nuke proof catalyst belt drive belt

Racers have never blown a belt drive. The belt used in the belt drive will out live you and your children’s, children. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

Months ago I was looking for info on minimum build quantity. I couldn’t find it anywhere. I’d be interested to see what it’s dropped down to. I’m pretty certain 500 units was back in the late 90’s at the peak.

The minimum build thing doesn’t matter. Cat cut a deal with the gods of racing not meet it for anything. Last year they had one sled in the pro class for snocross. I am going to bet after this year they start cutting race support to the xc side big time if they haven’t already. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

The minimum build thing doesn’t matter. Cat cut a deal with the gods of racing not meet it for anything. Last year they had one sled in the pro class for snocross. I am going to bet after this year they start cutting race support to the xc side big time if they haven’t already. 

Makes one wonder just how long snowmobile racing will be a viable sport when you predominantly have just Polaris and Doo racing each other? 

The catalyst had to be production, jimwit said it was.  It also met the production number because jimwit said they were going to do a production run of them in Feb.

jimwit never lies

Edited by krom

2 hours ago, AK440 said:

I know in 2022, or am fairly certain at least, min build for stock classes was 150.

I'd guess it is still 150 or maybe dropped down to 125 or 100.

One person was saying they only built 50 2022 Cat RXC's, which does not sound right, but maybe?

Sir Fortune may know?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I know in 2022, or am fairly certain at least, min build for stock classes was 150.

One person was saying they only built 50 2022 Cat RXC's, which does not sound right, but maybe?

Sir Fortune may know?

That was probably sx numbers. I doubt the minimum is very high for xc now days. You don’t see the Polaris or skidoo version of the rxc for sale much but you see rxc everywhere at the end of the season. If they had a decent minimum you would see the competition speced sleds all over from the other 2 especially in Minnesota and Wisconsin but you don’t. 

Edited by Not greg b

5 hours ago, Not greg b said:

That was probably sx numbers. I doubt the minimum is very high for xc now days. You don’t see the Polaris or skidoo version of the rxc for sale much but you see rxc everywhere at the end of the season. If they had a decent minimum you would see the competition speced sleds all over from the other 2 especially in Minnesota and Wisconsin but you don’t. 

More Polaris and Doo XC sleds get sent to AK and Canada and probably out East too for racing.

There is some pretty big XC races in Quebec that you never here about down here, and up there it is all Polaris and Doos.

Edited by racinfarmer

17 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

More Polaris and Doo XC sleds get sent to AK and Canada and probably out East too for racing.

There is some pretty big XC races in Quebec that you never here about down here, and up there it is all Polaris and Doos.

I didn’t think Canada allowed any ska doo  other than a mx zed for racing there  

13 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Sir Fortune may know?

@fortune46x 

On 12/2/2023 at 11:24 PM, ZR6000RR said:

It is the same fucking sled that I bought. Not modified. Talk about dense. 

its the same chassis you bought , But it was no where near production.

13 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Racers have never blown a belt drive. The belt used in the belt drive will out live you and your children’s, children. 

from a former AC high performance engineer, and racer's mouth - if you land on the throttle with the belt drive it will pop the belt

13 hours ago, AK440 said:

Makes one wonder just how long snowmobile racing will be a viable sport when you predominantly have just Polaris and Doo racing each other? 

snowmobiling as a whole is shrinking rapidly. The only honest viable sector of it is mtn riding as they are the only ones with guaranteed snow.

13 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Sir Fortune may know?

Pre covid it was 120 , not sure where its at today as there were a ton of concessions made for the brands during that time. Cats XC program got hosed this year due to allowing non es models to the consumer making for drastically reduced numbers to its race program.

7 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Thats one thing that blew my mind was how many xc events around the quebec area that have ZERO advertisement or news reported on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fortune46x said:

its the same chassis you bought , But it was no where near production.

from a former AC high performance engineer, and racer's mouth - if you land on the throttle with the belt drive it will pop the belt

snowmobiling as a whole is shrinking rapidly. The only honest viable sector of it is mtn riding as they are the only ones with guaranteed snow.

Pre covid it was 120 , not sure where its at today as there were a ton of concessions made for the brands during that time. Cats XC program got hosed this year due to allowing non es models to the consumer making for drastically reduced numbers to its race program.

Thats one thing that blew my mind was how many xc events around the quebec area that have ZERO advertisement or news reported on it.

Which makes perfect sense due to the large number of Quebec racers in the Amsoil series. Tim Tremblay et all had to get some experience somewhere.

22 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Which makes perfect sense due to the large number of Quebec racers in the Amsoil series. Tim Tremblay et all had to get some experience somewhere.

whats even more interesting to me is how different European snocross is which is more like an enduro- terrain race and their focus coming over here is snocross vs terrain racing. 

7 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

whats even more interesting to me is how different European snocross is which is more like an enduro- terrain race and their focus coming over here is snocross vs terrain racing. 

$$$$$