Check your account email address ×

Arctic cat in trouble??

In 2012 it was dreadful. In 2013 til ???? it was decent sled but over time became more and more irrelevant in the sled market. My 2017 Roger Skime was an amazing sled. But I bought several Procross sleds over the years, and it no longer made sense to keep buying the same damn sled for significantly more money. 

It was relevant for a while, and then completely eclipsed by the other manufacturers. The Axys alone was a huge leapfrog over the Procross.....

• Like 1

Just now, Ziemann said:

In 2012 it was dreadful. In 2013 til ???? it was decent sled but over time became more and more irrelevant in the sled market. My 2017 Roger Skime was an amazing sled. But I bought several Procross sleds over the years, and it no longer made sense to keep buying the same damn sled for significantly more money. 

It was relevant for a while, and then completely eclipsed by the other manufacturers. The Axys alone was a huge leapfrog over the Procross.....

Opinions are like ass holes.

6 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

It was released a year or two too early and kept around too long.  

The Catalyst was in development when the Big T took over Cat and put a pause on it.

They have treated me well and I have enjoyed them, but a dozen years is enough.  

Bring on the Catalyst or another brand.  

• Like 3

Just now, racinfarmer said:

The Catalyst was in development when the Big T took over Cat and put a pause on it.

He's a

386780736_290272137102938_8158727643132667417_n.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The axys was 100000x the chassis any procross was. The g4 is much better as well. I’m a cat fan since I was a little kid but they dropped the ball huge 

Opinions are like ass holes. Check the cross country race results. 

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I agree 100%. There reaches a point where you have to make a decision: Keep buying the same damn thing for a much higher price? Or Move on. I chose to move on. The Catalyst is a good start, but will it really make much difference in marketshare? I think more than anything, it will stop the bleeding for Cat......

I will 100% re-evaluate and look at the Catalyst after the bugs get worked out. I'll likely wait to see if the 858 is a success or a failure. But I have to say that it is going to be tough to pull me back as a customer. My VR-1 has been a great sled. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

I agree 100%. There reaches a point where you have to make a decision: Keep buying the same damn thing for a much higher price? Or Move on. I chose to move on. The Catalyst is a good start, but will it really make much difference in marketshare? I think more than anything, it will stop the bleeding for Cat......

I will 100% re-evaluate and look at the Catalyst after the bugs get worked out. I'll likely wait to see if the 858 is a success or a failure. But I have to say that it is going to be tough to pull me back as a customer. My VR-1 has been a great sled. 

And all the stop rides, shitty headlights and constantly getting beat on the track by a very old Pro Cross chassis. Sucks to be Cat I guess.