Check your account email address ×

What will you be doing at 80 years old?

i'll hopefully still be cranking. i mountain bike with a guy in his 80s. still riding wheelies, jumping, and all out ripping. he can climb almost as good as the rest. best part is when he smokes a bowl at the top of the mountain. this guy is my fucking idol!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Probably be dead.

You probably will, the way you eat.  :lol: A couple of my uncles still snowmobiled into their 80s.  One still crew chiefs for his son asphalt racing team at 86 yrs old.  I'll either still be riding, or join a pickleball league in Boca!

41 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You probably will, the way you eat.  :lol: A couple of my uncles still snowmobiled into their 80s.  One still crew chiefs for his son asphalt racing team at 86 yrs old.  I'll either still be riding, or join a pickleball league in Boca!

Will you still be doing what you love, working? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
33 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It's not working if you love it.

12 minutes ago, HSR said:

That's why I asked :thumbsup:

Nuttin' slips by you eh?

People who have no life outside of work say that.

:bc:

48 minutes ago, HSR said:

Will you still be doing what you love, working? 

What you call work is probably not the same as what I call work, which is come and go as I please, and take as much time off as I want.  i enjoy making money and helping people.  I know you laugh, but its true.  Besides, I'm not even full retirement age yet.  My wife is 11 years younger than me, and makes 6 figs herself, also loves her job, so we're trying to sort of coordinate things.  Probably a few more years I'll pull the plug, hand over the keys to my practice and get a nice fat payout.  You forget that I help people plan for retirement, including my own. :bc: 

37 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It's not working if you love it.

Guys who have to report to others, punch a clock, do physical labor, or who have never been self employed seem to have a hard time grasping that, and the freedom it gives you.

Edited by DriftBusta

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

What you call work is probably not the same as what I call work, which is come and go as I please, and take as much time off as I want.  i enjoy making money and helping people.  I know you laugh, but its true.  Besides, I'm not even full retirement age yet.  My wife is 11 years younger than me, and makes 6 figs herself, also loves her job, so we're trying to sort of coordinate things.  Probably a few more years I'll pull the plug, hand over the keys to my practice and get a nice fat payout.  You forget that I help people plan for retirement, including my own. :bc: 

Guys who have to report to others, punch a clock, do physical labor, or who have never been self employed seem to have a hard time grasping that, and the freedom it gives you.

Lots of excuses why you "have" to work still.