Check your account email address ×

Where Did The San Francisco Homeless Go?

It is always the Dems pulling this crap. I remember when the DNC had their convention in Boston for John Kerry. They tore down the entire elevated highway just so they could have a good photo op. No concern for the people who would be stuck in traffic for months on end .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I remember years ago when Bush came flapping into town for an event. 

One stretch of highway I drove every day was to be used for their drive to and from the airport for the event.  They sure did clean up that stretch.  The tents were removed from under the overpasses, graffiti was removed, and the whole roadside was tuned up.  They planted trees, grass and flowers.  The mowing crew switched to better equipment and did a really nice looking roadside. 

It seemed like quite the effort along that road for a simple drive.  The work I saw took quite a few weeks.  I'd be surprised if Bush caught more than a quick glance.

Ironically, the initial trash cleaning looked like those prison van crews.  I'm not sure if they caught the irony.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
15 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

It is always the Dems pulling this crap. I remember when the DNC had their convention in Boston for John Kerry. They tore down the entire elevated highway just so they could have a good photo op. No concern for the people who would be stuck in traffic for months on end .

Nonsense! The Big Dig was a cost effective and corruption free use of taxpayer money!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Nonsense! The Big Dig was a cost effective and corruption free use of taxpayer money!!

My favorite story is when the junior senator from Mass (Ted Kennedy) went on the Senate floor and said that the big dig would cost 1 billion dollars.  Tip ONeil got wind of this and told Ted had to go back on the floor and give a more accurate cost for the spending bill to pass, so he did and this time he told the chamber 2 billion.  Last I heard it was above 14 billion.

On 11/12/2023 at 9:53 AM, F3600 said:

Imagine that, the funds were there all the time, just a little shuffling.  

I guess their image and the security of their dictator friends is more important than serving the people of that town. Shameful.

• Like 1