Check your account email address ×

Truck Tires

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

X2. I'm on my second set. Way less money than the KO2's. Just as good in the back country. 

my buddy was stuck on ko2s . i sold him some grabber atxs and he was thrilled. a lot cheaper as well

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Just looked them up on tire rack to see what they look like and it says discontinued/limited to stock on hand. Not sure if that's just for my size or what. 

The original duratracs are discontinued, they have a new druatrac rt now. Neither Tire rack or discount tire have the new ones yet. I bought mine from the local goodyear dealer. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
41 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Cooper Discovery at3’s have been good to me on my daily driver 

I put those on my previous truck…the current set of Coopers are 275/60/20 and the local Jeep/Ram Dealer was running a special of buy 3 and get the 4th tire for a buck. All said and done it was 1178.00 OTD.

7 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

check out the hankooks. 

They look like a good tire as well. Tire rack price is about the same between them and duratracs.

2 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

The original duratracs are discontinued, they have a new druatrac rt now. Neither Tire rack or discount tire have the new ones yet. I bought mine from the local goodyear dealer. 

Ok, was wondering if they went to a newer model. They do list my size in stock and the price doesn't seem terrible. 

28 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Get on Tire Rack and read their track test results.  They test in all conditions and compare tires in groups of 3-4.  If you’re looking for good winter tires you can search by triple peaks and compare.  If the selection is not what you’re looking for you can look at snow, wet, and ice traction by tire.  

I’m running Michelin Cross Climate’s on both my AWD vehicles.  Not trucks but gives you an idea.  I start by searching for triple peaks and go from there.   

Yep…the triple peak symbol is a must around here and I agree that Tire Rack is an excellent resource for comparison purposes.👊🏻
Also I went with these Coopers because they are made in Texarkana and Findlay Ohio.🇺🇸

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

6 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

my buddy was stuck on ko2s . i sold him some grabber atxs and he was thrilled. a lot cheaper as well

I've got the AT2 Extreme E range. They change the sidewall from their first addition. Beefier. 

8 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

They look like a good tire as well. Tire rack price is about the same between them and duratracs.

Ok, was wondering if they went to a newer model. They do list my size in stock and the price doesn't seem terrible. 

They're a great tire. I tow for a living and most of my work is during the winter. I've run them all through the midwest, west, and upto the yukon with no issues and never had to use chains. I got about 80k miles on my last set but that's a dually so srw probably won't last that long

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I put those on my previous truck…the current set of Coopers are 275/60/20 and the local Jeep/Ram Dealer was running a special of buy 3 and get the 4th tire for a buck. All said and done it was 1178.00 OTD.

I'm due for a new set and will likely get them again. Just have to tell myself to rotate them more often or at least the recommended amount  lol

• Like 1

Perfect timing for this thread! I'm about 50k in on a set of Ko2s and they've been excellent up until now. Great in the snow, noisy but not horrible, rotate them about every 5k and still have good tread left even at 50k. However, they absolutely suck ass in rainy conditions now. Got them on a GMC 1/2 with a 6.2 and all I do is fishtail when it's wet out. Looking at Falken AT3s, General Grabbers, Duratrac RTs, not sure yet, but need to do something this fall. The Ko2s have been REALLY nice to have in some seriously horrible conditions so I want to stick with something more aggressive.

Toyo Open Country II or III.   Good traction and unbeatable durability.   I've had 3 sets all which have went over 50k on my Duramx's.   Hard on tire miles including lots ot towing and greavel roads.   Rotate every 5k and they last forever.  Diesels wear tires quick because of the weight and torque.  I could see them going 75k on half tons.

Edited by Highmark

12 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

I'm looking at putting tires on my F-150 before winter and wondering what specific brands have been good for everyone since its been awhile since i tire shopped. Prefer something good in snow and occasionally mud. It has michelens currently that are just ok.

Michelin LTX MS/2 is the best all around tire made.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

32 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Michelin LTX M/S is the best all around tire made.

Thats what my dually came with. Absolute garbage tire in snow or mud. 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

disagree, it's a very capable tire.  

My last 4 new trucks came with them. I dont even list them on marketplace anymore. Cant give them away. :lol:

49 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Michelin LTX M/S is the best all around tire made.

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Those aren't the tires. Those are M/S2

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Canadian Tire here used to do a sale like that about every 6 weeks before covid. I bought a set of Duratrac's for around $1200 for the set 4 years ago. Now those same tires are $600/each and the sale is $200 off a purchase of 4.

I now buy deals and don't worry about brand. Bought a couple sets a chinese tires in the last year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I bet you believe a big lug type tire is best for steering and stopping while on snow and ice... 

:news:

I bet you I’ve owned and bought more tires in my 43 years and have more experience than you ever will. Dumbass fucking faggot

• Haha 1