Check your account email address ×

Site Rules

ckf

Just now, Mainecat said:

Zero tolerance. Just ban them period.

Honestly MC, I think that the next infraction would have resulted in a permanent ban. I'd rather that not happen if it can be helped.

• Like 1

This is what you get with an unmoderated forum....it quickly devolves into the lowest common denominator. Not asking for censorship just guard rails. If you allow things like blatant racism to foster on your site, how low do you think you can go from there. 

Edited by SkisNH
Corrected auto correct

10 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

This is what you get with an unmoderated forum....it quickly devolves into the lowest common denominator. Not asking for censorship just guard rails. If you allow thinks like blatant racism to foster on your site, how low do you think you can go from there. 

Well, we do have a few guidelines, but we do assume that the members will use some common sense. We don't want pages of rules that do need to be moderated.

As for not posting a members name, that an unwritten rule that requires a member to use their common sense. In this case the member has already been given a vacation for posting a members name and he comes back and does the same thing again. Then says that it isn't written in the site guidelines.  Really? WTF?

Since I am sure at least some of his clients do a Google search before hiring him I really don't think he would want his full name posted and attached to all of his posts here.

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

This is what you get with an unmoderated forum....it quickly devolves into the lowest common denominator. Not asking for censorship just guard rails. If you allow things like blatant racism to foster on your site, how low do you think you can go from there. 

Well, fortunately there are not many black members. They tend to be most racist of all.    

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Well, we do have a few guidelines, but we do assume that the members will use some common sense. We don't want pages of rules that do need to be moderated.

As for not posting a members name, that an unwritten rule that requires a member to use their common sense. In this case the member has already been given a vacation for posting a members name and he comes back and does the same thing again. Then says that it isn't written in the site guidelines.  Really? WTF?

Since I am sure at least some of his clients do a Google search before hiring him I really don't think he would want his full name posted and attached to all of his posts here.

Thanks John, I just went back to page 11 of that thread and deleted my name for the 6th time. 

Just now, HSR said:

Thanks John, I just went back to page 11 of that thread and deleted my name for the 6th time. 

I read the 1st two pages and it was already well of topic and not my cup of tea. Then when I noticed that it was 15 pages I knew that it had legs and read the last page :lol:

I did delete your name on that page for you. You're welcome :lol:

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

What's your opinion on making ignorant comments about family members? Past, present, dead, alive, separated, divorced.. They were family and that is a written rule I believe.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

I don't believe eliminating blatant racism would take pages of rules...

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

What's your opinion on making ignorant comments about family members? Past, present, dead, alive, separated, divorced.. They were family and that is a written rule I believe.. 

Exactly - that little tidbit of information always seems to get a pass.

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

You mean like incest? Calling someone an inbred perhaps?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I know that it is vague, but we ask that members use some common sense.

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/guidelines/

3 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

I don't believe eliminating blatant racism would take pages of rules...

That's what you want added. Then member X sees that you got what you wanted added to the list and they ask for a rule.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Posting someone’s name :lol::cry:

Shut the  place down.. half a dozen assholes  here 24/7 that make this site unbearable.

I wouldn’t miss it.

If you wouldn't miss it, you wouldn't be here right now.  :dunno:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I know that it is vague, but we ask that members use some common sense.

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/guidelines/

So common sense like an unwritten rule about posting a members name and you gave out a warning to that member..See any other members who didn't follow any of those common sense unwritten rules that would deserve a warning in that thread DB got a warning in??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I asked you.

I don't care what you ask me, I like talking to the boss who can get stuff done..Go fish else where..Adults are talking 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

So common sense like an unwritten rule about posting a members name and you gave out a warning to that member..See any other members who didn't follow any of those common sense unwritten rules that would deserve a warning in that thread DB got a warning in??

That really should be addressed as its usually the catalyst.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

That really should be addressed as its usually the catalyst.

Agreed, as it was exactly what happened in that thread

• Like 1