Check your account email address ×

jimmy buffett, no margarita for breakfast.

sw-50c

I guess he had a lace and a boat in Sag Harbor, which is only about 45 mins from the marina.  Neighbor was telling us tonight that they had run into him a coule times over the years and he was just a regular Joe and a good guy.  Another good one gone.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SkisNH said:

Calling buffet a two hit wonder is like saying the J. Geils Band only had two hits freeze frame and centerfold.....

Two awful commercial pieces of trash....their catalog is amazing.

House Party, Whammer Jammer to name a couple. Full House Live is a great album.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Sad to wake up to the news this morning that Jimmy Buffett has died. Interesting character to be sure. My friend George Lange, the brilliant photographer who blessedly took my moat recent author photos, took this classic picture of Jimmy and financier Warren Buffett, having them swap their clothes. 

Sail on Jimmy, and thanks for all you did for music and musicians (and Jose Cuervo, who should have given you a cut of the brand).

IMG_1821.jpeg.45745ce7dc13df4771e2a1004fb7c0f3.jpeg

• Platinum Contributing Member

Jimmy Buffett who is one of my all time favorites has passed away at 76 years of age.  I have seen him several times and wish I could see him play again.  He is most famous for his song Margaritaville that was was written about a drink Buffett discovered at Lung's Cocina del Sur restaurant at 2700 W. Anderson Lane in Austin, Texas.  He did this while in Austin and staying with Jerry Jeff Walker.   Here is an awesome picture of Jerry Jeff Walker on the left, Willie Nelson center, and Jimmy Buffett on the right.  What a great trio these three would have been.  I’ve had many a good time listening to their music and going to all their concerts.

F6D09E92-4ACC-4286-97B2-AF1C790D48C6.thumb.jpeg.ea0211ebcd0cb5ecf2701db3ec2fb2db.jpeg

On 9/2/2023 at 6:56 PM, SkisNH said:

Calling buffet a two hit wonder is like saying the J. Geils Band only had two hits freeze frame and centerfold.....

Two awful commercial pieces of trash....their catalog is amazing.

I met J. Geils. He was at a family get together at a lake home in west central Wisconsin. The boss and I stopped over to pick up a coworker whose dad owned the place. There was a Ferrari parked out front. We asked "who's car". He nonchalantly took a puff off his cigarette and said, "J. Geils". We thought he was kidding. He invited us in. I got to shake hands and exchange a few words. I was 22 or 23 at the time so it was a pretty big deal. 

11 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I met J. Geils. He was at a family get together at a lake home in west central Wisconsin. The boss and I stopped over to pick up a coworker whose dad owned the place. There was a Ferrari parked out front. We asked "who's car". He nonchalantly took a puff off his cigarette and said, "J. Geils". We thought he was kidding. He invited us in. I got to shake hands and exchange a few words. I was 22 or 23 at the time so it was a pretty big deal. 

Sounds like the “Grownups” movie…lol