Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

14 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Been there, done that.  I know how it feels and Textron isn't the only one playing that game.  

I'm on my third owner of the brand.  As of last May, I'm the only one left supporting the brand from when it was a standalone company.

The last company was squeezing all the blood out of the brand and we were prepared to watch it die.  Just then, another company came along that wanted us and the brand was saved.  I see the same thing happening to Cat - Textron will sell off the snowmobile line to someone else eventually, and keep the ATV/UTV line.

I would love to see Argo own it, but it will probably be Polaris.

I doubt they would keep the atv brand. Other than snowmobile country, no one knows what arctic cat atvs are and don’t give shit. The last company similar to cat’s situation was dixie chopper they took over. Dixie was bleeding money when textron bought them out. They gutted the company, pissed off all the dealers, never had inventory to supply dealers, parts and service was awful. The dealers dropped the brand for other options as they needed something to sell. Textron eventually fired everyone and shut down dixie chopper completely as it was loosing so much money. About a year after they closed it, Alamo (aka bush hog) bought it and a lot of those old time dealers brought the line back and are happy with product again. At the end of the day the dealers aren’t very loyal to a brand. Textron didn’t go around canceling arctic cat dealerships as they legally can’t do that. the dealerships on the other hand can and that’s what they did when textron had a stupid dealer program at that time. They said pick your shit up. I don’t see textron keeping the arctic cat brand much longer as they are following their historic operating procedure of failing companies they buy for nothing.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Whats "me too" about the Alpha 1?
The moment the patent drops you can bet your white ass the competition will make thier version.
Cat have had 900 and 1000cc two strokes before. My brother has a highly modified Crossfire 1000R.
The sweet spot is 850ish for weight, thats the meat and potatoes.
However, Cat said they could fit a bigger motor... I could see them fabbing a 900 Turbo in there and sacrificing some of the power to weight. What exactly have Poo and Doo done that isn't "me too" in the past 8-9 years? Nothing. Just tweaks.

I will say though, for altitude reasons, they will need a Turbo eventually.
At 4000 feet your losing like 10% power.

as far as not "me too" doo has: direct injection (with throttle body injectors to cool everything at high loads), 850 cc, 2 stroke turbo, true smart suspension, heat exchanger integrated into the tunnel not riveted to it, methanol injection, rising rate rear suspension that fits in the tunnel, etc.

AC would sell more mountain sleds if they offered a standard 2 rail skid.  It gets asked about all the time, by consumers, and dealers

HP loss is 3% per 1,000 feet

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, krom said:

as far as not "me too" doo has: direct injection (with throttle body injectors to cool everything at high loads), 850 cc, 2 stroke turbo, true smart suspension, heat exchanger integrated into the tunnel not riveted to it, methanol injection, rising rate rear suspension that fits in the tunnel, etc.

AC would sell more mountain sleds if they offered a standard 2 rail skid.  It gets asked about all the time, by consumers, and dealers

HP loss is 3% per 1,000 feet

That integrated cooler is an accident waiting to happen. Terrible idea. Does poo have direct injection? Owned! 

11 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I doubt they would keep the atv brand. Other than snowmobile country, no one knows what arctic cat atvs are and don’t give shit. The last company similar to cat’s situation was dixie chopper they took over. Dixie was bleeding money when textron bought them out. They gutted the company, pissed off all the dealers, never had inventory to supply dealers, parts and service was awful. The dealers dropped the brand for other options as they needed something to sell. Textron eventually fired everyone and shut down dixie chopper completely as it was loosing so much money. About a year after they closed it, Alamo (aka bush hog) bought it and a lot of those old time dealers brought the line back and are happy with product again. At the end of the day the dealers aren’t very loyal to a brand. Textron didn’t go around canceling arctic cat dealerships as they legally can’t do that. the dealerships on the other hand can and that’s what they did when textron had a stupid dealer program at that time. They said pick your shit up. I don’t see textron keeping the arctic cat brand much longer as they are following their historic operating procedure of failing companies they buy for nothing.

Thats almost like saying Roger retired.
I personally know guys who got canceled, here in NY despite some of the strongest franchise laws in the country.  

Some of them could have fought it, and won, but the court costs to try would vastly outweigh the profit of keeping the brand.

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

That integrated cooler is an accident waiting to happen. Terrible idea. Does poo have direct injection? Owned! 

wrong as usual, doo is the only one with DI
With as stupid as you are, your opinion on the heat exchanger is as worthless as you.
The only thing you own is a collection of huge butt plugs.

Edited by krom
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Why are you so invested in defending / arguing over this thing??  Of course they'll win SOTY .. it's the only "new" ride for 2024.  Next year when Polaris releases the XCR with the 9R and Dynamix shocks, and Doo does whatever they decide to do, Cat will continue to be looking up and fighting to stay alive.  You need to get over the fact Cat is part of the "me too" movement now.

Cat got woke...?

:lol:

1 hour ago, krom said:

If they are still interested, Argo would be the best fit, hell they are right down the street, and have most of the talent that textron foolishly got rid of

ArgoCat... that would be fun to say on Talk Like a Pirate Day

aRRRghoCat

15 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

oh wtf do you know? 

:lmao:

1 minute ago, krom said:

wrong as usual, doo is the only one with DI
With as stupid as you are, your opinion on the heat exchanger is as worthless as you.
The only thing you own is a collection of huge butt plugs.

It's still riveted to the tunnel, and if you fuck up a landing and twist that pop can, you are done. I own you every time you post.

5 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

It's still riveted to the tunnel, and if you fuck up a landing and twist that pop can, you are done. I own you every time you post.

Holy fuck are you stupid.

Welcome to 2016 you fucking moron:
Heat_Exchangers.jpg_1600.thumb.jpg.147f91e2f471169ca972eba1770c8fa2.jpg

https://www.snowtechmagazine.com/ski-doo-gen-4-rev-friction-stir-welding/

BTW that's owned..  notice how I posted the truth, with links, and pictures. Instead of making up a stupid lie, like you do

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, krom said:

Holy fuck are you stupid.

Welcome to 2016 you fucking moron:
Heat_Exchangers.jpg_1600.thumb.jpg.147f91e2f471169ca972eba1770c8fa2.jpg

https://www.snowtechmagazine.com/ski-doo-gen-4-rev-friction-stir-welding/

BTW that's owned..  notice how I posted the truth, with links, and pictures. Instead of making up a stupid lie, like you do

Fuck you are dumb. It is a panel rivided to the inside tunnel. Stupid fuck. 

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Fuck you are dumb. It is a panel rivided to the inside tunnel. Stupid fuck. 

Can you translate that from fucking moron to english?

Even with pictures and a link to the magazine story, you don't understand that its welded to the tunnel???
Since you aren't smart enough to click the link, I'll quote it for you:

One of the latest technologies found on the chassis of the new Gen 4 REV platform from Ski-Doo is the use of a NASA technology called “Friction Stir Welding”. This is the process by which Ski-Doo is attaching the cooler

Edited by krom
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Gym had been having a lot of issues with his Commodore 64 so Gym picked up a used Eye Pad at Straw Days but is giddy to be back on the internets again.  Gym knows you're relieved to know he'll be around here again this winter spreading his joy.  Gym still can't believe Arctic Cat went with a small displacement big bore.  Gym is psyched to start ripping wheelies and spraying roost in a couple months.  Gym has 42cc more than this eight five eight no one here has even ridden so Gym is still the big dog here.  Gym apologizes for his lengthy post. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

repost but great if you haven't seen this

Gym is curious why this Stinker fellow needs to edit so many of his poasts.  Gym is concerned Stinker might have a learning disorder or possibly some severe head trauma.  Gym would be willing to go to Western Union and send money to help him.  Gym can be quite generous when Gym sees people with obvious problems.  Gym wants to help out his fellow Polaris owner.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Gym Ramstud said:

Gym is curious why this Stinker fellow needs to edit so many of his poasts.  Gym is concerned Stinker might have a learning disorder or possibly some severe head trauma.  Gym would be willing to go to Western Union and send money to help him.  Gym can be quite generous when Gym sees people with obvious problems.  Gym wants to help out his fellow Polaris owner.  

Gym thinks he's funny but gym sounds like has down sydrome and has sex with his own children.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Gym thinks he's funny but gym sounds like has down sydrome and has sex with his own children.

Advice Gym is too stupid to understand. 

BD87FD9E-FBFB-4E5A-8579-863B16B21D4A.jpeg

On 10/3/2023 at 7:00 PM, ZR6000RR said:

Quit making shit up to appease your boyfriend. 

image.png.90e42b8648c753775c4b5bead6537c10.png

image.thumb.png.0b449d73e64f6cb29aece8822a3b1108.png

image.png.a5a50811b8f141f266fa4f8006473004.png

On 10/3/2023 at 7:18 PM, krom said:

First truthful thing you've posted on here.

So you really expect anyone to believe "your buddies" magically goes 10 mph faster than the limiter, in a machine with computer controlled throttle body, and throttle by wire.
This is down hill on a road.

IMG_20231003_201753.jpg

I'll be beating on it more for the next week.  Still 49mph limit.

17 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

image.png.90e42b8648c753775c4b5bead6537c10.png

image.thumb.png.0b449d73e64f6cb29aece8822a3b1108.png

image.png.a5a50811b8f141f266fa4f8006473004.png

I'll be beating on it more for the next week.  Still 49mph limit.

Talk to Kale. He said 55-60. arcticinsider.  Again.  I will trust those in the know over a fucktard from New York to a wannabe racer, when the moons line up, just right.

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Talk to Kale. He said 55-60. arcticinsider.  Again.  I will trust those in the know over a fucktard from New York to a wannabe racer, when the moons line up, just right.

I'll hold it WFO on the road to the field tomorrow to make sure it'll limit out.  

Should have a good 3 mile run before I need to make a turn. 

49mph.

10 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'll hold it WFO on the road to the field tomorrow to make sure it'll limit out.  

Should have a good 3 mile run before I need to make a turn. 

49mph.

Btw? Who cares? It is not a wildcat. I run my 600 most rides at 35 or less. Stickers don't do much for me outside of mileage logs per work day. 

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Btw? Who cares? It is not a wildcat. I run my 600 most rides at 35 or less. Stickers don't do much for me outside of mileage logs per work day. 

Blueberry the Subaru was less then 10% of the price and does at least twice the speed.