Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

8 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I'm a lying sack of shit

First truthful thing you've posted on here.

So you really expect anyone to believe "your buddies" magically goes 10 mph faster than the limiter, in a machine with computer controlled throttle body, and throttle by wire.
This is down hill on a road.

IMG_20231003_201753.jpg

Edited by krom

5 minutes ago, krom said:

So you really expect anyone to believe "your buddies" magically goes 10 mph faster than the limiter, in a machine with computer controlled throttle body, and throttle by wire.

IMG_20231003_201753.jpg

I don't know. That is what it showed, and even Kale (way more knowledgeable than you, or even me) has said so. 

7 minutes ago, krom said:

IMG_20231003_201753.jpg

You can just not use the limiter btw. 

1 hour ago, krom said:

The resident expert says all you have to do is turn off the limiter

So how those Yankees do today? 

The limiter can be set but also can be left off. It's up to the operator. Not rocket science, but you are like a pile of rocks.

9 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

So how those Yankees do today? 

The limiter can be set but also can be left off. It's up to the operator. Not rocket science, but you are like a pile of rocks.

show us all how to disable the rev limiter

11 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

And could flip it for a PC if you actually liked them better.  

Like my Polaris Outlaw 450 (which is a KTM motor and KTM Hydraulic clutch, factory stock), its just a project I got for cheap, all brands for me are open for re-builds if its the right machine, but no Polaris 800's before 2015. Only the 600. 
I love bringing things back to life (if there is enough meat on the bone and they are worthy) and sharpening my skills. It's just a backup sled/sled for friends to use and I could make $1500-2000 of it if I wanted. The updated SPI coated pistons and pressed rings with Klotz oil make a nice difference, no caution lights or nothing, gauge lights up like new and everything works. Its even got reverse and a RCA plug. I'm pretty proud of that project. Good little basic machine to ride, just needs a proper windshield.

I lowballed a few G4 850's over summer and almost had a 2019 XRS with 3600 miles for 5500, but it fell through.
I'll pick up a nicer main sled when I feel like it, right now it's not a high priority.

edit: typo, G4 not G5

Edited by stinkipinki

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

So again shopping for something other than a Procross.  Tells a story.

What part of 'I don't care about brands' doesn't compute in your brain?
Your so full of brand loyal butthurt rage from getting destroyed so many times on these forums, you have to go into Cat forums and threads with no reason to be there other then to spew your cryass garbage. This thread is about Cat's new big bore engine. Not your whimpering and butt hurt whining.
You've been like this for what...5 years? Did the bad man touch you in the private area?
It's so fucking pathetic. Just shut the fuck up.

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

Like my Polaris Outlaw 450 (which is a KTM motor and KTM Hydraulic clutch, factory stock), its just a project I got for cheap, all brands for me are open for re-builds if its the right machine, but no Polaris 800's before 2015. Only the 600. 
I love bringing things back to life (if there is enough meat on the bone and they are worthy) and sharpening my skills. It's just a backup sled/sled for friends to use and I could make $1500-2000 of it if I wanted. The updated SPI coated pistons and pressed rings with Klotz oil make a nice difference, no caution lights or nothing, gauge lights up like new and everything works. Its even got reverse and a RCA plug. I'm pretty proud of that project. Good little basic machine to ride, just needs a proper windshield.

I lowballed a few G4 850's over summer and almost had a 2019 XRS with 3600 miles for 5500, but it fell through.
I'll pick up a nicer main sled when I feel like it, right now it's not a high priority.

Kind of like no Cat 800 after the zuke

edit: typo, G4 not G5

17 hours ago, krom said:

IMG_20231003_201753.jpg

You can over ride the limiter by throwing it out of an air plane for maximum top speed. It will only go about 100 in the back of a pickup truck because those are limited to.

1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

...you have to go into Cat forums

This is the HCS forum.  Either way, you claim the PC is great yet you own a Poo and are shopping for a Doo which translates directly into the PC not being that great.  Keep up the fight though, it's amusing :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2023 at 10:42 AM, stinkipinki said:

During its release in 2012 the ProCross was better then anything Doo and Poo had at the time.

On 7/2/2023 at 6:34 AM, stinkipinki said:

When Yamaha partnered with Cat in 14 the ProCross was 2 years old. Polaris's chassis was 4 years old. The ProCross won the majority of flatland racing events and was a great fit for the 998.

Doo and Poo's chassis I believe is too weak or narrow. Fast forward to 2023/24, the Doo chassis is 7 years old and the Polaris chassis is going on 9 years old, which is why they havent won sled of the year in over 2 years, make that 3 years when Cat wins it this year.

Ford sells way more economy shitboxes then Bugatti and Mclaren sell. Its still a piece of shit. Cat have never cared about sales, even when they did have 1/3 of the market. They care about sledding. The Alpha sleds are in a class by their own and the trail sled belt drive/progressive steering makes the Polaris and Ski Doo outdated. But hey, sales numbers.

On 3/17/2023 at 1:22 PM, stinkipinki said:

Says who? The only updates my 12 needed were related to the secondary.
After the 13 updates that sled was solid, and it won the shootout that year.
The actual build quality of the ProCross is very good, its a strong, well built chassis.

On 3/14/2023 at 5:52 PM, stinkipinki said:

The ProCross won sled of the year in 14, runner up in 16, new suspension updates in 2020, along with newer plastics.

On 3/7/2023 at 8:59 AM, stinkipinki said:

Cat have never tried to 'gain market share' even though in the mid 2000s they had like 35% with the Firecats. They just strive to make the best sled. You can make fun of the ProCross all day but for trail riding its a great chassis, and it won 50-60% of flatland racing events for like 10 years in usxc and isoc.

Now the tables have turned, the new progressive steering system and friction less belt drive make the competition look old and outdated.

On 2/9/2023 at 3:36 PM, stinkipinki said:

I dont give a flying fuck about marketshare. GM sells 500 Malibu's to 1 Corvette. Is the Malibu the better car? Not only will Catalyst propel Cat into good sales again, it also puts a positive spin on the 12-23 ProCross. That chassis won sled of the year in 14, runner up in 16. Its not some ancient piece of junk, its a great flatlander/trail chassis.

On 9/12/2022 at 2:35 PM, stinkipinki said:

Until the Zuke got replaced by the first gen CTEC in 2017, the ProCross was solid overall and sold well.
Stinky but fast, basic but reliable....and won, sometimes the majority of flatland racing events for nearly 10 years.

On 9/9/2022 at 3:53 PM, stinkipinki said:

Unless you want to blow the competition's door's off on high speed trails or the lake. Far as appealling, , for your average Joe on the trails sure, but on flatland racing the ProCross still wins a large percentage of USXC and ISOC flatland racing, even in 2022. If Polaris and Ski-Doo's chassis handles better, it sure doesn't show up in racing, and in most real world conditions.

I drove a 21 VR1 850 last year and my former 2012 F800 with some mods handled just as good.

On 3/9/2023 at 7:05 PM, stinkipinki said:

If you want to be a butthurt baby and ignore reality, sure, but outside of one engine Gen 1 CTEC 800, Arctic Cat has probably has the most reliable power plants across the board for about 20 years running. Polaris and Doo have had countless failures, from powerteks, liberty's and others.
Their CTEC 600 is solid and the revamped 2024 is even better. 
I think the revamped 600 doing so well will go a long way to help buyers feel confident in thier new turbo 860.

Yet....

5 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

I got the Rush

ie, not a Cat and

5 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

I lowballed a few G4 850's over summer and almost had a 2019 XRS with 3600 miles for 5500, but it fell through. I'll pick up a nicer main sled when I feel like it, right now it's not a high priority.

shopping for a Doo.

Sure sounds like you "love" that Procross.  

• Haha 2