Check your account email address ×

Ford's CEO admits to a 'reality check' during F-150 Lightning Route 66 road trip

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

7.2% of US market share.  Up 48% from last year.  Just facts

6%. Without California it's much less. That's also a fact.

While the overall share of EVs in the US market is low — about 6% — it has grown rapidly in the past few years as hype for these vehicles heightened and brands such as Tesla made electric cars a status symbol

Edited by Steve753

26 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I do as well! I'm the only d bag on the lake that has them! :lol:

I had them installed in our little vacation house. It was that or put a stand by diesel generator. No NG.

Anyway. 

I got them at the camp as well.

But I, and apparently you, were not subjected to the lifestyle that frequently accompanies them..

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Definitely hard.  Have to suffer in that shitbox interior for that long would SUCK.

My S6 averages just under 30 at 80-85.  It has averaged above.  Of course if I take it off cruise and punch it a few times that goes down FAST.

Tesla tied Toyota for top luxury vehicle customer satisfaction…. SBYL

https://motorillustrated.com/toyota-surges-ahead-in-customer-satisfaction-lexus-and-tesla-tie-for-luxury-lead/120701/amp/

Dealers Are Turning Away EV Inventory: Report

Electric vehicle sales are beginning to plateau as the demand from early adopters is satisfied

PublishedYesterday

The Ford Motor Co. Mustang Mach-E electric sports utility vehicle (SUV) for sale at a dealership in Colma, California, U.S., on Wednesday, June 30, 2021.

Photo: David Paul Morris/Bloomberg (Getty Images)

America’s major manufacturers have made it clear that electric vehicles haven’t been as profitable as hoped. Ford has stated they expected to lose $4.5 billion on their electric vehicle divisions this year. Detroit’s automakers knew that they were going to lose money in these early years of production, just not that much money. Now, dealers are refusing EV deliveries to avoid having cars they can’t move off their lots.

Insider reports that some dealers don’t want new electric vehicle deliveries. Scott Kunes, the chief operating officer of Kunes Auto and RV Group told the website that his company has “turned away EV inventory.” The dealers have pointed to a lack of demand for less-than-affluent customers. The wave of early adopters willing to spend to get their hands on an electric vehicle has faded, but cost-conscious consumers are apprehensive about making the transition.

Kunes noted that automakers are asking dealers to make a significant investment in EVs and the dealers want to see a return on their investment. EV sales are starting to plateau as the demand from early adopters has seemingly been satisfied. The conversations in showrooms are now not just about higher prices but about the lifestyle changes tied to electric vehicles.

23 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

That's frigging awesome spin, enjoy!:thumbsup:

I managed to avoid other humans for 4 days. Now I’m back to civilization before disappearing into Island Park ID. Weekend before Labor Day is pretty dead. Cinnamon bun was absolutely fantastic. As many times as I’ve seen it, it still gives the chills. 

IMG_0238.jpeg

IMG_0241.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

I managed to avoid other humans for 4 days. Now I’m back to civilization before disappearing into Island Park ID. Weekend before Labor Day is pretty dead. Cinnamon bun was absolutely fantastic. As many times as I’ve seen it, it still gives the chills. 

IMG_0238.jpeg

IMG_0241.jpeg

Soooo awesome!

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

IMG_0238.jpeg

IMG_0241.jpeg

I love the mountain west

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

IMG_0238.jpeg

IMG_0241.jpeg

Did you take 16A or won't the van fit through the tunnels?

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

IMG_0220.jpeg

IMG_0224.jpeg

IMG_0226.jpeg

Nice! You should be able to capture some awesome sunrises and sunsets out west. Whenever I look at the probability maps the west is always high.

11 hours ago, ckf said:

Nice! You should be able to capture some awesome sunrises and sunsets out west. Whenever I look at the probability maps the west is always high.

We had about 15 minutes total with rain on our 2 week trip - all our sunsets and sunrises looked like this!  Somewhat Jealous we didn’t see many real clouds or rain…

2F7ABCAB-1F33-4D4C-BF16-BFC0016120D5.jpeg

CCC81D4F-9FCE-4608-A0F9-3AD85517E45D.jpeg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Deephaven said:

No surprise, Tesla customers are all rather stupid.  Of course they love their over priced purchase.

Was just gonna say lol

I’m not sure you can put a lot of faith In consumer reports on EV’s. To the buyers it’s not a car. It’s their virtue 

Picked up supplies and filled up with fresh water in West Yellowstone Dropping off into Island Park and the back country for the remainder of the week. Staying in Marijuana Flats tonight along the Snake River. Just look at all those amazing trails to be explored. Zero internet. :lol: Later….

IMG_0286.png

• Like 4