Check your account email address ×

Ford's CEO admits to a 'reality check' during F-150 Lightning Route 66 road trip

• Platinum Contributing Member
59 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Dead family members don't.

:lol: Accelerating on an on ramp to get up to speed kills that many people? From a stop light to the speed limits kills? I'm not talking about doing hole shots in school parking lots next to buses of kids getting loaded

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Dead family members don't.

On a performance sled site you are claiming that doing a 0-60 or whatever run on an entrance ramp kills people?  If guys here are that shitty of drivers in cars how the hell do they ride a snowmobile?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

On a performance sled site you are claiming that doing a 0-60 or whatever run on an entrance ramp kills people?  If guys here are that shitty of drivers in cars how the hell do they ride a snowmobile?

My sled will do 60' in 1.20...almost into the teens. Not bad for a 25 year old hunk of junk I put together in the quick lube shop  :lol: 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, BOHICA said:

need to stay at higher end hotels or resorts on you little trip…. Like The Heat.

And God knows a charger out front is what qualifies as high end... :lol:

Point is I had my choice of EVERY hotel, high end or not, to stay in.... not just among those that supplied free electrons.

9 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Highways are not dragstrips. Do you road race.

Sometimes acceleration is fun. It’s also good to have the option when overtaking.  Funny how when the Prius was the only choice the anti ev crowd loved to laugh at their anemic performance.  Now ev’s are performance cars with decent range , suddenly it doesn’t matter. 

This car feels like the future, I hope the Silverado is as impressive. 

On 8/21/2023 at 10:06 AM, Skidooski said:

My sled will do 60' in 1.20...almost into the teens. Not bad for a 25 year old hunk of junk I put together in the quick lube shop  :lol: 

60’?  I was talking 0-60 mph. 

I find it interesting that anti ev people already focus on travel charging. Most people gas up or charge locally 90% of the time. So even if every away charge is one hour for an ev Vs 10 minutes for ice vehicles, you end up saving time as well as money with an ev. 

• Gold Member
On 8/21/2023 at 11:41 AM, revkevsdi said:

Sometimes acceleration is fun. It’s also good to have the option when overtaking.  Funny how when the Prius was the only choice the anti ev crowd loved to laugh at their anemic performance.  Now ev’s are performance cars with decent range , suddenly it doesn’t matter. 

This car feels like the future, I hope the Silverado is as impressive. 

Acceleration in our Rivian is intense.  Makes we want to get rid of the model 3 and get a Plaid.

• Haha 1

Interesting how the ev owners are at odds with the CEO of the company manufacturing the darn things....if he says it's an eye opener; I believe him much more than a Douche bragging on a snowmobile forum.

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

Interesting how the ev owners are at odds with the CEO of the company manufacturing the darn things....if he says it's an eye opener; I believe him much more than a Douche bragging on a snowmobile forum.

The CEO is right. Ev’s can be challenging to charge in places.  They definitely aren’t for everyone. If you are too stupid to download apps and plan a trip then keep away from them until there are chargers everywhere. 

But how much respect would you have for someone that says snowmobiles are no good in the mountains because there aren’t any gas stations?

At the moment Ev’s have become something a lot of right wing people hate. It’s like climate change or believing Trump won the election, no amount of common sense will sway them. But who fucking cares?  There are 2 million people waiting for that rediculous looking cybertruck, a long line up for the Silverado and with battery tech improving regulary they are the future. 

8 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

The CEO is right. Ev’s can be challenging to charge in places.  They definitely aren’t for everyone. If you are too stupid to download apps and plan a trip then keep away from them until there are chargers everywhere. 

But how much respect would you have for someone that says snowmobiles are no good in the mountains because there aren’t any gas stations?

At the moment Ev’s have become something a lot of right wing people hate. It’s like climate change or believing Trump won the election, no amount of common sense will sway them. But who fucking cares?  There are 2 million people waiting for that rediculous looking cybertruck, a long line up for the Silverado and with battery tech improving regulary they are the future. 

Sales are declining on EVs. Many dealers are stuck with them as customers have backed out of their orders. They won't be the future for awhile.

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

EV’s that adopts the Tesla Network and connector will have a much easier time.  Reliability of the Tesla network is not a concern and makes traveling long distance super easy

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Sales are declining on EVs. Many dealers are stuck with them as customers have backed out of their orders. They won't be the future for awhile.

Sales of EV’s went up last quarter.

Electric vehicle sales hit a record high in the second quarter, according to a new analysis from Cox Automotive. Almost 300,000 new battery-electric vehicles were sold between April and June this year. The 48.4% increase was more than any previous quarter since modern-day EVs first came on the market in 2010.

Edited by BOHICA

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Sales of EV’s went up last quarter.

Electric vehicle sales hit a record high in the second quarter, according to a new analysis from Cox Automotive. Almost 300,000 new battery-electric vehicles were sold between April and June this year. The 48.4% increase was more than any previous quarter since modern-day EVs first came on the market in 2010.

Still down from the 7% you were claiming earlier this yr now barely at 6%. People are going back to ICE.

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Still down from the 7% you were claiming earlier this yr now barely at 6%. People are going back to ICE.

7.2% and up huge from the same quarter of last year.  Also more and more models are coming online.  Pretty impressive when you look at how many different models of EV’s are available vs gas vehicles.  

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

7.2% and up huge from the same quarter of last year.  Also more and more models are coming online.  Pretty impressive when you look at how many different models of EV’s are available vs gas vehicles.  

You live in fantasy land.

Lots of dealers stuck with unsellable EVs. Nothing impressive about that at all.

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

You live in fantasy land.

Lots of dealers stuck with unsellable EVs. Nothing impressive about that at all.

They will sell when they price right just like any other vehicle.  

globally EV sales are climbing and plug in vehicles make up 19% of all auto sales.  Up huge.  1 in 4 in California are plug ins.  More and more states are adopting the California model.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

They will sell when they price right just like any other vehicle.  

globally EV sales are climbing and plug in vehicles make up 19% of all auto sales.  Up huge.  1 in 4 in California are plug ins.  More and more states are adopting the California model.

Homeless living in tents?

:lol: