Check your account email address ×

The ocean is poppin off.

18 minutes ago, ckf said:

The OP has nothing to do with climate change or forecasts. It's just talking about the current temperatures of the Atlantic Ocean. 

That’s why i taught you nah sayers a lesson on currents. 

the Gulf Stream and an artic current meet off the coast of Newfoundland close to where the submarine imploded 

plus in the bay of fundy they have been Chasing great whites around for the last few years after they tagged them 

Edited by toslow

2 minutes ago, toslow said:

That’s why i taught you nah sayers a lesson on currents. 

the Gulf Stream and an artic current meet off the coast of Newfoundland close to where the submarine imploded 

plus in the bay of fundy they have been Chasing great whites around for the last few years after they tagged them 

You didn't teach us anything.  No one could understand what you were trying to say in your post. Maybe a little to much to drink on a Sunday afternoon?

So, what's your point about the Gulf Stream? It has been moving warm water to the north for a while now, lol.

23 minutes ago, ckf said:

So, what's your point about the Gulf Stream? It has been moving warm water to the north for a while now, lol.

What are you saying here?

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

The OP has nothing to do with climate change or forecasts. It's just talking about the current temperatures of the Atlantic Ocean. 

Everything like this does anymore. :bc:

11 minutes ago, ckf said:

It seems to get turned into it whenever the topic of weather gets brought up.  :bc:

Well generally speaking when someone who agrees with the concept of MMCC posts something on record temps it has connotations of that topic.  If I'm wrong then my bad.  Same could be said about someone who doesn't agree with MMCC posting anything regarding lower temps and not mentioning MMCC.  :bc: 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ckf said:

The problem I have is more often than not the data is manipulated to push an agenda. Comparing air temp to surface Temps as an example.

Never burned my foot in air that is 90 degrees, but step on pavent that 90 degree sun heated to 120...... well.....

Honesty in science has taken a hit due to hysterical clobal warming predictions, the fu King the world took on Covid and trying to say lopitoffames and addadicktomes are life affirming care.

Live by the lie, die by the lie.

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

The problem I have is more often than not the data is manipulated to push an agenda. Comparing air temp to surface Temps as an example.

More and more they are showing "Heat Indexes" and not actual "Air Temps" but you gotta look close at the graphics to know for sure.

12 minutes ago, Snake said:

Never burned my foot in air that is 90 degrees, but step on pavent that 90 degree sun heated to 120...... well.....

Honesty in science has taken a hit due to hysterical clobal warming predictions, the fu King the world took on Covid and trying to say lopitoffames and addadicktomes are life affirming care.

Live by the lie, die by the lie.

I can understand what you are saying. The media sensationalizing the weather is an issue. That doesn't mean that we aren't warming. It's been happening since the last ice age.

As I have said all along, the earth is warming. Man has played a small part , but none of here has a clue as to the extent. At least I will admit that I don't know instead of repeating what my political party tells me.

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

I can understand what you are saying. The media sensationalizing the weather is an issue. That doesn't mean that we aren't warming. It's been happening since the last ice age.

As I have said all along, the earth is warming. Man has played a small part , but none of here has a clue as to the extent. At least I will admit that I don't know instead of repeating what my political party tells me.

There is not even a consensus on that....

3 hours ago, ckf said:

X2.

Neal

Repugs hate peer reviewed science as it destroys their false narrative they peddle to the stupid.  Instead - they hang their hats on claims from sources financially supported by big oil and business.  Obviously not peer reviewed but good enough to support their agenda/opinion.  

smart people believe in science.  Morons disparage it.  Easy to see what permeates FSCE 

3 hours ago, ckf said:

Yup....I run very much against the grain in my thinking and an independent when it comes to this topic.:lol:I been around a long time and when you just don't have the winters you used to as a kid....kinda makes you believe in the temperature data sets. I don't think they are that far skewed.  Question remains on just how much of the warming is human induced...but even if it is, there is very little we can do about it IMO.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snake said:

There is not even a consensus on that....

Of course there is. You just choose to ignore it.

What happens when you cut down trees and replace it with developments, concrete and asphalt? The temperature in that area rises. It can also go the other way as I have mentioned before.  New Hampshire was warmer back in the late 1800s than now due to there being more forests today. Back in the 1800s there was a lot more cleared pastures for the sheep farmers.  Go to any museum with New England art from the late 1800s and compare a scene from them to what the same area looks like today.  It's amazing how much land was cleared back then.  And that was without modern equipment.

Like it or not, man does play a part.v

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

The vast overwhelming consensus via climate researchers is that man is indeed playing a significant part.

Neal

Oh... I'm sure!