Check your account email address ×

Drinking And Boating

10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Ok so seeing as how this IS a boating thread, I hope the critics won’t mind if I post a pic of our boat, after swapping out some lights this weekend.  Pretty happy with how it came out.  Not a boat you want to be buzzed up and driving either.  :lol: 

C10F8F5F-0CDE-4BBC-8AFF-61263D9508B1.jpeg

that's real nice. we have had so much rain i'll be lucky to get out at all. hudson river is brown with tons of debris. not sure we have enough summer to clear it up

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Ok so seeing as how this IS a boating thread, I hope the critics won’t mind if I post a pic of our boat, after swapping out some lights this weekend.  Pretty happy with how it came out.  Not a boat you want to be buzzed up and driving either.  :lol: 

Nice. This maybe a stupid question but will cops give you shit for blue lights on a boat like they do with cars?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

If it was up to me I would drag most pontoon boats home just like that. Pontoon boats are where testosterone goes to die.

Having kids drops a man’s testosterone by several points. It’s nature’s method of keeping the father close to home. So if a man wants kids, grows some bitch tits, and finds himself being bossed around by the “mother”…..what the fuck is wrong with him have a small slice of joy in his life? 

20 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Nice. This maybe a stupid question but will cops give you shit for blue lights on a boat like they do with cars?

Not that I’m aware, as long as you’re running your nav lights at night (red/green), and I don’t take it out at night. :bc: I’ve seen some crazy lighting schemes out on the water too, ours is pretty tame.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Having kids drops a man’s testosterone by several points. It’s nature’s method of keeping the father close to home. So if a man wants kids, grows some bitch tits, and finds himself being bossed around by the “mother”…..what the fuck is wrong with him have a small slice of joy in his life? 

Buying an old muscle/ sports  car boost those numbers right back up. :thumbsup:

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

If it was up to me I would drag most pontoon boats home just like that. Pontoon boats are where testosterone goes to die.

I don't know....I went from a 19' I/O to a Pontoon and would never go back. At least on most of the lakes that I use......just so much more comfortable. But then again, I also need my comfort when cruising with a "roadie" or "wetty" in this case.:lol:

That being said....I sold and got out of boating all together and don't miss the expense of dock rental and maintenance for such a short season.... although the Pontoon I had was relatively trouble and maintenance free and super quiet with the Yamaha motor. I guess I miss it a little.

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Damn..... nice boat:bc:

Deephaven is smoking mad, I can smell it from here, 🤢....or maybe it's those Canadian fires again....pretty hazy.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Well count me to be low testosterone.....time to switch to Bud Lite....

• Haha 3

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Depends. Blue lights are technically what law enforcement uses on a vessel. So if you had a rotating or blinking blue light you would probably get some grief. But if it's a solid blue or part of an overall montage of lights then you will probably not get any grief for the blue. Just keep in mind legallly no lights can interfere with your navigation lights...legally. Driftbusters blue lights won't get him a second glance except for admiration perhaps. They look sharp!

Edited by Kivalo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I don't know....I went from a 19' I/O to a Pontoon and would never go back. At least on most of the lakes that I use......just so much more comfortable. But then again, I also need my comfort when cruising with a "roadie" or "wetty" in this case.:lol:

That being said....I sold and got out of boating all together and don't miss the expense of dock rental and maintenance for such a short season.... although the Pontoon I had was relatively trouble and maintenance free and super quiet with the Yamaha motor. I guess I miss it a little.

Having drinks, good people, scantily covered tities in your face to stare at…… not a bad way to spend your weekend!   Fuck working on that lawn. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Depends. Blue lights are technically what law enforcement uses on a vessel. So if you had a rotating or blinking blue light you would probably get some grief. But if it's a solid blue or part of an overall montage of lights then you will probably not get any grief for the blue. Just keep in mind legallly no lights can interfere with your navigation lights...legally. Driftbusters blue lights won't get him a second glance except for admiration perhaps. They look sharp!

The rear blues were factory, I just converted the interior from white to blue, incl these little side accents, so I should be good. :bc: * red Nav light on too

A24F0557-A370-4A1A-A280-EF4136FADC3B.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Deephaven is smoking mad

Why would I be mad when he proves out my point for me?  Amused for sure.  Go woolie!!

As for the blue lights, those will get you pulled over here if being used while in motion and visible from another boat.  Blue is also a terrible color for night vision so a multi-color LED that allows you to run red instead of white or blue is way better.

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Why would I be md when he proves out my point for me?  Amused for sure.  Go woolie!!

As for the blue lights, those will get you pulled over here if being used while in motion and visible from another boat.  Blue is also a terrible color for night vision so a multi-color LED that allows you to run red instead of white or blue is way better.

They're interior lights, with one small blue accent on each side you fucking dingus..  No ones getting pulled over.   Of course you're a boat expert too.  Smh.  Do you always feel the need to be such a twat?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Wolfie out for an afternoon cruise. 

I could watch Haulover Inlet videos for hours.  :lol:   All sizes of boats and yachts, naked girls, and shit like that.  I've been through there, it can get chippy for sure.

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Why would I be mad when he proves out my point for me?  Amused for sure.  Go woolie!!

And there it is like clock work..:lmao:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Cold War said:

Having drinks, good people, scantily covered tities in your face to stare at…… not a bad way to spend your weekend!   Fuck working on that lawn. 

speaking of raising testosterone...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Poor Deepfaggot that should trigger him again.

Went on a nice sxs ride today into town through the trail.

20230717_155603.thumb.jpg.89927be901b964ad668d771ae3cbdb00.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

They're interior lights, with one small blue accent on each side you fucking dingus..  No ones getting pulled over.   Of course you're a boat expert too.  Smh.  Do you always feel the need to be such a twat?  

Yep, not legal in MN.  Got pulled over in the Sundancer for exactly that...except red.  First thing I do in every boat is install RGB LEDs.  If you weren't such a pompous idiot....

12 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Yep, not legal in MN.  Got pulled over in the Sundancer for exactly that...except red.  First thing I do in every boat is install RGB LEDs.  If you weren't such a pompous idiot....

You come into the thread insulting me and telling me whats better.  And I'm the pompous idiot.  Sure thing sport. Is there anything you don't know the most about?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You come into the thread insulting me and telling me whats better.  And I'm the pompous idiot.  Sure thing sport. Is there anything you don't know the most about?

You insulted yourself.  You are great at that.  I told you that you'd get pulled over here.  As for the better, lol, pretty much common knowledge on light color and night vision.  Being a car/sled/motor guy there is no way you didn't know that...or perhaps you are that stupid.  You sure act like it.  

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

You insulted yourself.  You are great at that.  I told you that you'd get pulled over here.  As for the better, lol, pretty much common knowledge on light color and night vision.  Being a car/sled/motor guy there is no way you didn't know that...or perhaps you are that stupid.  You sure act like it.  

For fucks sake give it a rest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

You do need a tissue.   And a shrink.  :lol: The lights are switchable from blue to white, and I happen to like the blue.....mmmk?  And guess what else?  I can even turn them off if the water cops tell me to!  I'll be sure and keep you posted.  What kind of boat do you have, or is that a big secret too?  Post it up big shooter!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2