Check your account email address ×

Why the left doesn’t want you to watch the sound of freedom

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I think what we’re saying is we’re just surprised you put up with it.  I always thought part of an admin/moderator job was to also keep the peace, not be arguing with and insulting 6-8-10 guys at a time like does.  :bc:  kinda takes away from the “benevolence” of the role imo

On a normal forum that would be the case. When Rob started FS he built something different. For the record, I didn't agree with it then and I don't agree now. But it is what it is and I'm not going to try to change it now. All the admin do here is work behind the scenes to keep the site going and helping members delete extra posts and stuff like that. I'm not going to ask them to ask them to hold back just because they are an admin. If they abuse the power then I would have an issue with it.

Also, I never heard a peep out of any of you when Z was an admin and kept threatening members and posting SR work information. This place has selected outrage. That's a fact.

I'm not looking to argue, Mark.  I stand back and try to observe what goes on around here with an open mind. I don't let politics interfere.  I think I have a fairly good idea on what goes on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HSR said:

Ah personal insults now :lol: 

there are zero personal insults there. If you want some just let me know and I'll make a direct personal insult just so you can tell the difference.

So the crown was planted on the skull. Were you eating a BK double too?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Is this yet another, "What's good for thee but not for me?"  Steve wears big boy pants and can sleep in the bed he's made.  In other words, he gets what he deserves and I'll leave it at that.  You both can ignore me, or anyone else that butts heads with him - right?

How many threads have you typed my name in lately looking for a response? I can pull them up.

Your response time to my post this morning rivals any emergency response team.

You have been bitching and whining about this site and it's content since the Twilight Zone was open (I can pull it up).

Now you're telling the site owner what to do on his own site?

Jesus dude you complain more than the next 10 newly active members combined. Leave if you don't like it, or stay, I really don't care, just quit your crying ffs. 

3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I'll agree with, this place is like a kindergarten ... maybe more like a middle school.  

Maybe a few guys done graduated to middle school.  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HSR said:

How many threads have you typed my name in lately looking for a response? I can pull them up.

Your response time to my post this morning rivals any emergency response team.

You have been bitching and whining about this site and it's content since the Twilight Zone was open (I can pull it up).

Now you're telling the site owner what to do on his own site?

Jesus dude you complain more than the next 10 newly active members combined. Leave if you don't like it, or stay, I really don't care, just quit your crying ffs. 

My response this morning was timed with waiting for a meeting and getting caught up on what I missed over the weekend.  Yes, I quoted you - congratulations on feeling important.  Or are you .... your new favorite word ...TRIGGERED!?!?!

The so-called issues I have with this place is nothing more than you acting like a teenaged girl who never recovers from her period.  And it's pretty easy to see, I'm not the only one who thinks you've turned into a punk.  Like I said, you made your bed ... you can sleep in it.  John and I have had plenty of exchanges, both publicly and privately, and they've been about as cool and calm as can be.  Too bad you couldn't learn from him :news:

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Bontz said:

My response this morning was timed with waiting for a meeting and getting caught up on what I missed over the weekend.  Yes, I quoted you - congratulations on feeling important.  Or are you .... your new favorite word ...TRIGGERED!?!?!

The so-called issues I have with this place is nothing more than you acting like a teenaged girl who never recovers from her period.  And it's pretty easy to see, I'm not the only one who thinks you've turned into a punk.  Like I said, you made your bed ... you can sleep in it.  John and I have had plenty of exchanges, both publicly and privately, and they've been about as cool and calm as can be.  Too bad you couldn't learn from him :news:

Let's continue with the adult conversation.... It's not fair to expect Steve to act like I do. We are two different people. He is free to act like he wants as long as he stays within the rules. That's the same for everyone here. Call him out for your disagreements, not because he is generous enough to help us ALL out behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I always thought part of an admin/moderator job was to also keep the peace,

When in the history of FS1 and FS2 was there site moderators designated to keep the peace and who were they?

Is this something you want/need to have on FS?

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Funny how a guy who claims he wants moderation to keep the peace attacks the moderator.  Derrr....

There is no moderator's they just went through that.

We however do have a hall monitor :thumbsup: 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HSR said:

When in the history of FS1 and FS2 was there site moderators designated to keep the peace and who were they?

Rob liked to stir the pot at times, lol. 

FreedomSledder is a very unique site :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Doug said:

There is no moderator's they just went through that.

We however do have a hall monitor :thumbsup: 

Come on, Doug, what has he done to abuse his power and deserve that name?  Do you not understand that without his help this site doesn't exist?

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Come on, Doug, what has he done to abuse his power and deserve that name?  Do you not understand that without his help this site doesn't exist?

Never said a name :dunno:.  

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

Never said a name :dunno:.  

Are we really going to play games?  I'd much rather have an honest discussion.

If you have an issue with him, deal with the issue. Don't give him shit for something that he doesn't deserve. If he abused his power let me know and I will go through the moderator logs.

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

Are we really going to play games?  I'd much rather have an honest discussion.

If you have an issue with him, deal with the issue. Don't give him shit for something that he doesn't deserve. If he abused his power let me know and I will go through the moderator logs.

Not playing games and staying within the rules.

Is calling people Moron's and retard's as has been demonstrated by said person deserving to those people.  No abuse of power just treating people as they treat you.  Sounds fair to me.  Honest discussion.    

1 minute ago, Doug said:

Not playing games and staying within the rules.

Is calling people Moron's and retard's as has been demonstrated by said person deserving to those people.  No abuse of power just treating people as they treat you.  Sounds fair to me.  Honest discussion.    

Yes, you are staying within the rules. I'm not asking you to agree or even respect Steve's position on his beliefs, but I am asking to please respect what he does around here. Does that make sense, LOL.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

On a normal forum that would be the case. When Rob started FS he built something different. For the record, I didn't agree with it then and I don't agree now. But it is what it is and I'm not going to try to change it now. All the admin do here is work behind the scenes to keep the site going and helping members delete extra posts and stuff like that. I'm not going to ask them to ask them to hold back just because they are an admin. If they abuse the power then I would have an issue with it.

Also, I never heard a peep out of any of you when Z was an admin and kept threatening members and posting SR work information. This place has selected outrage. That's a fact.

I'm not looking to argue, Mark.  I stand back and try to observe what goes on around here with an open mind. I don't let politics interfere.  I think I have a fairly good idea on what goes on.

All good John.  I  don’t even remember when  Zambroski was a moderator, nor have I ever had any problems with him. He’s over on bellypan now and he is a pretty funny guy from what I can see.   He claims the reason is because of the guy we are talking about right now. I don’t know what it takes to “run“ a website like this, but surely we could find somebody who doesn’t look for so much trouble or run his mouth that much.   I fight my own battles, I never complain to you, and I was never in the middle of any battles between Zambroski and Snowrider.  I’ve had enough trouble with the Fattys and Zosos or the world with getting into my personal life, 2 dipshits that Im glad are long gone.  :lol: 

41 minutes ago, HSR said:

Is this a quiz?  I don’t care enough to remember, I’ve been on these boards for over 20 years, you have too I assume? In my mind, there is no difference between telling me I can’t keep a lady even though I’ve been with my wife for 15 years, and that crack I made a couple days later to Deephaven about his wife.  I don’t talk about my marital history in here, not sure why you two guys think it’s ok.  He went there first, so I responded in kind.  You didn’t say boo to him when he made the crack to me, but you were right there on the spot when I said it to him.  The double standards are obvious.  Maybe you want to rewrite those “rules” that you wrote.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

All good John.  I  don’t even remember when  Zambroski was a moderator, nor have I ever had any problems with him. He’s over on bellypan now and he is a pretty funny guy from what I can see.   He claims the reason is because of the guy we are talking about right now. I don’t know what it takes to “run“ a website like this, but surely we could find somebody who doesn’t look for so much trouble or run his mouth that much.   I fight my own battles, I never complain to you, and I was never in the middle of any battles between Zambroski and Snowrider.  I’ve had enough trouble with the Fattys and Zosos or the world with getting into my personal life, 2 dipshits that Im glad are long gone.  :lol: 

Is this a quiz?  I don’t care enough to remember, I’ve been on these boards for over 20 years, you have too I assume? In my mind, there is no difference between telling me I can’t keep a lady even though I’ve been with my wife for 15 years, and that crack I made a couple days later to Deephaven about his wife.  I don’t talk about my marital history in here, not sure why you two guys think it’s ok.  He went there first, so I responded in kind.  You didn’t say boo to him when he made the crack to me, but you were right there on the spot when I said it to him.  The double standards are obvious.  Maybe you want to rewrite those “rules” that you wrote.

The reason that you didn't have an issue with Z is because you didn't care about SR. Now you don't like Steve so you have an issue with him being an admin. What Z did was far worse than what Steve is doing IMO. Unless you think that it's OK for an admin to threaten to kick the shit out of other members on a daily basis???? Digging up work place websites and posting work photos and websites OK with you?

Not one peep from any of you when that was going on. Fact is most were joining in. The word hypocrisy comes to mind....

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yes, you are staying within the rules. I'm not asking you to agree or even respect Steve's position on his beliefs, but I am asking to please respect what he does around here. Does that make sense, LOL.

Hear way your saying👍 

But on the other hand because he does support the site in the background prevent anybody from throwing his own shit back at him?

Don't need to answer but I'm sure you know what I'm getting at 👍

13 minutes ago, Doug said:

Hear way your saying👍 

But on the other hand because he does support the site in the background prevent anybody from throwing his own shit back at him?

Don't need to answer but I'm sure you know what I'm getting at 👍

I know what your issue is and Steve has nothing to do with it. It was between Badger and me. Even when Badger went back on his word I didn't ban him like he had agreed to if he fucked up. He did it again and I only gave him a week off instead of a permanent ban. Then he went in and changed his signature line just to cause trouble. I erased it and figured that he could take a hint. Not Badger, he went back in and attacked me. That was the final straw! He earned a permanent ban. I'm not here to babysit. If members can't act like adults I'm not wasting my time. I am very easy going and it takes a lot to get banned from FS.  Congratulations to Badger!!!!

So just to clarify, if I say "Hey Steve - thanks for what you do in keeping the site up and running so John doesn't have to do the mundane stuff."  That's all I need to do?  But I can still call him out for being a punk and refer to him as a Hall Monitor - right?:lol:

2 hours ago, ckf said:

Z never needed your help.:lol: