Check your account email address ×

Old Ram let me down

Yes they are nuts. I have a 2015 ram with over 200k on it and when that engine shits the bed I'm going to just put a new one in and keep going. It's been a great truck and I'm not spending $80k+ for a new one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

'14 Ram failed to start at 3am this morning, serious electrical issue so offer it for a newer truck, truck prices are fucking nuts, got this low mileage '19 for under 30k, better equipped than old truck

20230707_154451.jpg

Nice looking truck! Congrats :bc:

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Yes they are nuts. I have a 2015 ram with over 200k on it and when that engine shits the bed I'm going to just put a new one in and keep going. It's been a great truck and I'm not spending $80k+ for a new one. 

old one had 70k on it but it was my plow truck for my business so you can imagine what it looks like underneath, retired from snowplowing so i shouldn't have the corrosion issues with this one, it was getting rough around the edges, this one will never see a plow, goy my tractor and ranger for that

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

I always liked that blue...I'm boring keep buying white trucks. 

last few trucks have been red or grey, wanted something different this time

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

I always liked that blue...I'm boring keep buying white trucks. 

To me nothing looks better than a clean black car or truck. However, keeping them clean is a challenge. White is fairly easy to keep clean and is cooler in the summer :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Friend of mine had the exhaust manifold studs break on his F150 EcoBoost. $3500 to have one replaced and $4000 for the two. He’s just going to bite it and have both done. Apparently it’s another common issue on those motors. 

16 minutes ago, ckf said:

To me nothing looks better than a clean black car or truck. However, keeping them clean is a challenge. White is fairly easy to keep clean and is cooler in the summer :thumbsup:

I owned 1 black car...never again.😔

• Haha 1

old truck served me well, made a lot of money with it but it took it's toll, plan was to pay it off, repair rust and buy a small suv for daily driver, didn't go that way, got a fair price for trade in and they have to pick up old one with a rollback as it won't run, did miss a day of work fucking around, but with as early as I go in can't fuck with a unreliable vehicle, no one to call for ride that early

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Friend of mine had the exhaust manifold studs break on his F150 EcoBoost. $3500 to have one replaced and $4000 for the two. He’s just going to bite it and have both done. Apparently it’s another common issue on those motors. 

dealer had a clean looking '15 F-350 long bed 4x4 in their ad, but when I looked at it it was a plow truck and underneath looked worse than mine, then I saw this one and well it's in my driveway

52 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

old one had 70k on it but it was my plow truck for my business so you can imagine what it looks like underneath, retired from snowplowing so i shouldn't have the corrosion issues with this one, it was getting rough around the edges, this one will never see a plow, goy my tractor and ranger for that

My 2015 has zero rust. I didn't use it as a plow truck but I hauled a lot of stuff with it. Honestly I like it better as a "winter" vehicle than my 2020 limited. The 2020 has those faggot tires and rims on it. Great on the street not so great on snow or off road

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

WTF is wrong with Ford, they’ve been having exhaust manifold issues for years……..domestic junk. Tell him to buy a Toyota Tundra, he’ll save money and headaches.

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Your friend is getting boned.

24 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Yeah. Studs breaking off in aluminum heads is pretty common. Just weld a nut to it and wham bam done deal 

buddy is always doing them on hemis 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

I thought the same. Flat rate is 6 hours and parts $400 not including the upgraded manifolds. He’s in the Atlanta area. Not sure what labor rates are down there. 

7 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yeah. Studs breaking off in aluminum heads is pretty common. Just weld a nut to it and wham bam done deal 

Doesn't matter what brand here they will all rot off.

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

I looked into it. The EcoBoost generates enough heat to literally affix the studs into the head. They often require drilling out. There’s kits available that are designed specifically for that application. I thought about taking on the job until I dug into it. I don’t need that type of headache. 

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

'14 Ram failed to start at 3am this morning, serious electrical issue so offer it for a newer truck, truck prices are fucking nuts, got this low mileage '19 for under 30k, better equipped than old truck

20230707_154451.jpg

Nice color looks good with the black stripes and wheels 👍. Couple cans of fluid film in the bedsides and rockers keep her mint for years to come.

2 hours ago, SkisNH said:

I owned 1 black car...never again.😔

Black’s not a color, it’s a lifestyle. Words of an amateur car detailed.

Edited by airflite1
  • Haha 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Agreed, I've owned several Fords, a Dodge and a Chev and had to fix exhaust manifolds on them all. Why haven't the manu's dealt with this? Been going on for 20 years or more now.

12 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Nice color looks good with the black stripes and wheels 👍. Couple cans of fluid film in the bedsides and rockers keep her mint for years to come.

I like the blacked out wheels and trim, and the hood scoops, sets the blue off nicely

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Agreed, I've owned several Fords, a Dodge and a Chev and had to fix exhaust manifolds on them all. Why haven't the manu's dealt with this? Been going on for 20 years or more now.

After my Ram needed the manifolds done, I bought stainless shorties with arp bolts...I hope I solved the issue, but only time will tell. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Yep, have 3 that have popped on my 5.3..is what it is..