Check your account email address ×

GM investing $500 million to build big new internal combustion-powered SUVs

I'd like them to give a hybrid truck a shot again.   The last one was an abysmal failure.  Combine the baby Duramax with an EV drive that works up to 25-30mph and there's no range anxiety and the fuel economy would be stellar.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'd like them to give a hybrid truck a shot again.   The last one was an abysmal failure.  Combine the baby Duramax with an EV drive that works up to 25-30mph and there's no range anxiety and the fuel economy would be stellar.

Or even in a regular Duramax.

GM better do something. They could start by firing that piece of shit CEO. The latest tear down of GM’s Hummer battery was an embarrassment. What a humiliation. Ford and GM are so far away from fielding an EV they should just give up. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Been a gm guy my whole life. Bought my first ram in 2015 because I felt it was superior. Bought second ram in 2021. Great trucks. But family cars have always been gm. Right now I am about fed up with American brand vehicles. Next personal vehicle is probably going to be jap or German. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
49 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

GM better do something. They could start by firing that piece of shit CEO. The latest tear down of GM’s Hummer battery was an embarrassment. What a humiliation. Ford and GM are so far away from fielding an EV they should just give up. 

They just adopted the Tesla Charging Standard following Ford. GM stock is pushing up today and Tesla’s stock is on the rocket ship to the moon so far this year.

Same, over GM shit. Our Tahoe was a POS, traded for an X7 and couldn't be happier.  The B58 engine has way more balls than the 5.3 and averages about 5-6 mpg better. Build quality, ride and handling are light years ahead as well. 

I have a colorado right now that's a pos as well, but you're pretty limited if you want a small truck. I'll never own another GM unless they make some major changes

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Been a gm guy my whole life. Bought my first ram in 2015 because I felt it was superior. Bought second ram in 2021. Great trucks. But family cars have always been gm. Right now I am about fed up with American brand vehicles. Next personal vehicle is probably going to be jap or German. 

Wouldn't consider any Ram other than a 3500. Rear coils are not for pick up trucks.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

And weight 5 tons.  

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

Wouldn't consider any Ram other than a 3500. Rear coils are not for pick up trucks.

I can agree with that.  Our 2500 is borderline unfit to drive through the stutter-bump turns.  What a piece of shit.

2 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Got a 2015 bighorn with 200k

2020 limited with air suspension

Both have been great

3 hours ago, Doorider said:

Same, over GM shit. Our Tahoe was a POS, traded for an X7 and couldn't be happier.  The B58 engine has way more balls than the 5.3 and averages about 5-6 mpg better. Build quality, ride and handling are light years ahead as well. 

I have a colorado right now that's a pos as well, but you're pretty limited if you want a small truck. I'll never own another GM unless they make some major changes

I had a 16 Colorado that went thru 2 engines in 10k. Rode like shit and drank gas. I will however take a drive in the new Colorado with the 4cyl turbo. 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Got a 2015 bighorn with 200k

2020 limited with air suspension

Both have been great

Groceries don't weigh much!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Doorider said:

You must have felt like you were given a new lease on life getting out of that Tahoe into an X7...

6 hours ago, hayward said:

I can agree with that.  Our 2500 is borderline unfit to drive through the stutter-bump turns.  What a piece of shit.

Leveler hitch and the problem is solved. Ram only because it is a superior pickup.

10 hours ago, Anler said:

Go with the Japanese 

22 hours ago, BOHICA said:

They just adopted the Tesla Charging Standard following Ford. GM stock is pushing up today and Tesla’s stock is on the rocket ship to the moon so far this year.

Really means nothing. They need to standardize the charging system for the ev push to even work. Telsa was first to bring one that works. They will be the usb cord of the ev market 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Mine stuff...

20230506_160915.thumb.jpg.469efb9b888b7aec02f921bccc488cec.jpg20220516_165732.thumb.jpg.73c22672cab9e41b82d3877721911e3d.jpg

Nice! Love my 340 m-sport. Catless downpipe, intake, m-performance exhaust, stage 2 MHD tune.  82k miles and only oil changes, tires and brakes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doorider said:

Nice! Love my 340 m-sport. Catless downpipe, intake, m-performance exhaust, stage 2 MHD tune.  82k miles and only oil changes, tires and brakes. 

You were supposed to post a picture.