Check your account email address ×

What you working on today?

On 7/8/2023 at 4:49 PM, Mag6240 said:

Put a timing belt kit in the Accord today… had to make a special tool to hold the light weight crank pulley to get that damn bolt out… the rest was just knuckle grinding wrenching!

5FA2795C-4F1A-4D70-9D7D-8B074AE662C7.jpeg

60799A59-18F5-407B-A557-3AB598FD0B6C.jpeg

68BD91B5-68ED-40E8-8FDD-1EA66DA16A9B.jpeg

F282917F-A903-4522-91B1-DE7240422801.jpeg

That looks like fun, not.  My hands looked like that first couple weekends after I got the boat home and spending time down in the bilge.  :lol: 

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, IRONDOG said:

Just finished up a couple of crankshaft rebuilds on 1976 Mercury SNO-TWISTER Kohler 440 engines.

IMG_20231011_172516841.jpg

1697054013892.jpg

IMG_20231010_191704061.jpg

Can you still get parts for those things?  My uncle used to collect and race a few of those rippers back in the day.

Dragging the trailer out of storage and throwing some fresh sneakers on it, figuring whats up with the wiring.  Damn lights worked solid for 10+ years, guess its time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IRONDOG said:

Just finished up a couple of crankshaft rebuilds on 1976 Mercury SNO-TWISTER Kohler 440 engines.

IMG_20231011_172516841.jpg

1697054013892.jpg

IMG_20231010_191704061.jpg

Very cool. I love the old sleds. Even the name is cool.

That looks like a starrett last word indicator. :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member

My projects are a little easier on the hands right now..... Have the week off and plan on changing out the pre-charged water tank which I think the bladder has ruptured, also plan on ordering a repair kit for our dryer to replace the belt and the pulleys... Some of the projects I have planned for the week.:bc:....

Figure I'll probably be ordering most of this through Amazon, So I decided to cash out some coins that have been lying around to pay for it. Going to a coinstar where they don't deduct any percentage for an Amazon gift card..........

Any guesses how much is in this Poland spring bottle?.     Heading to store now.

20231015_134533.jpg

Finished up with the sled, dragged the trailer out.  3 new tires to the 1 added last year, a little grease, washed, probably gonna hit it with some compound, ran out of ambition  this afternoon.  Kids/grandkids coming over for steaks on the grill later.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

$210

$360.56:bc:....damn way more than I expected in that bottle. Have another one ready to go and then I have a 5 gallon glass jug full to the brim. Probably sitting 40 years plus.   I imagine several thousands in that one.....but will have to check for the possibility of some valuable coins in that one too. 

20231015_150205.jpg

2 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

$360.56:bc:....damn way more than I expected in that bottle. Have another one ready to go and then I have a 5 gallon glass jug full to the brim. Probably sitting 40 years plus.   I imagine several thousands in that one.....but will have to check for the possibility of some valuable coins in that one too. 

20231015_150205.jpg

This just gave me a great idea!

:lol:

I'll need your address though if I lose the bet!

37 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

This just gave me a great idea!

:lol:

I'll need your address though if I lose the bet!

Don't even think about it.....Kramer :lmao:... My name ain't Gack

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

My projects are a little easier on the hands right now..... Have the week off and plan on changing out the pre-charged water tank which I think the bladder has ruptured, also plan on ordering a repair kit for our dryer to replace the belt and the pulleys... Some of the projects I have planned for the week.:bc:....

Figure I'll probably be ordering most of this through Amazon, So I decided to cash out some coins that have been lying around to pay for it. Going to a coinstar where they don't deduct any percentage for an Amazon gift card..........

Any guesses how much is in this Poland spring bottle?.     Heading to store now.

20231015_134533.jpg

Swear jar?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

20231015_134533.jpg

I use a classic Kraft peanut butter Teddy Bear jar. It used to hold $400-500 in change but since the wife started counting it only holds $125. :dunno:

IMG_6579.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Swear jar?

Just kept throwing the change from my pockets at the end of the week...added up pretty quick, even though I leave my change in the tip jar at Dunkin Donuts everyday....it would probably be double.

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

It will be when he drops it on his foot. 

The 5 gallon one has to be handled with a hand truck.... probably 300 hundred pounds.  Cant even lift it to drop on my foot.

45 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I use a classic Kraft peanut butter Teddy Bear jar. It used to hold $400-500 in change but since the wife started counting it only holds $125. :dunno:

IMG_6579.jpeg

:lol:Looks like you leave out the pennies in that one.

37 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Just kept throwing the change from my pockets at the end of the week...added up pretty quick, even though I leave my change in the tip jar at Dunkin Donuts everyday....it would probably be double.

The 5 gallon one has to be handled with a hand truck.... probably 300 hundred pounds.  Cant even lift it to drop on my foot.

:lol:Looks like you leave out the pennies in that one.

No pennies in Canada my friend.

The Royal Canadian Mint stopped producing and distributing pennies in Canada as of February 4, 2013 due to rising costs relative to face value and the significant handling costs of the penny for retailers, financial institutions and the economy in general.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Adding another 200ah of lithium batteries to the van. 

What will you have for total amp hours after you add the 200?