Check your account email address ×

Texas shooting caught on camera.

7 people shot in overnight shootings on city’s South Side

by: Neshmia Malik, Andrea Medina

Posted: May 7, 2023 / 06:59 AM CDT

Updated: May 7, 2023 / 06:18 PM CDT

CHICAGO — Seven people are injured from overnight shootings on the city’s South Side in Englewood, Back of the Yards and Hyde Park.

Police reported that three men were leaving a business near the 5300 block of South Lake Park Avenue in Hyde Park when an unidentified man fired shots into a crowd. One man was shot in the left arm and another man was shot in the abdomen.

Both men were taken to the hospital and are listed in good condition.

Another man suffered a gunshot wound to the abdomen and right side of the hip and was transported to the hospital in critical condition.

Police said a black charger was seen driving away at a high speed at the same time.

Police also confirmed a 22-year-old woman was shot in the upper back when a fight broke out near the 1300 block of West 47th Street around 11:00 p.m. in Back of the Yards. She was transported to the hospital in good condition.

An hour later, police reported of an armed robbery where a 59-year-old man was shot multiple times in the 5500 block of South Bishop Avenue in the Back of the Yards neighborhood. He was transported to a hospital in good condition.

A 41-year-old woman was sitting in a car near the 1000 block of West 70th Street around 10:28 p.m. in Englewood when a group of men shot at her vehicle multiple times. She sustained a gunshot wound to the face and was transported to the hospital in critical condition.

According to police, a 27-year-old man was driving his car southbound near the 4500 block of South Honore Street around 12:25 a.m. when he observed a group standing at a corner. He then saw a blue laser, heard shots and felt pain. The man sustained a gunshot wound to the right shoulder and was transported to the hospital in critical condition.

There is no one in custody for any of the incident and police are actively investigating.

Edited by SlugsOnSleds
  • Like 1

Kind of a daily thing?   

I can’t imagine what the reactions would be if the National media would report on a weekend here.  

Over 3 dollars shot up a store hitting 3 innocent people. 

9AF3FE00-3537-4C9C-BC70-5961E2B966FD.jpeg

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
27 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Kind of a daily thing?   

I can’t imagine what the reactions would be if the National media would report on a weekend here.  

Over 3 dollars shot up a store hitting 3 innocent people. 

9AF3FE00-3537-4C9C-BC70-5961E2B966FD.jpeg

Nah man….these don’t matter and just get swept under the rug or ignored. Not the big splash the media likes 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
9 hours ago, HSR said:

See that's something I'm just not able to fathom. What a sad time for your country, it really is. If I felt I needed to pack going to the mall I'll guarantee you my wife and kids would NOT be allowed to go,period .I wear a tekvest sledding I can't imagine needed a vest to go shopping.

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

terribly sad... and you have kids as well don't you?

this is the world we want to raise our children in, feeling the need to pack heat to go to the outlet mall?   

i sincerely just don't get it...

Yea 3 kids. 

I live in a pretty safe area so Its not that I really feel I HAVE to, or that they are in danger. I just would rather have it on me.  Really no reason not too if you have a CCW at this point. 

I blame our LACK of REAL culture, bad Politics , Movies , Music,  Video Games , and drugs legal and illegal. 

Mental health is totally fucked and we have way too many criminals walking the streets and way to many unstable people. And sorry but the "melting pot" isnt working. Too many immigrants . We should have stricter immigration laws. 

Until we have some real leadership in this Country I see no change. Only a continued downward spiral of no borders , no genders, no laws. Whats up is down and left is right. The whole system is fucked top to bottom and call me crazy but IMO, on purpose.:dirol:  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Nah man….these don’t matter and just get swept under the rug or ignored. Not the big splash the media likes 

The freeway shootings 

The car jackings

Down town shootings 

crazy, how it is ignored. 

• Gold Member
Just now, Cold War said:

The freeway shootings 

The car jackings

Down town shootings 

crazy, how it is ignored. 

Not worth reporting because it doesnt get the cucked libtard white men and soccer Moms upset :read:

25 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Yea 3 kids. 

I live in a pretty safe area so Its not that I really feel I HAVE to, or that they are in danger. I just would rather have it on me.  Really no reason not too if you have a CCW at this point. 

I blame our LACK of REAL culture, bad Politics , Movies , Music,  Video Games , and drugs legal and illegal. 

Mental health is totally fucked and we have way too many criminals walking the streets and way to many unstable people. And sorry but the "melting pot" isnt working. Too many immigrants . We should have stricter immigration laws. 

Until we have some real leadership in this Country I see no change. Only a continued downward spiral of no borders , no genders, no laws. Whats up is down and left is right. The whole system is fucked top to bottom and call me crazy but IMO, on purpose.:dirol:  

We have the laws, theyre just not being enforced.  Saw a meme that put the clarity of the corruption into focus recently.  How much did the Democrats fight on funding the wall to the tune of 4 bllion or so…..yet how many billion have we sent to a non ally not Nato member without any national debate?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Yea 3 kids. 

Good luck with that. Mental health workers have abandoned the field. Psych wards have disappeared. And prisons make people more mentally unstable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Good luck with that. Mental health workers have abandoned the field. Psych wards have disappeared. And prisons make people more mentally unstable. 

We are so screwed  :sad: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/7/2023 at 2:00 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

I know what you would do…piss yourself and pass out ya’ fucking rummy.😂

Loot!!!

Screenshot_20230508_142909_Samsung Internet.jpg

Various news sources are releasing photos of the Texas shooter. He has two giant Nazi tattoos on his body -- one on his arm and one on his chest. Some of the stuff he posted on neo-Nazi websites is being released as well. He hated women and minorities, he worshipped Hitler, and he proudly wore a "Right Wing Death Squad" patch. 

A couple of you can continue to deny reality by clinging to the "fake news" excuse you always mention when you don't like the truth, or you could venture away from your single news source and look at a few others. As for me, if a Dem does something evil, I don't cry "fake news!" By the same token, if a Republican does something evil, I don't cry "fake news" either. I value the truth over political affiliation.

Edited by CaddisFly
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CaddisFly said:

Various news sources are releasing photos of the Texas shooter. He has two giant Nazi tattoos on his body -- one on his arm and one on his chest. Some of the stuff he posted on neo-Nazi websites is being released as well. He hated women and minorities, he worshipped Hitler, and he proudly wore a "Right Wing Death Squad" patch. 

A couple of you can continue to deny reality by clinging to the "fake news" excuse you always mention when you don't like the truth, or you could venture away from your single news source and look at a few others. As for me, if a Dem does something evil, I don't cry "fake news!" By the same token, if a Republican does something evil, I don't cry "fake news" either. I value the truth over political affiliation.

Wasn't the guy's name Muricio Garcia and was Latino?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Wasn't the guy's name Muricio Garcia and was Latino?

He identified as white.  
poster also left out a long history of mental health issues. He was a self proclaimed nut case. 

• Gold Member
21 hours ago, spin_dry said:

True facts. Totally agree