Check your account email address ×

The Teach Act

There's a K-9th school two blocks from me here in AZ.  There is ONE way in.  There is a police squad car parked out front at all times on school days from about 6:30 am to 4 pm.  In addition to the city police, there is a school resource officer, who's also armed.  It's a hardened target.  They don't have to train or arm teachers.  Only way a shooter is getting into that school is if they bring a squad, and even then, they're funneled right into a shooting lane.

This isn't complicated...

We spend far more per pupil in this country than the rest of the world.  Take some of that teachers union parasite money and funnel it into security.  No school should be a "gun free zone."

• Like 3

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, HSR said:

Great way to drive people away from the Teaching profession. Just DAF. Never gonna happen, ever. Not one single teacher I know would be interested in the job if they had to be trained and armed to do it.

If we need armed teachers we have utterly failed as a society. Cops in schools is bad enough.

• Like 4

The kids would be better behaved if they didn't take the teachers right to discipline them like they could when I was in school. My 1st grade teacher picked me up out of my seat by my ear. I never did that again in Mrs. Merrill's class :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

The kids would be better behaved if they didn't take the teachers right to discipline them like they could when I was in school. My 1st grade teacher picked me up out of my seat by my ear. I never did that again in Mrs. Merrill's class :lol:

You definitely didn't want to see the principal at my elementary school.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HSR said:

So you guys can't trust teachers to not be groomers but your OK with depending on some teacher with a gun fetish to look after your child? No thanks.

Most feel underpaid and overloaded as is,, not going to take on bodyguards position.

How much gang activity are you guys seeing in elementary schools? What age are they joining gangs now 6,7,8??

No teacher would be forced to carry , calm  down before you get “the vapors”

:lipstick1:

Edited by Sleepr2

57 minutes ago, HSR said:

So Badger claims to know MANY male teachers willing to carry and I bet you're talking about mostly male teachers. But here's the catch,40 yr old women aren't interested in "packing" at school.

There are over 1,650,500 elementary school teachers currently employed in the United States. 80.5% of all elementary school teachers are women, while 19.5% are men. The average age of an employed elementary school teacher is 42 years old.

Nope ,  one of them is a woman 

Just now, Matt said:

You definitely didn't want to see the principal at my elementary school.

Exactly!! After they took the rights of the teachers they started to take it away from parents. I'm just guessing, but I doubt many of today's youth get taken to the wood shed.

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

Exactly!! After they took the rights of the teachers they started to take it away from parents. I'm just guessing, but I doubt many of today's youth get taken to the wood shed.

I was the slow learner of the family. 

I got spanked twice.  

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

Mr. Balla would throw the wooden handled chalk board brushes at us for talking in class,,,hard too. I once saw him stuff my buddy Bobby head first into the schoolyard garbage can for acting up. Mr. Garafalo grabbed a baseball bat out of my hands and took out the 8th grade bully Dennis at the knees from 30 yards away.Only reason I never got "the strap" across the knuckles was my dad was a cop and threatened to charge the principal. He told him only he could hit me and gave me one upside the head, done :lol:

Yeah, the whole idea of having consequences for actions, it worked.  Why have we abandoned that?  Probably the fear of being sued.  I’m not advocating taking knees out or a wrap upside the head, but it worked for a lot of us growing up.  I know for a fact I would have ended up going down the wrong track if my father had not stepped in a few times.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ckf said:

Our shop teachers always said NO Horse Play in shop class or else.... fuck around and find out, they would sneak up behind you and get a hold of those fine hairs on the back of your neck, stand you up on your tippy toes while pulling up on those fine hairs and walk out of the classroom an have a Nice little chat with you in the hallway...... :lolz:

• Haha 1

JMO, if a teacher wants to carry they should be allowed, but they must qualify just like a police officer does at a shooting range and go thru some of the same training as law enforcement does. To qualify and carry is one thing but how are they going to react when the real thing happens and you actually have to pull your firearm and take a shot to kill someone? What happens if the person the teacher shoots lives, can the teacher or school district be sued? What happens if a round or 3 hits or kills someone besides the intended target? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

I remember Mr. Bowers dragging my ass over a lab table by my belt loop and tossing me out of class..:lol:

I deserved it,..I was an asshole of a student at thet point in life

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I remember Mr. Bowers dragging my ass over a lab table by my belt loop and tossing me out of class..:lol:

My class had Cody. 

Cody had and still has issues. 

He would run around our high school chemistry room all the time causing a scene.  

Our one chem teacher wouldn't take his shit and stepped in front of him to get him to quit.

You know those hard as shit black table tops? 

He tried to swerve around the teacher and took a corner of one of those to his rib cage.  Broke 2 or 3 ribs.

He was a amateur wrestler/professional drug addict after high school and now has an extended stay in the cooler.  

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

My class had Cody. 

He would run around our high school chemistry room all the time causing a scene.  

Our one chem teacher wouldn't take his shit and stepped in front of him to get him to quit.

He tried to swerve around the teacher and took a corner of one of those to his rib cage.  Broke 2 or 3 ribs.

He was a amateur wrestler/professional drug addict after high school and now has an extended stay in the cooler.  

See if some on here had their way the teacher could just put a cap in Cody's ass and save the future headaches!!!!!

Clean up to the Chem room, clean up to the Chem room. Student expelled.

PTA gunfights could be epic news!!!! Or when the teacher snaps and takes out an entire classroom. The possibilities are endless!!!! More guns, more killings ,Win Win amirite?

49 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

In 8th grade I got jacked up against the lockers by Mr. Putnam and he was so mad while he was yelling at me, he blew a booger right out his nose onto my shirt.  Funny how you never forget shit like that.  :lol: I think he was embarrassed cuz he instantly let me go and just yelled at me to get back to class. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

In 8th grade I got jacked up against the lockers by Mr. Putnam and he was so mad while he was yelling at me, he blew a booger right out his nose onto my shirt.  Funny how you never forget shit like that.  :lol: I think he was embarrassed cuz he instantly let me go and just yelled at me to get back to class. 

Probably because you enjoyed eating it after.:puke:

• Platinum Contributing Member
41 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

My class had Cody. 

Yup! Like black concrete!! LMFAO :lol:

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, ckf said:

Yep my father never once took my side over a teachers. In fact a few times he went into school to suggest I get a more stringent penalty. 

• Haha 2

Back in my schools days mom would ask what you did and what was the penalty. You would explain I have to stay after and write a 500 word composition. She would then say “did the teacher hit you”? I said no….she says well why not, he should have smacked you in the head.

Todays parents would have called their lawyer.

• Haha 1

Good to see all of us have had our run-ins with "old school" teachers ... I wish that stuff was still allowed today.  Although most of it needs to happen at home, and that's the difference between most of us older guys and the little shits nowdays - the majority of us were scared shitless of dad coming home and whupping our ass!

Nothing like sounding like an old curmudgeon, eh? :whistle:

• Like 2

• Gold Member
44 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Good to see all of us have had our run-ins with "old school" teachers ... I wish that stuff was still allowed today.  Although most of it needs to happen at home, and that's the difference between most of us older guys and the little shits nowdays - the majority of us were scared shitless of dad coming home and whupping our ass!

Nothing like sounding like an old curmudgeon, eh? :whistle:

You're not wrong!