Check your account email address ×

The Teach Act

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Up here, they lock the doors once school starts. No metal detector, no armed guards, no armed resource "officers" and more importantly no school shootings. Is it that we have ZERO mental health issues in Canada or is it possibly something else??:dunno:

:lol: You read some of the shit Canadian's post on here............. :lolz: 

I'll take "Something Else" for $800 Alex............... :thumbsup:

• Platinum Contributing Member
52 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

security guard?  

can't imagine feeling the need to bring a firearm... to work 

Nope, run a high end European car repair facility.

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Nope, run a high end European car repair facility.

lot of mass shooters or would be thieves coming in?  you're in Chi-town though aren't you?

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

lot of mass shooters or would be thieves coming in?  you're in Chi-town though aren't you?

I'm in Syracuse, NY. City is a bit over half a million people.. I drive by 100 would be thieves/Drug addicts every morning on my way to work and was the victim of a home invasion robbery (Pre owning firearms and having kids). I'm not naive to what goes on in the real world and neither are all my coworkers who also all carry.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I'm in Syracuse, NY. City is a bit over half a million people.. I drive by 100 would be thieves/Drug addicts every morning on my way to work and was the victim of a home invasion robbery (Pre owning firearms and having kids). I'm not naive to what goes on in the real world and neither are all my coworkers who also all carry.

I'd move... 

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

You need to take some people and their emotional outrage and put it in context.  Guns are scary - especially if law abiding, certified owners who've gone through the proper training are seen carrying :news: 

If the workplace allows it, have at it :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Cool!

just saying... 

that's part of the reason my parents moved us out of Racine Wisconsin in 1974 ... to live in an area with far less crime and worry, better schools and a better life.  $ wasn't priority #1, family was.

Guns are scary :lol: holy fuck. Yeah a tranny walking up to an elementary school with a semi auto rifle is supposed to be a normal thing. JFC you guys it's not about the guns it's about zero fucking control you guys have in the USA due to your "culture". If you guys are ok with these kids laying down their lives for YOUR right to bear arms at LEAST have a national holiday like Remembrance Day.

Threads about mass shootings IN SCHOOLS not you guys carrying your little pew-pew-pew guns. But hey let's keep changing the topic because My GUNZ!!!!!

7 minutes ago, HSR said:

Guns are scary :lol: holy fuck. Yeah a tranny walking up to an elementary school with a semi auto rifle is supposed to be a normal thing. JFC you guys it's not about the guns it's about zero fucking control you guys have in the USA due to your "culture". If you guys are ok with these kids laying down their lives for YOUR right to bear arms at LEAST have a national holiday like Remembrance Day.

Threads about mass shootings IN SCHOOLS not you guys carrying your little pew-pew-pew guns. But hey let's keep changing the topic because My GUNZ!!!!!

Is that outrage aimed at @Rigid1 or me?  Or is it aimed at @Crnr2Crnr since that's where the question was raised about carrying at work?

• Gold Member

Small town less than 2k population. I have two kids and their school is always locked you have to be buzzed in on a video screen. They have an officer out front every so often too. I can’t see any of their teachers wanting anything to do with carrying a gun at school and I wouldn’t want my kids to potentially have access to it. I see and know people who carry every day. I ran into my old neighbor at the movies open carrying his pistol like an old western one time lol.

14 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

just saying... 

that's part of the reason my parents moved us out of Racine Wisconsin in 1974 ... to live in an area with far less crime and worry, better schools and a better life.  $ wasn't priority #1, family was.

I live out in the country, a fairly rural area. My kids go to a very good school. I work in the city. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HSR said:

I answered a question I was asked by Cnr2cnr.:dunno:

• Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 2:12 PM, Jerry 976 said:

JMO, if a teacher wants to carry they should be allowed, but they must qualify just like a police officer does at a shooting range and go thru some of the same training as law enforcement does. To qualify and carry is one thing but how are they going to react when the real thing happens and you actually have to pull your firearm and take a shot to kill someone? What happens if the person the teacher shoots lives, can the teacher or school district be sued? What happens if a round or 3 hits or kills someone besides the intended target? 

armed teachers aren't going to stop jack shit, same as most here wouldn't be able to do jack shit ... to be blunt.

most people in life when presented with a fight or flight scenario will choose flight.    

I still find this troubling...

On 4/29/2023 at 3:59 PM, Kivalo said:

Yep my father never once took my side over a teachers. In fact a few times he went into school to suggest I get a more stringent penalty. 

ever heard the phrase wait until your father gets home?

On 4/29/2023 at 4:38 PM, Bontz said:

Good to see all of us have had our run-ins with "old school" teachers ... I wish that stuff was still allowed today.  Although most of it needs to happen at home, and that's the difference between most of us older guys and the little shits nowdays - the majority of us were scared shitless of dad coming home and whupping our ass!

Nothing like sounding like an old curmudgeon, eh? :whistle:

my father was a high school 'shop teacher' and had numerous run ins over the years with kids that thought they were hard asses.  mid 1980's is when shit changed as far as school staff being 'able' to physically deal with a student.  to this day there's people I'll run across as grown adults that tell me how wonderful of a teacher he was and how he helped guide them forward in life.  he had his own share of personal issues though and checked out far too young.  he would be proud of his granddaughter.  

• Like 1

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I answered a question I was asked by Cnr2cnr.:dunno:

I hear ya :thumbsup:   I just think the OP topic gets swept under the rug too easy around here and it always turns into something else. The fact that we are even discussing armed teacher should have all you guys hanging your heads in absolute shame. It's disgusting what is going on in the US and all I ever hear is "my rights". 

Mental health issue?Is the US the only country in the world that suffers from this or what makes you guys different?

38 minutes ago, HSR said:

I hear ya :thumbsup:   I just think the OP topic gets swept under the rug too easy around here and it always turns into something else. The fact that we are even discussing armed teacher should have all you guys hanging your heads in absolute shame. It's disgusting what is going on in the US and all I ever hear is "my rights". 

Mental health issue?Is the US the only country in the world that suffers from this or what makes you guys different?

the world has changed and is changing this very moment... and some just don't want to hear about it or change their mindset or viewpoint with what's actually going on in the world.   

this entire forum is evidence of it... and we're never going to maga the way some desire. 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the world has changed and is changing this very moment... and some just don't want to hear about it or change their mindset or viewpoint with what's actually going on in the world.   

this entire forum is evidence of it... and we're never going maga the way some desire. 

Yes and I personally think that you guys are going to have a generation of kids that have been directly or indirectly through friends and family affected by a mass/school shooting. What do you guys think their takeaway will be? Guns good? Guns bad? The irony is the future generations are going to be who wants to disarm America, not the gooberment. And it will be their own undoing by not handling it when they had the chance.

51 minutes ago, HSR said:

Yes and I personally think that you guys are going to have a generation of kids that have been directly or indirectly through friends and family affected by a mass/school shooting. What do you guys think their takeaway will be? Guns good? Guns bad? The irony is the future generations are going to be who wants to disarm America, not the gooberment. And it will be their own undoing by not handling it when they had the chance.

I haven't been personally effected or my kids as of yet. But I don't blame a gun for this going on, I think blaming a gun for a shooting is the correct thought process and is letting someone who made a conscious decision to do something like that off the hook way to easy

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I haven't been personally effected or my kids as of yet. But I don't blame a gun for this going on, I think blaming a gun for a shooting is the correct thought process and is letting someone who made a conscious decision to do something like that off the hook way to easy

maybe, possibly... part of the issue related to whom has the guns? 

which almost always devolves into a 'its mah second amendment right' quarrel.

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

So you think it's more of a mental health issue correct?

Every country in the world suffers from a population with mental health issues. Why is the US the world leader in mass shootings and especially school shootings? What is the major difference here?

Is it the fact that just about anyone can walk into a store, pick up a dozen donuts and an AR-15 all in the same store? Maybe a little bit?

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

So you think it's more of a mental health issue correct?

Every country in the world suffers from a population with mental health issues. Why is the US the world leader in mass shootings and especially school shootings? What is the major difference here?

Is it the fact that just about anyone can walk into a store, pick up a dozen donuts and an AR-15 all in the same store? Maybe a little bit?

based upon our obesity rate there should be a mandatory waiting period for the donuts 

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

Yup - same for our elementary and middle/high school buildings.  Visitors are unable to enter the school unless buzzing in at the one set of doors on the administrative end of the buildings.

Requires an ID scan here as well.

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Same on being buzzed in... But that wouldn't stop a student from walking in before school with a small arsenal in their backpack though without metal detectors.    

Backpacks have to be small here now so no big arsenal.

3 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

:lol: You read some of the shit Canadian's post on here............. :lolz: 

I'll take "Something Else" for $800 Alex............... :thumbsup:

Something else indeed.

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'd move... 

Good idea

19 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

based upon our obesity rate there should be a mandatory waiting period for the donuts 

A long one too