Check your account email address ×

Beginning of Cat's demise

2 hours ago, Anler said:

That being said I'm gonna buy this in the fall and powder coat all of the aluminum black! I like this chassis better than the xs and the gen4's are just too damn expensive. 

2000000011.jpg

That looks like something a mezza fanook would ride, and it will look like something a full blown fanook would ride when you powder coat the aluminum black...WTF are you smoking :lol: 

16 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

IMO, they should leave the Cat name on either the SXS or the quads and put the Textron name on the other.

The Arctic Cat name doesn't mean shit in the deep south, Textron has a stellar rep in the south :bc:  

5 hours ago, 02sled said:

I guess I had better start spreading the word to all those women that have gotten into the sledding with increasing numbers that they were wrong to do so.

Old ladies like you are clearly the backbone of the sport.

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

That looks like something a mezza fanook would ride, and it will look like something a full blown fanook would ride when you powder coat the aluminum black...WTF are you smoking :lol: 

have you ever looked a picture of yourself wearing your piss green outfit when sitting on your piss green sled?

7 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

That can be my new handle ... Smokey the fanook!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Boered said:

have you ever looked a picture of yourself wearing your piss green outfit when sitting on your piss green sled?

Why yes, yes I have and I must say I looked at that photo admiringly.

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

That can be my new handle ... Smokey the fanook!

:lol: 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Anler said:

:lol: that's a fucking lie dude. Everyone with and etec on this site and butt hurt island has never had an issue with their etecs. Ground grouse lummox has over 10k oh his now. 

10k miles on my 14 in 3 years now 3,600 on my 16 holdover I bought this year. :news:

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I actually like cat gear they have always made good shit . I only own there jackets well actually coats. the coats are longer . I get a new boondocker coat hold over every other yr . they give the old shit away . and the boondocker stuff is good . I was pissed off when they sold gortex rights away to klim so they could be exclusive . that is when I quit buying there pants . I run motor fist pants and gloves and boots  also because good stuff and they sell last yrs shit cheep

I have an Arctic Cat TXI helmet and love it. Even says Arctic Cat on it cause IDGAF what I look like and it was only $90, plus I had a hard time finding a helmet to fit my big dome. Not a fan of modular helmets, but I need to pick up a moto-x or some other style of helmet for spring riding though

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GGNHL said:

10k miles on my 14 in 3 years now 3,600 on my 16 holdover I bought this year. :news:

I have an Arctic Cat TXI helmet and love it. Even says Arctic Cat on it cause IDGAF what I look like and it was only $90, plus I had a hard time finding a helmet to fit my big dome. Not a fan of modular helmets, but I need to pick up a moto-x or some other style of helmet for spring riding though

I love my TXI

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

ls2_helmets_ls2_helmets_kurt_easy_rider_

12 hours ago, Anler said:

That being said I'm gonna buy this in the fall and powder coat all of the aluminum black! I like this chassis better than the xs and the gen4's are just too damn expensive. 

2000000011.jpg

When are they going to start to put curves and smooth edges back on sleds. They all look like the were cut from pine in a 8th grade wood shop class these days

2 hours ago, GGNHL said:

I was going to get a txi but decided to give the BV2S a try this year,  it really is worth the money,  while a bit heavy the fact i never once had to plug it in in 2500 miles was awesome.  There was 1 day i would have ahd to but i wore my MX,  the Perm was frozen over all day as he bought the non electric BV2,

I've had 3-4 MX helmets,  love the current Fly F2 CF it's light and the breath deflector setups so good i wore it below zero on offtrail days and it was fine,  still wouldn't want to run a -10 degree day at trail speeds with it.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

Not a big deal in my book.  The crossover from sleds to ATV/UTV while significant is only a part of the market.  A huge % of the dirt market doesn't sled and never will.    BRP basically did the same with the Can-Am name.  Having a winter based name on the dirt market really don't make sense.

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

When are they going to start to put curves and smooth edges back on sleds. They all look like the were cut from pine in a 8th grade wood shop class these days

:bc:

img (2).jpg

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not a big deal in my book.  The crossover from sleds to ATV/UTV while significant is only a part of the market.  A huge % of the dirt market doesn't sled and never will.    BRP basically did the same with the Can-Am name.  Having a winter based name on the dirt market really don't make sense.

Difference is people knew the name Can Am already.

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

I really like the ones with the white tunnels and the blue panels. 

They are sweet but IMHO the Poo's are the best looking sleds on the market with their combinations of graphics.  Personally I love their styling and they sit fucking awesome.   I just wanted something with a lot more power.  I'm leaning at getting a mountain sled again and if I do it will be a poo. :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

They are sweet but IMHO the Poo's are the best looking sleds on the market with their combinations of graphics.  Personally I love their styling and they sit fucking awesome.   I just wanted something with a lot more power.  I'm leaning at getting a mountain sled again and if I do it will be a poo. :lol:  

poos look great outside the 136 and 120 class sleds that look like abortions from the side and back

11 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I need to know....what is a mezza fanook? :lol:

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

poos look great outside the 136 and 120 class sleds that look like abortions from the side and back

Any of the Rushs' are awful.   I'm only talking about the standard suspension RMK/Switchback Assaults.  

Edited by Highmark