Check your account email address ×

Beginning of Cat's demise

3 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Speaking of trail attire , what's your getup consist of , the shit and piss stained underwear that you've been wearing for 3 months or a pokadot Bozo the Clown costume ?  :dunno:

I actually like cat gear they have always made good shit . I only own there jackets well actually coats. the coats are longer . I get a new boondocker coat hold over every other yr . they give the old shit away . and the boondocker stuff is good . I was pissed off when they sold gortex rights away to klim so they could be exclusive . that is when I quit buying there pants . I run motor fist pants and gloves and boots  also because good stuff and they sell last yrs shit cheep

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I actually like cat gear they have always made good shit . I only own there jackets well actually coats. the coats are longer . I get a new boondocker coat hold over every other yr . they give the old shit away . and the boondocker stuff is good . I was pissed off when they sold gortex rights away to klim so they could be exclusive . that is when I quit buying there pants . I run motor fist pants and gloves and boots  also because good stuff and they sell last yrs shit cheep

I think the only cat gear that I have is a few pairs of gloves .  Other than that , it's a Klim jacket , boots , Scorpion modular helmet with a bozo the clown wig , and an old pair of Coldwave bibs that I bought back in 03 or 4

29 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

I'm thinking heavy on just that. I'll likely keep the Z1 for the rivers and have a 600 for the trails 

How many people do you know that can outride an 800cc machine?

That is my justification.

Edited by racinfarmer

7 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I think the only cat gear that I have is a few pairs of gloves .  Other than that , it's a Klim jacket , boots , Scorpion modular helmet with a bozo the clown wig , and an old pair of Coldwave bibs that I bought back in 03 or 4

lol I still have a old school set of Rima bibs for cold weather trail . those things are fucking bullet proof . they deff do not make gear that good any more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

The 2 cyl laydown engine that cat has had in 700 and 800 for more than ten years is the best engine year to year that comes in a snowmobile. Add to that the Yamaha engine and all that it brings and the new 800 due next year puts Cat ahead of Polaris.

And the C-Tec's laydowns are bulletproof too as that laydown design just keeps cranks living forever.

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

How many people do you know that can outride an 800cc machine?

That is my justification.

I am with u on the 600 for a trail sled . it is what I went with for a trail sled . I am also really in to the smaller bikes now . I love my 390 duke I love being in twisty tight roads and using the whole throttle range  and the fact it weighs nothing . I coud have brought a bigger bike west last summer but I brought the 390 and loved it . unloaded at every mountain pass and it was heaven .

20160906_153423.jpg

20160908_092804.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

lol I still have a old school set of Rima bibs for cold weather trail . those things are fucking bullet proof . they deff do not make gear that good any more

I have three 2005 Arctic Cat Gore-Tex lime green long shells, I bought the last one about 4 years ago. I use the two oldest ones for guy trip and I keep the newest one for trips with the wife :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Speaking of Cat , does anyone know who this PJ Wandershied guy is before I tell him to go eat a cock on FB ??? 

Two time Eagle River World champion, plus numerous other oval championships. 

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

What do you mean legit?  His brother's started and own Country Cat.

Figured you would know that's why I threw it out there , before I got too mouthy with the guy  :lol:  The Textron / ATV discussion is going on over there too .   I just think the name " Textron" doesn't sound right on an atv line

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

Figured you would know that's why I threw it out there , before I got too mouthy with the guy  :lol:  The Textron / ATV discussion is going on over there too .   I just think the name " Textron" doesn't sound right on an atv line

It doesn't  I just had a ATV/ORV engineer at Cat leave my garage not two hours ago.  Interesting stuff.:bc:

I do know Textron was at Country Cat before and after they bought Cat talking to them.:bc:

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

They are going to keep the names like Wildcat, Prowler, etc.

9 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Two time Eagle River World champion, plus numerous other oval championships. 

6 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

They are going to keep the names like Wildcat, Prowler, etc.

Oh  well I don't friking know , Vin , I've got fights going on all over the web tonight , I thought the name sounded familiar tho  :lol: