Check your account email address ×

How many of us will admit it?

Bontz

• Platinum Contributing Member

Considering the massive gains the GOP supposedly had in virtually every demographic and didn't get huge gains in the midterms I'm not sure they can do anything and win the WH.  Trump, DeSantis, Sununu...whoever gets the nomination. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I know I'm not the only one who agrees with Trump's policies (most of them anyway), and have voted for him in the past.  But after this past week's debacle, and what should have been the "red wave", it's clear that Trump is losing steam.  Between his personality and the battles he has to go through with the Dems and the MSM ... it's just not going to end well.  For the betterment of the country, the sooner he steps aside the better off we'll be in getting a legit chance at that red wave.  He needs to announce that he's stepping down, and cannot continue the fight any longer ... he's too old, and flat out just too toxic at this point.  Who else can admit that (other than the usual TDS'ers)?

No, I'm not contracting TDS.  I just think the writing is on the wall, and he simply cannot win.  If he couldn't beat Sleepy Joe when he had all the support in 2020, there's no way he's going to beat whoever else that wins the Dem ticket in 2024.

how many trials and prosections will he be involved in during the next twelve months? 

I've lost count...

1bee1b3b32352411e853e18d42949593.gif.a6e1ccc1e3e2582bbf323e0fdcf670e5.gif

Should I have called them 'witch hunts' ?

good luck with Cult45 @Bontz ;)  

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Yep.  He is going to cook whoever in the GOP has aspirations of being president.  And if he loses in the primary I can see an independent bid for the general by him

100% on the independent bid. The media would gobble it up. Entertainment factor at an eleventy million. He's already laid the groundwork by claiming elements within the GOP are conspiring against him. Overall though, the GOP is filled with weak cunts and weasels who'll hang on Trump's nipples if it means a boost. The public approval tide has to shift fairly dramatically for those sucklers to let go. It might be happening. 

10 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Yep.  He is going to cook whoever in the GOP has aspirations of being president.  And if he loses in the primary I can see an independent bid for the general by him

I agree and while I wish he would just go away can you blame him?  No politician has ever been treated like this.  Not even remotely.   We can all say what we want but if you put yourself in his shoes you would be out for retribution as well.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

100% on the independent bid. The media would gobble it up. Entertainment factor at an eleventy million. He's already laid the groundwork by claiming elements within the GOP are conspiring against him. Overall though, the GOP is filled with weak cunts and weasels who'll hang on Trump's nipples if it means a boost. The public approval tide has to shift fairly dramatically for those sucklers to let go. It might be happening. 

Perot received 19,743,821 votes, the most ever received by a third party candidate, which accounted for 18.91% of the popular vote.

no way he can touch that % without being the GOP candidate.

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The most retarded social issue were the republicans being compelled to get behind anti-abortion. 

Everyone should be anti-abortion. Anyone with a brain would agree to adopt the European model. Not in this retarded country though. You have nut job Christian pubs who wanna outlaw it all and trash Dems who wanna kill babies during the delivery at 9 mos old

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Snake said:

Totally disagree.

McConnel. McCarthy. McDaniel.

McFailure.

Same, and I reject the fact that its all the media wants to talk about.  Not into the virtual signaling game.  2 years is a long ways off, lets talk in a year, year and a half about Trump.  Lets see if some of these Dem leaders can stand up to the same scrutiny that Trump has had to.

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I agree and while I wish he would just go away can you blame him?  No politician has ever been treated like this.  Not even remotely.   We can all say what we want but if you put yourself in his shoes you would be out for retribution as well.   

If I was in his shoes I would work towards retribution through other individuals on the down low.  The more he makes himself public the more he opens himself up.  

Instead of pumping himself on the campaign trail he should have been pumping the candidates solely.  

After the election he should have truth socialed congrats to Governor and next President of the United States Mr Ron Desantis and congrats to Florida’s beautiful First Lady and future First Lady of the US.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Snake said:

Totally disagree.

McConnel. McCarthy. McDaniel.

McFailure.

Ya but youre a fucking idiot. So there's that.

:lol:

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Same, and I reject the fact that its all the media wants to talk about.  Not into the virtual signaling game.  2 years is a long ways off, lets talk in a year, year and a half about Trump.  Lets see if some of these Dem leaders can stand up to the same scrutiny that Trump has had to.

You and Trump are like 2 peas in a pod. He's always perceives himself as a victim as well.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Everyone should be anti-abortion. Anyone with a brain would agree to adopt the European model. Not in this retarded country though. You have nut job Christian pubs who wanna outlaw it all and trash Dems who wanna kill babies during the delivery at 9 mos old

Trump ran his Supreme Court justices through confirmation. Everyone one of them lied on the matter of abortion. I'm not making this up, it's in the record. That resonated strongly with the people who were paying attention. 

43 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

How many times has the guy switched parties anyways? :lol: He should just start his own party at this point

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Trump ran his Supreme Court justices through confirmation. Everyone one of them lied on the matter of abortion. I'm not making this up, it's in the record. That resonated strongly with the people who were paying attention. 

Overturning Roe was absolutely the right decision 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Overturning Roe was absolutely the right decision 

It was the best compromise and a conservative interpretation of the constitution imo.  The Ds still lost their shit over it, but I don't think it really had much impact on the election results either.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The majority says otherwise. I'm looking forward to more stupid decisions by the GOP. 

The majority is a fucking moron. Constitutional law ain’t a popularity contest. 

hypothetical scenario with hindsight

it's 2016 again and you have a massive field of Republican's to chose from... who would you pick today to have led for eight years?

Donald Trump

Ted Cruz

Marco Rubio

John Kasich

Ben Carson

Jeb Bush

Rand Paul

Carly Fiorina

John Gilmore

Rick Santorum

George Pataki

Lindsey Graham

Bobby Jindahl

Mark Everson

Scott Walker

Rick Perry

Trump beat out an enormous field of candidates with experience in government office, with no governmental experience at all.  That I won't take away from him.  But how did he do it?  By being an asshole and belittling his opponents?  By speaking to the common man?  Clearly that's what the country wanted in 2016 to run against Hillary.  I know a lot of lifelong Republicans that voted for Trump and had buyers remorse in 2020, that either didn't vote for potus on the ballot or voted for Biden.  

Of the list, my choice is in red. What's yours? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it's 2016 again and you have a massive field of Republican's to chose from... who would you pick today to have led for eight years?

Donald Trump

Ted Cruz

Marco Rubio

John Kasich

Ben Carson

Jeb Bush

Rand Paul

Carly Fiorina

John Gilmore

Rick Santorum

George Pataki

Lindsey Graham

Bobby Jindahl

Mark Everson

Scott Walker

Rick Perry

Trump beat out an enormous field of candidates with experience in government office, with no governmental experience at all.  That I won't take away from him.  But how did he do it?  By being an asshole and belittling his opponents?  By speaking to the common man?  Clearly that's what the country wanted in 2016 to run against Hillary.  I know a lot of lifelong Republicans that voted for Trump and had buyers remorse in 2020, that either didn't vote for potus on the ballot or voted for Biden.  

Trump capitalized on a global groundswell of populism and anti-stablishmemt sentiment. I’d support Trump the candidate on policy , unfortunately Trump the POTUS was pure trash. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Donald Trump

Ted Cruz

Marco Rubio

John Kasich

Ben Carson

Jeb Bush

Rand Paul

Carly Fiorina

John Gilmore

Rick Santorum

George Pataki

Lindsey Graham

Bobby Jindahl

Mark Everson

Scott Walker

Rick Perry

Kasich was my original choice too, but he turned out weak.  Burney weak, as a matter of fact.  And that's pretty fucking weak.

• Like 1