Check your account email address ×

“The reality is, [fossil fuel] is what runs the world today. It’s going to run the world tomorrow and five years from now, 10 years from now, 20 years from now.”

Biden administration had basically messed up the country’s—and the world’s—energy security by doubling down on the energy transition instead of motivating growth in oil production.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Oil-Industry-Execs-Lash-Out-At-Botched-Energy-Transition.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/11/us-should-pump-more-oil-to-avert-war-level-energy-crisis-jpmorgans-jamie-dimon.html

don't spill your milk kids... 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

driving to MPLS and back on Saturday gas at Kwik Trip in Thorp WI (a whistle stop town) was the cheapest by more than twenty cents per gallon.  Every place on I-94 was $3.88 or higher... just to fuck you over.  

Shortly after I took this picture an Amish family went by with their horse and buggy... not giving a fuck about gas prices or most energy prices.  😂

IMG_20221015_094552404.jpg

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bontz said:

We were in Spooner and Chippewa Falls this weekend ... $3.39 was the lowest price we saw.  And even that is still $1.39 too high :wall:

so am I not the only one noticing a bit of gouging going on?

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

so am I not the only one noticing a bit of gouging going on?

I think it's on purpose.... Just a little non-media driven political stand being taken.  And you know what?  Good for them.  Fuck Biden and his energy policies.

2 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

I think it's on purpose.... Just a little non-media driven political stand being taken.  And you know what?  Good for them.  Fuck Biden and his energy policies.

amazing how people rail against capitalism... at the pump

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Most of the youth hate Biden. They want cheap gas too. but 81 million 

Most of our youth hate Trudeau too so there is hope yet all is not lost! 

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/trudeau-is-shedding-support-among-dislocated-younger-voters-1.1767474

29 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Fueled up at that same kwik trip yesterday.  

Did you see an Amish horse and buggy?  :roflcrying:

There's a shitload in that area. 

Friend of ours lives in the Baldwin area off I-94 and was telling me a story about how you can go ditch skiing behind a horse and buggy in her area.  Sounds amusingly fun... and a bit dangerous.  

19 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

2 years ago we had 1.6 percent rate of inflation and a 6 percent growth in GDP now we have 8+ percent inflation and negative growth. Joe sucks it is just that simple.

all that stimulus $ didn't kick inflation into full swing in 2020 

the federal reserve has far more to do with the situation we're in than Trump, Biden or our elected idiots.  

Biden and Trump both made big mistakes along the way irl2 to oil, opec, the Saudi's and Russians.  

Didn't we have an energy Czar here once upon a time? 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

all that stimulus $ didn't kick inflation into full swing in 2020 

the federal reserve has far more to do with the situation we're in than Trump, Biden or our elected idiots.  

Biden and Trump both made big mistakes along the way irl2 to oil, opec, the Saudi's and Russians.  

Didn't we have an energy Czar here once upon a time? 

Excuses noted. 

40 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Friend of ours lives in the Baldwin area off I-94 and was telling me a story about how you can go ditch skiing behind a horse and buggy in her area.  Sounds amusingly fun... and a bit dangerous.  

We went through pretty early yesterday so missed all of the buggies full of amish going to church.  There is a shitload along hwy 29.  That ditch skiing things sounds like fun.  :)

• Like 1

“With respect to electric vehicles, the first thing we did was to ask ‘what’s the relevance?’ ‘How material is it to our business?’ And we did some work very early on and said ‘Let’s just make the assumption that people begin to shift and that ultimately, every car in the world sold is electric,’ and ultimately, I think we got to about 2040 that every vehicle in the world is electric,” Woods said. 

As for Exxon’s business in a world whose transportation sector no longer relies on fossil fuels, Woods noted the oil giant’s chemicals business would be key to keeping the company profitable. The plastics that Exxon produces, for example, could be used in electric vehicle production, according to the CEO. 

Woods noted that Exxon’s calculations suggest that oil demand in 2040 would be equivalent to what the global market needed back in 2013 or 2014. And at that point, Woods noted that Exxon Mobil would probably still be profitable. 

https://www.teslarati.com/exxon-mobil-ceo-all-cars-sold-by-2040-electric-vehicles/

Long story short, oil's not going away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

My Amish neighbors ski behind the buggies quite often. Believe it or not they care more about fuel price than you might think.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, akvanden said:

“With respect to electric vehicles, the first thing we did was to ask ‘what’s the relevance?’ ‘How material is it to our business?’ And we did some work very early on and said ‘Let’s just make the assumption that people begin to shift and that ultimately, every car in the world sold is electric,’ and ultimately, I think we got to about 2040 that every vehicle in the world is electric,” Woods said. 

As for Exxon’s business in a world whose transportation sector no longer relies on fossil fuels, Woods noted the oil giant’s chemicals business would be key to keeping the company profitable. The plastics that Exxon produces, for example, could be used in electric vehicle production, according to the CEO. 

Woods noted that Exxon’s calculations suggest that oil demand in 2040 would be equivalent to what the global market needed back in 2013 or 2014. And at that point, Woods noted that Exxon Mobil would probably still be profitable. 

https://www.teslarati.com/exxon-mobil-ceo-all-cars-sold-by-2040-electric-vehicles/

Long story short, oil's not going away. 

this is a very good point

'oil' is a huge part of our lives aside from powering our automobiles.  

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/oil-and-petroleum-products/use-of-oil.php#:~:text=We use petroleum products to,intermediate and end-user goods.

Screenshot_20221017-122916.png