Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

15 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I know mine is smarter than you. He stays out of conversations on things he does not know anything about. Just walks away.

I'd say the dog is considerably smarter than you, you are always butting into conversations you know nothing about, and giving wrong "advice"

Just now, krom said:

I'd say the dog is considerably smarter than you, you are always butting into conversations you know nothing about, and giving wrong "advice"

Only to bother you and that idiot with a lot of letters in it.

Being I actually own one, not a sled that has not been built since? Long fucking time ago. Other than that, go Fuck yourself, internet JESUS. 

8 minutes ago, mnstang said:

OR, the 800 has the small bore helix....

Og Dota 2 Mind Blown GIF by Red Bull

a2247cff2da152d133bc00df58b07a86.gif

7 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Have yet to start. Heading out for supper and Bingo. I do need to get some squirt though.

PCP, heroin, qualudes... no one is as dumb as you being sober

have a nice average supper and average bingo night 

2 minutes ago, krom said:

he should trademark it... 

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

Only to bother you and that idiot with a lot of letters in it.

Being I actually own one, not a sled that has not been built since? Long fucking time ago. Other than that, go Fuck yourself, internet JESUS. 

He prob has more time riding one, than your lying ass.  Can about guarantee he's been faster on one that you.

3 minutes ago, krom said:

He prob has more time riding one, than your lying ass.  Can about guarantee he's been faster on one that you.

actually no, haven't ridden 10 feet on one...  

do I actually need to as to point out some specifications with personal experience and  instinct?   

probably shouldn't have mentioned the shit ass soft suspension springs specs and how to upgrade them either.

oops!  :ashamed: 

7 minutes ago, krom said:

No you can't. Another lie from you.

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

He is a liar, plain and simple. Just go to NY and blow him already.

please leave this thread... or the earth for that matter.  you bring nothing of value to this or any site you're on.   

:bigfinger:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

please leave this thread... or the earth for that matter.  you bring nothing of value to this or any site you're on.   

:bigfinger:

Yes then we can have the TDS echo chamber that we all want.  All like minded people that won't challenge ideas.  Oh and no humor too.

I read your quoted text and laughed.  I don't need to be on a side or know who he's talking to.  It was funny to see that quoted, period.  And to want that to go away is a pretty lame take.

And I love how he pisses off an entire uptight forum.

11 hours ago, Palu49 said:

He’s claiming stock on snow, I said ehhh I’d like to see proof on that because I haven’t heard of a race team stocker over 105 on ice. Then he went off on a rant about Ben’s Soo sled going 113 with his clutching which doesn’t seem to correlate but ok. Fuck a good running decent clutched 800 ctec with a boss doesn’t run more than 103-104 on snow

We were able to get 107 out of the one set up for ice twice in a weekend, but could not get above 104-105 with any consistency.  

It could run 103 and 104 real consistent, 105 sometimes, and 107 twice.  Hours worth of testing.

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Yes then we can have the TDS echo chamber that we all want.  All like minded people that won't challenge ideas.  Oh and no humor too.

I read your quoted text and laughed.  I don't need to be on a side or know who he's talking to.  It was funny to see that quoted, period.  And to want that to go away is a pretty lame take.

And I love how he pisses off an entire uptight forum.

army marching GIF

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@Palu49 in regard to a comment you just posted.

2024 ZR 8000 RR

56/49 helix with 180/240 secondary spring and 85/225 primary spring with 66g weights

2024 ZR 600's

same exact helix and secondary spring with 65/255 primary spring and 60g weights

yes... the same helix and secondary spring as the big bore.  as posted above the prior 6000's commonly ran a 48 helix as do all the 2021 Polaris 600 sleds regardless of the gearing.  so what's available in between the 48 and 56 to test along with a touch softer secondary spring?  

probably just :owned: myself again posting facts and specifications but... 

:ashamed:

I’d like to try a 52/44 or something along those lines with the trusty old 155/220. I don’t know if that’s too shallow on the final ramp or not but it could get it snappier down low while still functioning without having too much jackshaft speed for the motor when it hits the progressive angle which it seemed like with the 56/49 (I don’t even know if that makes sense but that’s how it seemed to us)

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

We were able to get 107 out of the one set up for ice twice in a weekend, but could not get above 104-105 with any consistency.  

It could run 103 and 104 real consistent, 105 sometimes, and 107 twice.  Hours worth of testing.

I think realistically mine doing 95-96 gps on shit snow consistently (4 passes in a row is consistent for this winter we have) would put it around 99-100 on good snow and 102-104 on ice based on previous experience with boss secondary’s. I don’t think it would be the best possible performer without changes though. I also don’t really see a 107mph boss secondary stock 600 on SNOW happening.

I also don’t know that much about clutching compared to a lot of people that’s why I have been trying pretty hard to get this dialed in myself but checking with you guys before trying things. I’m not terribly mad about the piss poor stock clutching because it made me figure it out (as best as I can with my knowledge). 

• Like 2

My next set up helix will be a 50/46 and the 155/220. I usually like straights, but based on what Palu49 posted and my limited seat time I feel like 46 should be a good finish. I don't know about venturing to far from 48 as the 48S seems to be working better then the stock 56/49. I was torn between 52/46 or 50/46. I had the hitters loaded to the point they were just slightly lazy with the 56/49 stocker and the 155/220. So they should be really close going to the 50/46. At least I have in my pea brain things working out that way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

My next set up helix will be a 50/46 and the 155/220. I usually like straights, but based on what Palu49 posted and my limited seat time I feel like 46 should be a good finish. I don't know about venturing to far from 48 as the 48S seems to be working better then the stock 56/49. I was torn between 52/46 or 50/46. I had the hitters loaded to the point they were just slightly lazy with the 56/49 stocker and the 155/220. So they should be really close going to the 50/46. At least I have in my pea brain things working out that way.

I think the 46 finish might be perfect and agree on a 52 or 50 giving a little more oomph on the hit without just letting the motor free rev I’ll have to see if I can find those options to compare to the 48s and something with a 44

1 minute ago, Palu49 said:

I think the 46 finish might be perfect and agree on a 52 or 50 giving a little more oomph on the hit without just letting the motor free rev I’ll have to see if I can find those options to compare to the 48s and something with a 44

I also think the 44 finish might work. Especially if your looking for big top end and more backshift. Just wondering if the 44 will fall off some and not stay "ON THE PIPE"?  Either way i think its important to stay on the pipe. Pretty sure you know what I mean unless your hearing impaired! When I read your post the first thing I thought was okay that 48S is really close to where we need to be. But the proof is always in the testing. I might get a chance to test on lake up north, but trail riding is probably not happening this year as we have zero base and hardly any frost or snow. I actually have no snow on the lake at cabin in upper Michigan.  

• Sad 1

The thing that really has me leaning towards a lower progressive instead of just running the 48 straight is the potential to put more weight in the primary, keep the rpms and raise the pipe temps.

Just now, Palu49 said:

The thing that really has me leaning towards a lower progressive instead of just running the 48 straight is the potential to put more weight in the primary, keep the rpms and raise the pipe temps.

Yes keep that belt up into overdrive in the primary also. On the pipe for sure. At some point with more weight it may go the other way with efficiency also.

Just now, jonlafon1 said:

Yes keep that belt up into overdrive in the primary also. On the pipe for sure. At some point with more weight it may go the other way with efficiency also.

Right I think it could pull a 44 or 46 easily to 8200 ish with 63 or 64 grams in it though