Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

1 minute ago, Palu49 said:

Right I think it could pull a 44 or 46 easily to 8200 ish with 63 or 64 grams in it though

AGREE. And I have changed my thought on shooting for 8000 RPM max up top.. Maybe 8150-8200.. When I was getting slightly lazy(weights) on my last test run I noticed the sound changes/pipe just from 7900 to 8100.. Thinking 8200 is "the spot"

If it would snow I would try the 48/44 I have. Just need snow and a spring. The local deal has the spring back ordered through wps but I think he is blowing smoke up my ass and is waiting for enough parts to be put on order through wps to get a volume deal on price and shipping. Venom has a few hundred in stock so I might just get one coming directly. I will be gone for the next 2 week ends and no snow or cold in the forecast 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

If it would snow I would try the 48/44 I have. Just need snow and a spring. The local deal has the spring back ordered through wps but I think he is blowing smoke up my ass and is waiting for enough parts to be put on order through wps to get a volume deal on price and shipping. Venom has a few hundred in stock so I might just get one coming directly. I will be gone for the next 2 week ends and no snow or cold in the forecast 

What spring you looking to run?

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

All like minded people that won't challenge ideas. 

Oh and no humor too.

Absolutely true. But what exactly has been challenged besides the limit of his own stupidity?

If by humor you mean the subject of everyone's incredulous disgust? I guess I'll give you that.

3 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

What spring you looking to run?

155/220. Getting one really isn’t the issue I have just been lazy about it hoping it would come into the local store so I won’t have to pay the ups guy lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I decided to actually go and look back a couple years to compare the gearing and clutching info.

these were all the factory combos for the 2020 600 powered trail sleds... 

Riot 1.25 / 6000 LTD / SnoPro

22/48 gearing  48S helix 155/220 secondary spring 85/275 primary spring slinging 68 gram weights

RXC

23/40 gearing 38/40 helix 155/222 secondary spring  120/265 primary spring swinging 66 gram weights 

honestly, I could have sworn the regular sleds were quite different... maybe I was thinking of the 800's?    will peek at those next.  

Polaris for sure has a bunch of variables depending on the model and track style but only NSP is capable of dialing in all their power.

For what’s it’s worth I ran 140/200 65/55 full progressive helix on 600 procross. It’s 800 brother got a 140/200 75/61 helix I remember right. Gearing was the same between the 2 

Any thoughts from anyone on removing the tab on the secondary spring?  Thought I saw a post saying Terry at thunder did this ?  Not sure why? Trying to maybe soften the pressure on the finish because its not being held on one end and twisted as it compresses. Hence maybe creating a softer finish maybe?  

3 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Any thoughts from anyone on removing the tab on the secondary spring?  Thought I saw a post saying Terry at thunder did this ?  Not sure why? Trying to maybe soften the pressure on the finish because its not being held on one end and twisted as it compresses. Hence maybe creating a softer finish maybe?  

Don’t do that yet. 

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

Yes then we can have the TDS echo chamber that we all want.  All like minded people that won't challenge ideas.  Oh and no humor too.

I read your quoted text and laughed.  I don't need to be on a side or know who he's talking to.  It was funny to see that quoted, period.  And to want that to go away is a pretty lame take.

And I love how he pisses off an entire uptight forum.

this is the cesspool... ;)

probably shouldn't be commenting in this thread I started as I 'don't own one'... 

:roflcrying:

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

this is the cesspool... ;)

probably shouldn't be commenting in this thread I started as I 'don't own one'... 

:roflcrying:

You literally start every thread (why is it called a thread)? Get a life maybe?

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

You literally start every thread (why is it called a thread)? Get a life maybe?

apparently I do it to give you a format to showcase your ignorance

how was dinner and bingo... average?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Premium said:

Absolutely true. But what exactly has been challenged besides the limit of his own stupidity?

If by humor you mean the subject of everyone's incredulous disgust? I guess I'll give you that.

Most of what he says is opinion and no right or wrong.  But people can't have dissenting opinions around here.  The cool clique doesn't allow for that.

If he was objectively wrong about everything, people wouldn't get so worked up. 

People are just mad that Cats are the best.

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Did you do 2 fish fries and bingo?? Or 3 fries and no bingo? 

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

Did you do 2 fish fries and bingo?? Or 3 fries and no bingo? 

I had clam chowder and a filet, wife had fish and shrimp... then we went to the girls basketball game

it was all above average

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Most of what he says is opinion and no right or wrong.  But people can't have dissenting opinions around here.  The cool clique doesn't allow for that.

No, that's exactly why people are so worked up hahaha

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Above your pay grade. Added a race, which adds to our trail fund. Maybe get off the net and join a club. Help out a bit. Myself? Raised $1,300 and climbing for Hospice. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mnstang said:

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Above your pay grade. Added a race, which adds to our trail fund. Maybe get off the net and join a club. Help out a bit. Myself? Raised $1,300 and climbing for Hospice. 

giphy.gif

29 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I had clam chowder and a filet, wife had fish and shrimp... then we went to the girls basketball game

it was all above average

The shrimp or the fish? 

8 hours ago, mnstang said:

Opinions are like assholes... But, I'm not sure if you are blind, because he is factually wrong, or just plain lying about almost everything he claims.

Including the brake line not being stainless, changing the belt by taking the secondary apart, 870, yamaha, ac stamping their own tunnels in house, the list goes on endlessly.

• Like 3