Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

15 minutes ago, krom said:

you see him bragging on TY around a year ago about how he was working with AC on the catalyst clutching, and the huge improvements he made to it?

He has deep connections in the Mira crowd. He posted a video of him testing with Ben out in front of my house before the soo 500. How much he is actually involved with in arctic cat I am not sure. His product line he bought from lonn does work but it isn’t a bolt on clutch kit as you know. I have bought a lot of thunder products but that was in the lonn days. IMO he has a good product for tuners, with nsp marketing tactics. Bolt on market that he is going after will bite him in the ass with his aggressive claims. I personally don’t know him but I have friends that do and his business partner cousin stores and does all of our boat work. 

12 minutes ago, mnstang said:

some carb miracle products

This is "thunder products"  Not thunder clutching. Lonn owned both of them for years. It was split off in 2018 and Terry and his partner only have the clutching side of the original thunder products line. The heavy hitters weights work well and are very efficient. I started using the weights(2012) when LONN owned the company. 

3 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Exploding catalyst clutch covers are the new talk on fuck book and which aftermarket is the best? I guess Zach was so worried he was sent 2 magic covers after pine lake. 

Not possible.  Jimwit says that the ProCross is perfect and needed nothing, but the CatsAss is better yet.

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Not possible.  Jimwit says that the ProCross is perfect and needed nothing, but the CatsAss is better yet.

He sanded the roads to much and I have a mess of a sled now from open trailer hauling 

38 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/did-you-guys-see-the-new-cat-catalyst.165157/page-4

This where Terry post about the catalyst and clutching. Judge for your self

This Yamaha claim didn't age well.

He posts a lot on the FB posts.  I wonder what he wikk say when the consumers aren't anywhere near his claims?

The Hercules helix alone should make any catalyst 120 mph.

Screenshot_20240212-222448.png

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

He posts a lot on the FB posts.  I wonder what he wikk say when the consumers aren't anywhere near his claims?

The Hercules was nothing he made. Lonn did that. It was a huge chunk of metal that would not flex. I can’t remember the angles of it but it was common that worked on the cats. It was part of you had to be tuner to make it work not a bolt on product. It was similar to the d and d helix at the time with way bigger legs. 

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Tapp option?

@Tommcat 

Do 2s owners ever step up or is it primarily t4s guys upgrading?  pretty sure I already know the answer but... :dunno:

Yes, the adapt has issues as well but nowhere near what the teams do.

A cover upgrade does help a little, depending on whos cover. there are a few that look worse than stock IMO

The TAPP is not available for 2 strokes currently, although im pushing for it on the high powered 850s and turbos. they really excel and were designed for big torque, which is not what a 600 or even 800 2 stroke has.

Edited by Tommcat
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, mnstang said:

My point was to read his posts about the clutching/ bragging and make your own judgments.  The guy was on PRE production sled, and praising the shit out of cat and the catalyst. Look forward to yours and everyone else that posts clutching thoughts after riding some miles on them. I will share what I use and draggy times if it ever snows. The draggy is a great tool for not just top end but 10-50 mph clutching set ups. 

On 2/10/2024 at 4:44 PM, Palu49 said:

The adapt screws suck so I found out when I tried to put the torx in their place 

The ups man stopped over yesterday. Well I didn't get screwed! Says on site they include screws?

Still a nice helix, hope it doesn't end up in the "tuning box". Time will tell

helix1.jpg

helix2.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonlafon1 said:

The ups man stopped over yesterday. Well I didn't get screwed! Says on site they include screws?

Still a nice helix, hope it doesn't end up in the "tuning box". Time will tell

helix1.jpg

helix2.jpg

Shiny, with lightening pockets

2 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Is that where they removed material?  Lightening pockets?

the 4 areas around the bushing that they removed material, for no reason other than to remove weight.

Just now, krom said:

the 4 areas around the bushing that they removed material, for no reason other than to remove weight.

I see Speedwerx does this some also.. Slightly different area but same principal.. BDX offers some nice stuff for very competitive prices. I run their helix on the winder also.. Will see how this one does.

10 hours ago, mnstang said:

They have a history of really over promising and over hyping some things.  Even if you read through their products they make everything they sell sound like it's earth shattering stuff with zero downsides and massively huge gains.  I see their FB posts, reputable companies aren't doing that stuff you don't see any of them constantly promoting and posting their supposed test data, sometime also throwing shade about "the other guys".  Comes off as sleezy.  IMO they are worse than nsp Rick in the big claims talk and big head department.

but are they actually flat out lying like rick? if so then i'd agree, but i dont personally see that

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

When I saw thunders clutch cover and they're holding in a bushing by using three button heads I went uhhhh....

The bushing on the 911 covers from past have been this same design. Cant say I have ever had a issue with that center bushing. The bushing will last longer then the sled. I have had 911 cover on a wicked up winder(2022 & 2017) that's held anyways. 

6 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

The bushing on the 911 covers from past have been this same design. Cant say I have ever had a issue with that center bushing. The bushing will last longer then the sled. I have had 911 cover on a wicked up winder(2022 & 2017) that's held anyways. 

I was more thinking why wouldnt you machine it from the back side and have a press in vs adding mass to the primary - bronze and aluminum have similar growth rates so you dont have to worry about it coming out.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

I was more thinking why wouldnt you machine it from the back side and have a press in vs adding mass to the primary - bronze and aluminum have similar growth rates so you dont have to worry about it coming out.

I have not seen the one offered for catalyst. I do not do facebook.. Wondering if its different to fit in the tight space?  Guessing they are not similar. ?  My mistake maybe.

Edited by jonlafon1

1 minute ago, jonlafon1 said:

I have not seen the one offered for catalyst. I do not do facebook.. Wondering if its different to fit in the tight space? 

image.jpeg.c1871b11d795d6a71fb8725f8595dbeb.jpeg

You could make it work no problem pressing it in

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

has anyone tried a Comet yet? 

:hdchr:

I just might

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fortune46x said:

image.jpeg.c1871b11d795d6a71fb8725f8595dbeb.jpeg

You could make it work no problem pressing it in

I just might

Gotcha.  That looks to be what I have seen and used in the past, as far as holding in the bushing. In my experience I have not had a issue with the bushing. I have the precision one on the Catalyst. I like the brass bushing over the plastic. But he was not offering a cover in December. 

911 cover