Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

45 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Much closer to full shift on both clutches. 

Check your TCL bolts on the engine side, one of mine was loose that wasn’t when I had the clutch off 90 miles ago.

Is that still running 66g with stock secondary?

I found one bolt loose on the jackshaft end of the TCL. 

20240128_131028.thumb.jpg.a65cd80b7eb30a526f60b04cd1a95834.jpg

That happened after initial break in miles.  I guess it's worth checking behind the primary too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

You sound like a sled snob dude. It never bothered me to engage in conversation with anyone about snowmobiling. That's how they learn and maybe they'll get into and maybe stay in the sport for awhile.

I probably sound that way.  It's been a running joke that I've had with buddies throughout the years, if you have a hotrod car you get the same questions.  It's from innocent people I shouldn't say retards but we're on the internet and if I have to be a snob somewhere I guess the internet cesspool is the better place, I try not to take this place too seriously.

37 minutes ago, favoritos said:

Add the weight of bushing.  It's a 66 in the pic.

So your saying the weight is at least 66 grams with the bushing?

1 hour ago, favoritos said:

Is that still running 66g with stock secondary?

I found one bolt loose on the jackshaft end of the TCL. 

20240128_131028.thumb.jpg.a65cd80b7eb30a526f60b04cd1a95834.jpg

That happened after initial break in miles.  I guess it's worth checking behind the primary too.

66s and the the 48s 64s and 62s will be here tomorrow

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Deja vous all over again..

Though it came up already in this thread, but its come up hundreds of times so it may not have been this thread..

Textron in their infinite wisdom marks weighs with the last 3 digits of the pn, and the mass of the weight not including the bushing.
Everyplace else they label and mention it, the mass of the bushing is included.  So 66g weights are marked 65, 64g weights marked 63 etc.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

The ADAPT weight numbers for reference are 1 gram over the number stamped on them.

It's a goofy way of doing the numbers, but that's what they use. Haven't weighed the bushings, but  I've weighed quite a few with bushings and the actual weight is just under the rated number.  I.E. 66 gram reference number actually weighs 65.70 grams.

Here are a couple sets of 116-65, (66g) weights with bushings.  I wrote the decimal point over 65 on each.

20230214_084128.thumb.jpg.24ef45bb82a73a35e47727c2fb634e88.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

66s and the the 48s 64s and 62s will be here tomorrow

I wasn't too clear.  I wondered about the secondary.  Wasn't sure if you had swapped again?

So, just to be clear this time.  Are you running stock spring with the 48S or is that with the 155-220?

27 minutes ago, krom said:

Deja vous all over again..

Though it came up already in this thread, but its come up hundreds of times so it may not have been this thread..

Textron in their infinite wisdom marks weighs with the last 3 digits of the pn, and the mass of the weight not including the bushing.
Everyplace else they label and mention it, the mass of the bushing is included.  So 66g weights are marked 65, 64g weights marked 63 etc.

Jim thinks this is an innovative and genius move by Cat and texteon and only they are smart enough to ever dream up doing something this earth shattering 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, favoritos said:

I wasn't too clear.  I wondered about the secondary.  Wasn't sure if you had swapped again?

So, just to be clear this time.  Are you running stock spring with the 48S or is that with the 155-220?

48S has the 155/220 in it which was stock setup for a 19. I haven’t swapped the 155/220 into the stock catalyst helix and tried it.

@favoritos I don’t see a lot of good coming out of that stock helix but I think a 50-52/44 would work well in its place. I bet that would be a hot ticket with the 64 gram weights. I still haven’t found a primary spring I love and nobody really lists their adapt springs online yet. I’d like to try about 85 initial with the same finish in the primary 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

@favoritos I don’t see a lot of good coming out of that stock helix but I think a 50-52/44 would work well in its place. I bet that would be a hot ticket with the 64 gram weights. I still haven’t found a primary spring I love and nobody really lists their adapt springs online yet. I’d like to try about 85 initial with the same finish in the primary 

I found a Cat spring part number 1646-005 , listed as a 85/255 rate.

Had to order it non refundable.  It doesn't look like a normal stock item.

BTW, our little 65/255 spring is not available.  I'm a little curious to see what is replacing the thing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, favoritos said:

I found a Cat spring part number 1646-005 , listed as a 85/255 rate.

Had to order it non refundable.  It doesn't look like a normal stock item.

BTW, our little 65/255 spring is not available.  I'm a little curious to see what is replacing the thing.

That is the stock spring from a catalyst M 600

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, favoritos said:

Yepper.  Dealer has the clutch on hand with spring included, but they don't stock the spring?

Is that the spring that comes in all the adapt primary’s? I know they all have a spring in them but that’s it 

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

Is that the spring that comes in all the adapt primary’s? I know they all have a spring in them but that’s it 

They have several different PN primarys this year because of the new springs.
If you order a catalyst M primary, you'll get the 85-255

Just now, krom said:

They have several different PN primarys this year because of the new springs.
If you order a catalyst M primary, you'll get the 85-255

Ahh ok makes more sense why they’re coming with springs in them then.

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

how can I make it wheelie?

:ashamed:

Easy.  Have Jimwit put his fat ass way on the back of the seat.   He said his is so fast it will wheelie sitting still when he does that.

15 hours ago, fortune46x said:

And how many miles do you have on your catalyst?

@Not greg b has substantially more time on his then you.. hell I have more time on mine then you. Your argument is 110% opinion on how good the catalyst is.

I am not sure to be honest. Not enough.  I do know if cat put some different calibrations in the clutching and the suspension this sled would be a home run out of the box. And it doesn’t need to be a race set up. It needs to run like a 600 should. Using the same secondary set up on every trail sled is wrong. It wouldn’t take an engineering over haul to fix it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Easy.  Have Jimwit put his fat ass way on the back of the seat.   He said his is so fast it will wheelie sitting still when he does that.

there is no 'back of the seat' on them... it's basically a seat like you might find on grandma's three wheeled bicycle. 

Jim doesn't care about wheelies... that's @Gym Ramstud  :roflcrying:

6 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Using the same secondary set up on every trail sled is wrong. It wouldn’t take an engineering over haul to fix it. 

soon as I saw the ZR'S and Riots had the same setup I had a feeling they weren't fully dialed in.  all with different tracks, etc. 

speaking of which... haven't heard anyone mention how the Catalyst Riot is performing?  I think @p51mstg bought one but don't know for sure and if he's gotten much wot saddle time.